Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Shadowcat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2012, 2:53 pm

Why would a guy (Nerotypical) tell a girl (Aspie) to call him and not give her his phone number?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 6:58 pm

maybe he's in the phone book. maybe he forgot to give her the number.

Blixten
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Sep 2012, 9:03 am

Yes that could very well be it. But maybe he didn't really want her to call him and just said it, to be nice, or to not seem like he was rejecting her even though he wasn't interested. People do stuff like that sometimes, I've seen my friend do that exact thing. The girl asked if they should get together sometime and he was like sure call me, we'll be in touch. But in a dismissive way. He explained it to me like "I couldn't just say no, jeez".
It's really weird and there is no way of knowing for sure what they meant.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 9:10 am

Prob not that into you but didn't want to be rude.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 9:10 am

Sometimes people just say "Call me" as just something to say. It can mean "See you later' or "I hope to see you again" or even "I don't want to talk to you right now so I'll say this because I know you don't have my number and I hope you get the point". It can mean lots of things, depending on how it's said and the context of the situation.

Did he say it like "Call me" as he was leaving or did he actually say "You should call me sometimes" or something like that?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com