Melbourne, Australia: Monthly Meet-ups (18+)

Page 9 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2013, 2:21 am

I know of some generally more relaxed bars/lounges too if that's more your thing. I hate not being able to talk too, it sort of defeats the purpose!

archmage90
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2013, 3:04 am

ruckus wrote:
I know of some generally more relaxed bars/lounges too if that's more your thing. I hate not being able to talk too, it sort of defeats the purpose!

I think I'd like that personally. Also we don't necessarily need just one meeting we could have one at a bar and then have one at the Aquarium or some other place and people can go to the one they like or both.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 3:41 am

^^^ Yeah that was the idea with the monthly thing, we do something different each time. But if people are keen to catch up sooner than that we can organise more of them.

As for the GOR trip I was just joking really. I'd probably do it (as long as I wasn't driving a minibus) but it's probably a bit full-on for most, as you say FMX.

My vote is a day at the aquarium then walk across to Insignia or somewhere like that that is quiet, for some drinks. Dumplings in between too, are there any nearby? And people can come to whichever of the three parts they feel comfortable with.

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2013, 3:47 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
My vote is a day at the aquarium then walk across to Insignia or somewhere like that that is quiet, for some drinks. Dumplings in between too, are there any nearby? And people can come to whichever of the three parts they feel comfortable with.

There's a good dumpling place in Tattersalls Lane just off of Little Bourke, otherwise there's plenty more along Little Bourke itself. This sounds like a good plan! We'd probably want to choose a bar a little closer to China Town, though. Horse Bazaar is nearby and totally dead (and thus quiet) on nights when there's no event on, but I don't know how it fares on Saturdays.

archmage90
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2013, 4:08 am

I just saw the previous posts and it seems you already had a meeting recently so I guess if you do it by month it will be a while till the next one but if anyone wants to meet up with me in the cbd sometime then message me.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 4:26 am

We could always wing it when we get to the bar part. I can't picture how close China Town is to Flinders St / King St but I thought it was pretty far, so I wondered if there was a closer place for dumplings. I've only eaten them twice in my life so I have no idea :P

I don't mind how soon the next one is.

LachlanW
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2013, 4:39 am

The Aquarium and a quiet-ish bar/restaurant sound good to me. I don't mind mind about the date as long as it's not Jan 31 (I'm moving in to an apartment that day).

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

If it's before Australia day it's possible I'll be camping, but I don't really know what my plans are yet.

By the way, does anybody here have a Facebook? If so you're welcome to add me, just send me a private message and I'll give you the link!

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:33 pm

OK, so next Saturday after Australia Day is 2nd of February - how about we aim for that? I'm free on any Saturday other than 09/02.

Tattersalls Lane is about 1.5 km from the aquarium, so not "close", but walkable. I've been to that dumpling place once before - very tasty and very cheap.

As for the Great Ocean Road, yeah, it probably won't happen, but if people are up for it - may as well post here. I'd want to be driving my own car so I can enjoy the drive. Definitely not a mini-bus. :)

ruckus wrote:

Yes, it sure does! Most people manage to shout over the noise somehow. But if it's a quiet bar/lounge, I'm fine with that.

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2013, 4:31 am

Pikachu1234 wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/546852655325679/

i'm inteested into meeting up

I just sent a request to that group, Im Jesse. :-)

anyways looking forward to meeting up if I can, when can I? what when and where?

you might contact me better on [email protected]

:-)

omnimirage
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2013, 1:45 am

I'm from Adelaide and am going to Melbourne for a few days around the 21st of this month; I'd really like to meet you guys! Anyway we can make a event?

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 4:57 am

I'm in for the Aquarium / Dumplings / Bar on the 2nd Feb. Whatever time is decided is fine by me.

omnimirage, that might be a bit short notice to get a group together. You mean this Monday, right? I'm busy that day, how long are you around for?

LachlanW

19 Jan 2013, 6:48 pm

I'm also in for Aquarium / Dumplings / Bar on the 2nd Feb.

The time we should meet depends on what we want to do after the aquarium. It closes at 6 and they recommend 2 to 2 1/2 hours to see everything. If we want to go to dinner (Dumplings) right after we should start at 3pm. If we want to do something else in between (like hang out at a bar) perhaps we can start earlier (like 1 or 2pm).

omnimirage
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2013, 7:37 am

Just a few days, I would really like to interact with some similar people though, so might head down to Melbourne for this event on the 2nd; how many are expecting to attend?

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2013, 7:52 am

3pm sounds good to me. It sounds like there's going to be at least four people attending but it's a bit early to tell!

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 8:34 pm

Yes, 3pm 02/02 is good - I'm in.