Do you throw a party for your birthday?

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

AnonymousPasserBy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2011, 5:59 pm

My parents stopped organising birthday parties when I was like 7 because they saw it just freaked me out.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

Not since I was 11.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

I had one for my golden Birthday.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:07 pm

Nope. I don't think I've had one of those since I was a child.

I go on holiday instead. Seems to work fine for me.

nikaTheJellyfish
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Oct 2011, 5:09 pm

I haven't had one since I was 15. My family cooks a meal and we have a quiet party at home. They know I hate to go out to celebrate ;)

Is anyone else scared of their birthday? I am. I am terrified of the thought of having a surprise party thrown for me or going out to eat and someone telling the waiting staff that it is my birthday. I know I would just freak out and everything would be messed up. That's why i refuse to go out to eat two weeks on either side of my birthday.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 5:22 pm

I never want to again......for some reason parties and PTSD don't mix that well. If I am still with the dude Im dating right now when my next birthday comes around I hope to just hang out with him and no one else and not even talk to anyone else on my freaking birthday.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 7:16 pm

No. Parties make me feel as though my skin is being scratced from the inside.

However, bet it'd be fun if I knew some fellow Aspies who would go on a hike with me on my birthday. I don't, so that's not gonna happen.

I try to make myself go somewhere I want to be - this year it was the mountains. :) x 1000

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 10:26 pm

I haven't had a party in years. My last few birthdays involved me alone in a bookstore. Best birthdays ever.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:26 am

I usually just go out for dinner with family since I've never really had friends to have a birthday party with in the past.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 3:39 am

No I prefer to go out to a nice restruant I hate parties :twisted: besides who would I invite rent a crowd. :) :) :)

IDontGetIt
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2011, 4:08 am

For my 21st I managed to convince one person to come out for a drink. Everybody else I mentioned it to just shrugged and changed the subject. It's so great being the weird guy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 5:56 am

it's not even my birthday [another 2 months] but to soothe and console myself for having to go to effing jury duty for the rest of the effing month, i will treat myself at a restaurant afterwards.

Galvanic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Oct 2011, 3:16 pm

I'm not really a big fan of parties, especially parties with lots of people. Although for my 17th birthday I invited a few of my friends over my house. We had had some cake and I got birthday cards and gifts. After that we went to a concert consisting of local underground metal bands and it was tight. All and all it was a pretty good birthday.

Pocket
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2011, 7:02 pm

I'd be the wierd guy around here, and say yes then. Some two months late, but yeah, I am inviting friends, guys from school etc. to join me for a night out at some bar in the city. I do not know if it'll be a success at all, but I am giving it a go. Last year I had a perculiar pancake dinner, which turned out well. This year, growing 25, I feel like I ought to do some celebration, so I am hoping for a cosy night out. I prefered to postpone it till after the exams though. My actual birthday was a lot of work, half a concert, and going to a café with an old friend of mine.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 7:11 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Do you throw a party for your birthday?

I try not to, but my in-laws insist on taking me out every year. I'd be just as happy to be allowed to play video games solo all day.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 7:12 pm

Not since I was 7 and that party constituted of me my mom and dad, a birthday cake and a happy birthday sign hung above the cake. My dad was awesome. I had one when I was 5 because I wanted to play and no one would, so i told everyone I had a birthday party that day and my parents ran around all over town for two ours to make an impromptu party. The kids still would not play with me my cousin broke three of my presents and a balloon exploded, which I cried about for hours.

last birthday I stayed home ate Chinese food and played Rift. . . I loved it.