Genuinely think Aspies were not made for this world

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 11:52 am

If social skills even in online forums can be so impaired that you cause others offense as well as be misunderstood
Accusations of unintended offense
Blamed then being reviled for getting mad at being blamed (ie someone accuses you then they get mad that u react to the accusation with like anger that the accuser displayed),
What hope is there for the real world?

And yet we still have the capacity to want to understand and get along and to want friends
Instead of that trait being removed altogether, which would have been more merciful.
There are social hierarchies and rules and multiple meanings in everything.
We can only suss out a certain level and then are hated for messinv up on aspects we never even considered.

Maybe some of us were genuinely born to die and make room for better less deficient people.
I really believe this.

Maybe some of us are meant to be walking corpses and fulfil our potential when we die and are buried.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 12:16 pm

I don’t believe in this idea at all.

We are in this world. And we don’t need to “make room” for anybody.

We are not “defective,” either.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 12:23 pm

Maybe you’re fine for this world but not everyone is . I know I’m not. I knew since I was in grade 4 that I should die. Etc Kids at school told me every day, kids are more honest than adults, now my life has unfolded to confirm their assertions

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 12:30 pm

Sounds like you ran into a group of jerks. There is nothing wrong with you. I hope you feel better soon.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 12:43 pm

You don’t know me to say that. I may very well have more wrong with me than even I know. Everyone who knows me would agree I should die. Even if they don’t outwardly say it out of niceness.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 12:44 pm

I wish I could convince you to feel otherwise...

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 11:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish I could convince you to feel otherwise...

You are a really kind person

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 11:42 am

I think it's society we weren't made for and not the world itself. If society didn't suck harder than the vacuum of space then the world would be a bit better. Society is intolerant and hates anyone or anything that isn't considered "normal" whether people want to admit it or not, and it'll never change.

c0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Mar 2018, 12:14 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
If social skills even in online forums can be so impaired that you cause others offense as well as be misunderstood
Blamed then being reviled for getting mad at being blamed (ie someone accuses you then they get mad that u react to the accusation with like anger that the accuser displayed),

And yet we still have the capacity to want to understand and get along and to want friends
Instead of that trait being removed altogether, which would have been more merciful.
We can only suss out a certain level and then are hated for messinv up on aspects we never even considered.

Maybe some of us were genuinely born to die and make room for better less deficient people.
I really believe this.

Maybe some of us are meant to be walking corpses and fulfil our potential when we die and are buried.

I'm going to get a lot of flak for this but I believe some truth about aspies being over-stimulated by the current world. If aspies lived in small tribes like in the middle ages I dont think being aspie would be as over-stimulated. Less strangers, strangers could be dangerous, more family bonds. Also it would be easy to take advantage of your interests and benefit the "tribe" because their would be less useless crap to even ocd over. Aspies could take advantage of their narrow interests and become a great farmer, warrior, etc.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 12:08 pm

c0r wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:

I really believe this.

I'm going to get a lot of flak for this but I believe some truth about aspies being over-stimulated by the current world. If aspies lived in small tribes like in the middle ages I dont think being aspie would be as over-stimulated. Less strangers, strangers could be dangerous, more family bonds. Also it would be easy to take advantage of your interests and benefit the "tribe" because their would be less useless crap to even ocd over. Aspies could take advantage of their narrow interests and become a great farmer, warrior, etc.

I understand your point - a more enlightened and advanced version of that type of society perhaps.

But close families and small groups can be toxic and perhaps scapegoat or abuse the autistic in those settings too . At least with a broad society there are options to escape, and isolate (eg with internet businesses and forums instead of interacting with ppl face to face).

We get misunderstood because people don’t understand our full story, and reasons we do things, AnD we don’t think to explain the important aspects as we ourselves may be unable to describe what is happening to us and what we feel.
They think we have bad intent and don’t think to help us figure it out. They don’t realize how much
We struggle with everything.
All I see in my future is more suffering and misunderstandings and failure and abuse. I know I was born deficient with a mixture of deficiencies and talents which only increases the misperceptions and problems (causing annoyance and problems for others too) and the only thing I can aspire to is to end it.

