Page 44 of 75 [ 1198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 75  Next

pop_culture_ref
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Sep 2012, 8:27 pm

modelmaker wrote:
pop_culture_ref wrote:
Hello, I like films and insects.

So..., what sort of insects do you like & why ?? ,

I must admit, , I find some insects fascinating , such as an insect known as the devils coach horse for instance...

Whats your thoughts on slugs, snails etc ?

I particularly like eusocial insects such as ants and bees, mainly because of the complexity of their societies. I read a great book about ants recently called "Journey to the Ants: A Story of Scientific Exploration".

I'm not so interested in slugs and snails, I can remember my mum be mad at me for putting a snail in the freezer once. I wanted to see if it could be brought back to life after (it didn't make it)

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

Hi all,

I'm 24, female, and live in the American Mid-West (otherwise known as the middle of nowhere). I'm an inpendent, diagnosed Aspergian who is quickly turning into a crazy cat lady (got three and a half). I live by myself (other than the cats), own a car, and work two jobs as a florist and a library director.
I am an utter geek, interested in both Marvel and DC comics, D&Ds, Big Bang Theory, mythology from all over the world, and several Sci-Fi shows up to and including Doctor Who. :hail:
Joined WP less than a week ago, happy to have done so, as I'm the only Aspergian my age in the whole of this world's corner.

Feel free to chatter back at me!

Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2012, 9:43 pm

I'm 19, male, obsessed with the webcomic Homestuck but also reasonably interested in things such as heavy metal, eurobeat, history, science fiction and fantasy, pre-Christian religions, eugenics, gender roles, and animals. And video games, I won't lie, in the absence of socializing I fill that empty void in my soul with RTS's and copious amounts of alien gore. Fair tradeoff, really.

jwalk122
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

im 19 female and live in canada. i am a student and love dr who, science fiction, astronomy and physics also i love music. i have aspergers. my name is jess.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 5:34 am

Hello,

19 male and love videogames. i play pc shooters mmos you name it. i am here to see people like me. and learn others interests.

McCat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Sep 2012, 9:10 am

Hi, I'm 31 and live in The Netherlands.

I'm a volunteer in a thriftstore 2 mornings a week and I sit at home a lot.
I do want to get out more, but I feel nervous doing things on my own. And since I don't have friends I don't do much.

People don't seem to like my typical sense of humor. And I don't like people without it..

I like The Killers, Doctor Who and Supernatural. Love pretty things and decorating my room over and over again and I have a cat who's very important to me.

It would be nice to have someone to mail with sometimes. Doesn't matter where you're from.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 3:49 pm

McCat wrote:
Hi, I'm 31 and live in The Netherlands.

I'm a volunteer in a thriftstore 2 mornings a week and I sit at home a lot.
I do want to get out more, but I feel nervous doing things on my own. And since I don't have friends I don't do much.

People don't seem to like my typical sense of humor. And I don't like people without it..

I like The Killers, Doctor Who and Supernatural. Love pretty things and decorating my room over and over again and I have a cat who's very important to me.

It would be nice to have someone to mail with sometimes. Doesn't matter where you're from.

you don't seem so bad to meet. i don't know why sense of humor has to be accepted by other people. what type of humor do you have? i

feel bad that your nervous to do things on your own. long distance penpal here if you want someone to talk to when your bored.

jwalk122
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Sep 2012, 5:27 pm

Dent wrote:
I'm 19, male, obsessed with the webcomic Homestuck but also reasonably interested in things such as heavy metal, eurobeat, history, science fiction and fantasy, pre-Christian religions, eugenics, gender roles, and animals. And video games, I won't lie, in the absence of socializing I fill that empty void in my soul with RTS's and copious amounts of alien gore. Fair tradeoff, really.

what kind of science fiction do you enjoy?

jimited
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Sep 2012, 5:07 pm

Hi im male 31 from England. Im into sci-fi,astronomy, music and reading. thats all i can think of at the moment. if you want to know more go right ahead and ask :)

RageHQ
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Sep 2012, 5:54 pm

Hello there. My name is Mindy. I'm a short 27-year-old. I'd like to make friends. I'm not interested in anything past friendship.

