Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 9:00 am

That was inconsiderate of them. Did you ever end up telling them that it hurt your feelings?

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 9:05 am

I was very robotic intermingled with being very florid until I began unraveling my mental issues and obviously discovering I was autistic is helping slowly thaw the ice a little more, being robotic does not mean you lack warmth and emotion, it just means it's like being under a sheet of ice or under water if it's not too severe, you need more work being comprehended but it's worth it if people take the time to appreciate your depths and difficulties.

Ladybeetle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jul 2016, 8:30 am

I've had that too. People tell me I'm an encyclopaedia, too, because I know a lot about a lot of things, and I'm not good with jokes and sarcasm. I tend to talk in a very formal way, like a professional debate, and they come to the conclusion that I don't have feelings.

Surreal
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jul 2016, 1:23 pm

What the OP experienced was MILD compared to what I had happen to me not too long ago!

This woman went on a low-key tirade - never actually calling me out by NAME, but still going on about character defects she ascribed to someone who just needs to get honest...who needs to learn to SMILE...be a HUMAN!

I knew DAMN WELL she was referring to ME...in a TWELVE STEP meeting where we are supposed to share about ONESELF, not others!

I did, in return, let her know - low-key, that I will NOT stand by idly and just allow her to assassinate my character or otherwise try to demean me in front of others.

Haven't heard A PEEP out of her since!

I did not go looking for Asperger's...it found me by way of my Higher Power. Once we became acquainted, I found out that we had quite a bit in common and we became good friends. And then I landed on WrongPlanet!
</p>

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 9:21 pm

It seems to me that many NTs are far more robotic than we are. The way they just fall into line with social conventions makes me want to keep a distance from quite a few of them.