Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 10:43 pm

This may sound weird, but I often wish that I had a friend (whether it be online or offline) who acts a bit in a stupid way but not to the point that it gets annoying.

I wish for a friend who lacks lots of knowledge and asks lots of questions so that I can teach them stuff. Hmm...this sounds a lot like parenting a kid...maybe I'm at an age when certain hormones are kicking in that would biologically make me fit to be a parent.

But I think I've found another reason. This may sound horrible, but I feel a desire for a SPECIAL friend, who is stupid enough so that he/she won't abandon me for another friend. He/she would be so stupid and act like such an idiot that he/she is unable to form other friendships. Yes, my horrible thoughts have come out, but this is how I sometimes feel. Whenever I see a friend who feels close to other friends, I somehow feel this negative feeling.

If I ever have kids one day, I may want to have a kid who is autistic. Why? So that he/she might be closer to the parent and spend more time with me.

Really selfish thinking in this post, I know, but I'm just expressing my feelings here.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 10:48 pm

At least you aren't lying to yourself here.

Sometimes I get the desire to have this one friend I find myself to be dependent on to be dependent on me for a change. I don't know why and I feel like a control-freak of some sort for wanting this, but sometimes I have that desire.

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 11:08 pm

I don't care how more or less intelligent someone is than me. I just want to get to the point where I can have one person in my life who understands me and wants to be around me for more than 30 seconds. If I can have that, their intelligence level is irrelevent.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 2:18 am

This is why it's easier for me to make friends with people who aren't my age. If they're younger, I kinda look after them and teach them. If they're older, I look up to them in the opposite way.

Kevtrev
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2011, 4:15 am

I was lucky enough to meet someone on the internet 6 years ago who's been a true, true friend and I know he always will be. He's seen so many of my flaws, yet he's still there. I have yet to meet him in real life, but I'm sure that'll go perfectly well once it happens. Even if the first meeting's gonna be awkward, we can just play some videogames (a shared hobby of ours) and we'll relax and laugh in no time.

Still, I kinda know what you mean. I have never had a girlfriend, but when I imagine having one, I feel I want to be 'her hero'. I wouldn't want her to be "stupid", though. I've been around plenty of "stupid" people, but the difference in intelligence just drove me crazy as time passed. I kept having to 'lower' myself to their level, so to speak.