Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AspieGurl89_MI
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2007, 10:14 pm

PathoftheImmortals wrote:
Hey there Nikki! My name’s Eric. I know exactly what you mean about about having difficulty relating to people of the same age.
I found my high school years especially difficult as lots of emphasis seems to be placed on just “fitting in” or “being cool” with many people around this age. I’m working on an English degree in university now and am enjoying it slightly more but still find ‘being social’ quite difficult as I still have a fair amount of social anxiety and am probably still much too introverted for my own good (although I have been trying to work on this). I like listening to music, hiking, going for long drives, weight-training, watching a good movie… pretty much anything that is not particularly social I guess. :lol:

I see you like animals. Do you have any pets?

I'm glad to see an aspie in a University. I am graduating from high school this yr and have had doubts about college and my ability to suceed due to the fact that I also have social anxiety and anxiety of the unkown in a sense. Just from your post, I feel like I was reading the post of the future me...lol. My feshman and sophmore yr in high school were horrible b/c all I wanted to do was fit in. I have been home-schooled for the last 2 yrs and even do better not only with school work but with social interaction and independence. I do have pets. I have fish and a retired racing greyhound and I love her to death. Do you have any pets?

PathoftheImmortals
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2007, 6:20 pm

AspieGurl89_MI wrote:
Hey there Nikki! My name’s Eric. I know exactly what you mean about about having difficulty relating to people of the same age.
I found my high school years especially difficult as lots of emphasis seems to be placed on just “fitting in” or “being cool” with many people around this age. I’m working on an English degree in university now and am enjoying it slightly more but still find ‘being social’ quite difficult as I still have a fair amount of social anxiety and am probably still much too introverted for my own good (although I have been trying to work on this). I like listening to music, hiking, going for long drives, weight-training, watching a good movie… pretty much anything that is not particularly social I guess. :lol:

I'm glad to see an aspie in a University. I am graduating from high school this yr and have had doubts about college and my ability to suceed due to the fact that I also have social anxiety and anxiety of the unkown in a sense. Just from your post, I feel like I was reading the post of the future me...lol. My feshman and sophmore yr in high school were horrible b/c all I wanted to do was fit in. I have been home-schooled for the last 2 yrs and even do better not only with school work but with social interaction and independence. I do have pets. I have fish and a retired racing greyhound and I love her to death. Do you have any pets?

Yeah, home-school/correspondence is awesome. From about grade 7 on I bugged my parents to take me out of regular public school but it wasn’t until my final year, after grade 11 that they actually decided it was my choice. During this final year my life was much easier and I had much less stress and anxiety due to having less painful social situations on a day to day basis. I wouldn’t say I was ever really ‘bullied’ all that much in the typical sense during the years before, but always felt socially awkward and suspected people were always ‘talking about me’ behind my back (whether they really were or not, I guess I will never know).
I went to university for two full years before this (with regular classes) but now am currently only taking university courses by correspondence unfortunately. I am, however, determined to be back taking ‘regular classes’ by the fall.
That’s really cool that you have a retired racing greyhound. I have a pet cat named Toto, who I named when I was about 4 after watching the ‘Wizard of Oz’. He’s not really that much fun anymore and all he really does now is lazily sleep in his box but I still love him anyways. ;)
Is there anything you plan on studying once you finish high school?? Trying to find a cure for us aspies possibly?? :P

oceanbeach
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2007, 9:47 pm

AspieGurl89_MI wrote:
Hi. I'm Nikki. I'm a 17yr old female. I love electronics, music, school, learning, animals, fashion, watching tv, shopping, and lots more!! ! I'm a girly girl but do have a rocker side to me at times. I'm just a laid back, down to earth aspie who loves to have a good laugh. I speak spanish and I am a volunteer teacher's assistant for my little sister's school for the Spanish class. I love to listen to others. I've been through alot in my 17 yrs of life that have inevitably forced me to grow up and mature faster than those my age. I tend to connect with people younger or older than me unless its on the internet. I love to chat and make new friends. I graduate from high school in May and am going to college. I'm just looking for more friends on here. If you really want to get to know me you can read my previous posts by clicking on my profile or you can just ask. :D thanks!

Hi Nikki. I am 19/male have aspergers and looking to make new friends. You can pm me anytime.

AspieGurl89_MI

11 Jan 2007, 9:24 pm

AspieGurl89_MI wrote:

Yeah, home-school/correspondence is awesome. From about grade 7 on I bugged my parents to take me out of regular public school but it wasn’t until my final year, after grade 11 that they actually decided it was my choice. During this final year my life was much easier and I had much less stress and anxiety due to having less painful social situations on a day to day basis. I wouldn’t say I was ever really ‘bullied’ all that much in the typical sense during the years before, but always felt socially awkward and suspected people were always ‘talking about me’ behind my back (whether they really were or not, I guess I will never know).
I went to university for two full years before this (with regular classes) but now am currently only taking university courses by correspondence unfortunately. I am, however, determined to be back taking ‘regular classes’ by the fall.
That’s really cool that you have a retired racing greyhound. I have a pet cat named Toto, who I named when I was about 4 after watching the ‘Wizard of Oz’. He’s not really that much fun anymore and all he really does now is lazily sleep in his box but I still love him anyways. ;)
Is there anything you plan on studying once you finish high school?? Trying to find a cure for us aspies possibly?? :P
'
I'm not quite sure what I want to study...at this point anything that I can do with out having anxiety and use my speaking spanish. I'm considering psychology or teaching at a hispanic school where spanish is the only language spoken. My dog is lasy too. She only gets up to eat and go outside...lol.