Melbourne, Australia: Monthly Meet-ups (18+)

Page 5 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 9:14 am

OK then, zoo it is! 11 am just inside the entrance. (So those of us without membership will need to get there a bit before 11 to buy tickets or else buy them online.)

Next question: how do we recognise each other? yellowtamarin should be recognisable from her avatar, especially if she wears the same hat. :) I could wear my blue xkcd T-shirt - that should be distinctive enough. Anyone else?

LachlanW
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Dec 2012, 7:23 pm

I am a ginger with a short amish-style beard but no hair above the chin. I'll be wearing a brown wide-brimmed hat. I'll be with a woman who's ~20cm shorter than me. I can PM you my mobile number if that would help.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 8:58 pm

Looking forward to meeting you all! I won't be wearing the hat, sorry to say, but I guess I look like my avatar pic. Considering it's a hot day, look out for a tattooed arm too.

Looks like I'll be the old fart of the group!

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2012, 12:41 am

I'll be the tiny brown-haired white girl dressed not dissimilar to my avatar (okay, maybe a little toned down, but expect garish colours).

Also, the weather forcast is now saying 37 degrees. Yikes! If that's at all accurate I may just have to skip out on this.

LachlanW

05 Dec 2012, 6:55 pm

Is it okay if I invite 3 more people to come along? They are all from an AS support group I attend in Blackburn (ASSN). One guy and two girls. I know it's a bit short notice but if we're only going to have 3-4 from these forums, having a few more would be good.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 1:55 am

I've been to some of those meetings this year, I will probably recognise you guys. In fact I have an idea of who you might be.

Butterflyrose
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2012, 7:07 pm

Sorry, I didn't receive any notifications that new postings had been made to this thread.

I won't be able to make it Saturday. Got a 1pm appointment with son and a 37 degree day with a baby it will be too hot for us outside.

If there is another event next year please PM me would love to get together with you all.

I hope you guys have fun!

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2012, 11:56 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna have to skip this one too, it's a bit too hot for me! I hope you all have a great time, though (and don't get heat stroke). Hopefully I'll see you all at the next meet up!

Last edited by ruckus on 07 Dec 2012, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tremere

07 Dec 2012, 3:05 am

Sorry, I'm going to have to pull out as well :cry: Heat + transport difficulties.
Hopefully I can meet you all soon. For those that do come, have fun!

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2012, 6:44 am

Tremere wrote:
Sorry, I'm going to have to pull out as well :cry: Heat + transport difficulties.
Hopefully I can meet you all soon. For those that do come, have fun!

Oh yeah, I hope you guys are aware that there will likely be train and tram delays in this weather.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 6:31 am

I got a bit burnt :( But it was great to meet you all, let's do it again :)

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 7:34 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
I got a bit burnt :( But it was great to meet you all, let's do it again :)

+1 to all that (including the burnt part) :)

LachlanW

08 Dec 2012, 10:22 pm

I had a great time :) The heat wasn't that bothersome for most of the time we were there. I look forward to next time.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 11:32 pm

I reckon a monthly gathering would be good. Whoever can make it to each one can show up, hopefully would be at least 3 people at each one. Can put together a list of ideas, which we kind of started yesterday, like ten pin bowling (eek!) and mini golf. It would be like the ASSN meetings, only fun instead of helpful :P

What does everyone think?

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 5:20 am

Yes, I think that's a great idea. Mini golf sounds good. Bowling is OK by me, but let's make sure it's not at Strike - they play the music there really loudly. Let's keep the aquarium on the list, too. :)

LachlanW

09 Dec 2012, 7:02 am

I'm up for minigolf and aquarium. Like FMX I don't like really loud music but I'm OK with bowling.

There's a good minigolf course in Wheelers Hill but that's likely too far for most people. I'm not aware of any that are more centrally located.