My current active hobby is hitting the gym every weekday to get fit, but trust me... I am far from it xD. I'm training for martial arts, I'm not jokin'! But I have aloooot of energy. If I don't burn it, I get cranky. I have a lot of fun doing active, sporty and outdoorsy things or having little adventures. I like to workout, go for long hikes, but it's harder to do that stuff alone being a female. I also enjoy computer games (MMORPGs, too). I love gaming, but don't have any consoles other than PC unfortunately, but I am totally lookin' at the Wii! I've also enjoyed books like fantasy or supernatural, but I'm mostly a computer geek, and very artistic (painting, drawing, composes songs.) I play guitar and bass.

My social method has developed into a pattern; I've no real problem to answering questions. It's more of a "won't speak until spoken to" or "unless there is a purpose." I think most talking is boring and I'm pretty introverted, but always ready to respond to a friend. I always welcome deep conversations about physics and space and things that blow the mind. Philosophy and any sort of science is quite interesting. Also into horror and action films, especially martial arts! And anything spooky like ghosts, going out of body, crazy stuff like that.

I'm an activist for animals and a vegetarian, almost leaning vegan, except the occasional sushi. I really am into Animes. I guess I can be a little childish sometimes and hyper. Seems odd for a 27-year-old, but I'm not gonna let that stop me. I've got a big spirit and excess energy. And I'm ready to burn it if I could find more friends. I'd love to get into archery, and am going to soon, and bowling sounds great. Skill games? Bring it.

Edit: ...Also a perfectionist. I've edited this thread 8 times already.

PM me. Anyone want to be an e-pal?

HPFanfictionReader
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Sep 2012, 8:34 pm

Hello ,my name is nick and i am 22 years old.I live in central london currently studying a science subject.

My main "obsessions" are, The debates and public appearences of christopher hitchens,the game league of legends and the UFC.
I also read Harry potter fanfiction,seek out and enjoy listening to history lectures on the internet -particularly WW2 history and roman history.
Other pastimes i enjoy with groups of people include board games, card games, console games (noticing a pattern here? -.-) and pub quizs.

In person im not one for small talk and can be kind of awkard but i enjoy discussion about current affairs/politics and history.I dont mind making some E-buddys but ideally im looking to meet some people in the flesh to do something "cultural" like visit a museum or go on a bike ride with.

thanks for reading :)

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Sep 2012, 9:38 am

Unfortunately the internet has yielded little in the way of Autism social groups in my area, so here we are.

I am a twenty year-old male.
I live solitarily in the small(ish) coastal township of Long Jetty; from my past experiences with this place it has been a relatively safe place to live so far.
I enjoy video games, books, and films and music of most kinds.

I am looking to find someone from within the Central Coast region of New South Wales, Australia, for companionship and shared activities. I look forward to hearing from you... whoever you are.

BlackImage

18 Sep 2012, 12:19 am

Hello, I'm andrea and im 29. I live in Melbourne, Vic , Australia. I would like to make new friends.

I love sci-fi (stargate, star trek, star wars, farscape), cooking, drawing (i haven't done that much lately), Cosplay ^^, anime. I play video games like MMORPGs (WoW, star wars, GW2- i'm getting soon!!), platforms, fighting (tekken mostly ^^), rpgs, action/adventure and some fps (not halo! I was ever interested in that game). I like listening to most types of music.
I go out sometimes with a sci-fi/fantasy group.

My current obsession is star wars. My obsessions change from time to time.

I'm up to being friends with anyone in the world. You can pm me for my msn, fb, yahoo, skype (if you don't have these that's fine) or if you play WoW i can add you on battletag or realID.

Hope to here from you soon!! !

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2012, 4:51 pm

A man is 26 years old, living in Alaska. A gentleman, scholar, sinner, skilled lover, legionary, gladiator, Night's Watchman, Philosopher King, Man for all seasons, and the Village Idiot. You may have come across some of my posts on the Health, Fitness, and Sports section. I will talk about almost anything, from martial arts, to social awkwardness, to inappropriate nudity, to apparently offensive jokes, to burpees, to Haruki Murakami and Chuck Palahniuk and Gabriel Garcia Marquez, to tattoos, to cooking, to good and terrible films. On my free time I like to answer questions on Yahoo! Answers.

alannow
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2012, 12:38 am

26 M in Florida, howdy folks!

KallieD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2012, 7:41 am

22 year old Montrealer with two cats who loves anime and sewing over here, feel free to PM for whatever reason.