It’s like a malfunctioning car with malfunctioning GPS, the windshield distorts things, and it emits fumes and manages fuel inefficiently n the driver has to constantly stop and request assistance from others. And gets tickets and is a nuisance not only to the driver but also everyone around the car. And yet they expect it to keep going like that. And when the driver tells ppl it needs to be taken in for repairs nobody believes him. And they force him to keep driving it on the track.

Anngables
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 7:01 pm

As an NT I can say that I think the world would be a much poorer place without aspies in it. I know it’s tough for you, and I speak as someone with a close Aspie friend. We often fall out and have misunderstandings . . .. but I keep trying to adapt to understand him more because I value our friendship v much, and I know he finds me really hard work a lot of the time and doesn’t give up on me.

10 great things people with Autism can add to society

1. They have sensory sensitivities. In days gone by, it may have been the person with autism who heard the predators coming first, when there was still time to take cover and save the lives of everyone in the village. They may have been asked to taste food first, because their palates are so well-developed they may have been able to detect bad food that otherwise would have caused a food poisoning outbreak. They were and still are able to see dangers ahead of time when there is still a way to keep safe. Society needs to find a way to use these skills of theirs again for the good of us all.

2. They are independently minded. They will stick to their principles and beliefs and won’t be coerced into doing things they don’t want to just to please other people. If only everyone could stand so firmly for what they really think and believe rather than always following the crowd.

3. They can be hyper-focused, careful and meticulous, when most people are slap-dashed and half-hearted. There is so much they have to contribute.

4. They are honest. They say it as it really is, no hype, no spin, no game-playing. If we always ran decisions past them, they could help us all see which are the decisions that might really work, and which ones carry a hidden agenda, or assumptions, opinion, self-promotion, attitudes or emotional baggage?

5. They don’t like noise and bustle and busyness. We could all benefit if we slowed down and made the world a quieter place.

6. They can concentrate on a single thing of interest for far longer than most. That can lead towards perfection and excellence.

7. They don’t judge people. We could all learn to be kinder to others from their example.

8. They are passionate about things, and their passion can make things happen.

9. They don’t give up easily, they keep going until something is finished.

10. They think differently. Put their thinking about things into the pot with everyone else’s thoughts, and we will all see things from even more angles, which will enrich us all.

When Temple Grandin said people with ASD are “Different, not less”, she knew exactly what she was talking about!

BeeFarm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2018, 7:16 pm

Quote:
They don’t judge people.

This is the one thing I seriously disagree with. We judge just as much as the average person And because of our inability to see other people's points of view as clearly as NTs it is harder to think of an explanation for their actions.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 8:58 am

BeeFarm wrote:
Quote:
They don’t judge people.

This is the one thing I seriously disagree with. We judge just as much as the average person And because of our inability to see other people's points of view as clearly as NTs it is harder to think of an explanation for their actions.

I think we judge, but it doesn't seem like it to NTs because we often judge by different standards. For example, I don't care at all how much money you have, what your title is, what color you are, whether you're famous or not.... But if you're arrogant, incompetent, sycophantic, racist, or incapable of rational thought, then I'll definitely judge you.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

07 Mar 2018, 9:43 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
BeeFarm wrote:
Quote:
They don’t judge people.

I think we judge, but it doesn't seem like it to NTs because we often judge by different standards. For example, I don't care at all how much money you have, what your title is, what color you are, whether you're famous or not.... But if you're arrogant, incompetent, sycophantic, racist, or incapable of rational thought, then I'll definitely judge you.
There's lots of judging in the L&D section

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 10:06 am

I wish people realized how our experiences trauma and brain wiring impacts us but they think we arw faking n wanting sympathu instead of being honest n genuine

OliveBunny
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Mar 2018, 10:53 pm

Anngables,
You put a lot of heart into that. I can tell. I think that was friendly and sweet. You're a lovely person for saying those things. Blooiejagwa, I hope you will feel better. I understand what you're saying. I have felt that way too at times. But, there's still so much to enjoy even if you're enjoying it alone. Although, you're not alone. Many ppl are here on this thread to comfort you. That should mean something to you. *smiles*