Signs of someone who want to be your friend?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

omega26
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jun 2012, 5:07 am

What are the signs of a true friend?

and...

What are signs of someone who wants to be your friend?

MillieRose
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jun 2012, 11:04 am

Signs of a true friend would be someone who accepts you for who you are, you should feel at ease with them to talk about anything you want and not feel the conversation is awkward or you've said something wrong...
If someone wants to be your friend you shouldn't feel your chasing after their friendship or trying to win them over! it should come naturally from them aswell as you, when you know you know! :-)

minotaurheadcheese
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jun 2012, 10:19 pm

MillieRose wrote:
Signs of a true friend would be someone who accepts you for who you are, you should feel at ease with them to talk about anything you want and not feel the conversation is awkward or you've said something wrong...
If someone wants to be your friend you shouldn't feel your chasing after their friendship or trying to win them over! it should come naturally from them aswell as you, when you know you know! :-)

What if you never find anyone who seems to share this with you? Literally never?

"And there are days when I would be away . . . Oh, wherever men of my sort used to go, long ago. Wandering on paths that other men have not seen. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain." -Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

MillieRose
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jun 2012, 7:37 pm

minotaurheadcheese wrote:
MillieRose wrote:

What if you never find anyone who seems to share this with you? Literally never?

I used to think that, I didn't have anybody and I believed if I tried to act like everybody else and get along with everyone I could make friends easily and everything would be great...
But then I found it wasn't working cause I couldn't be interested in what everybody else was talking about and I ended up feeling really unhappy with myself, then I found I just became really quiet in social situations

Okayy so you may not find your soul mate... But I believe if you act like yourself, you become more comfortable in your own skin and you'll no doubt find people who respect/care for you and can see from your point of view, even if they don't fully understand you.

Blixten
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2012, 3:27 am

Someone who accepts who, stands up for you and who are loyal to you.

If someone want's to be your friend they will want to hang out with you. Ask you to do stuff with them. Include you in plans, and so on.

Luther64
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2012, 11:47 am

A true friend is someone who: loves and accepts you for who you are, will always comfort you when times are hard, will stand up for you and will always try to spend time with you. For 11 years, I thought no such person existed. Then I met Max.The only person I have ever loved.

Signs that someone wants to be your friend: They often sit next to or close to you, they talk to you as often as they can and they smile and say hi when they pass you.

But things may be different when dealing with someone on the spectrum though. My friend Max has an ASD too, and although we were in the same classes for 2 years, he didn't speak to me, smile, say hello or even look at me. It turns out he had actually wanted to be my friend (and more) since the day :lol: we met but he was simply too shy to speak to me. One fateful day, I noticed he was being beaten up by the would-be school bully and I, being considerably stronger than him saw it as my duty to defend him. Over the next few days, I started to get to know him a little better and just like that my life had new meaning! Anyway, my point is, don't disregard people because they seem shy. You could be missing out on the ideal friendship! :)

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 2:38 pm

[quote="Luther64"]A true friend is someone who: loves and accepts you for who you are, will always comfort you when times are hard, will stand up for you and will always try to spend time with you. For 11 years, I thought no such person existed. Then I met Max.The only person I have ever loved.

Signs that someone wants to be your friend: They often sit next to or close to you, they talk to you as often as they can and they smile and say hi when they pass you.

But things may be different when dealing with someone on the spectrum though. My friend Max has an ASD too, and although we were in the same classes for 2 years, he didn't speak to me, smile, say hello or even look at me. It turns out he had actually wanted to be my friend (and more) since the day :lol: we met but he was simply too shy to speak to me. One fateful day, I noticed he was being beaten up by the would-be school bully and I, being considerably stronger than him saw it as my duty to defend him. Over the next few days, I started to get to know him a little better and just like that my life had new meaning! Anyway, my point is, don't disregard people because they seem shy. You could be missing out on the ideal friendship! :)[/quote]

You so cool man. Not sarcastic.

lease29
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2012, 4:31 am

minotaurheadcheese wrote:
MillieRose wrote:

Having never had a true friend in 31 years I feel the same about never finding someone to share a friendship with as there should be one person in this world that exists.

For me a true friend would be someone who respects you and accepts you for who you are and someone who wants to spend time with you. Someone who you can talk to about anything. A true friend would contact you and want to spend time and invite you places and not judge you.
Someone who would accept you unconditionally.