Page 10 of 75 [ 1198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 75  Next

Ryft
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2007, 1:18 pm

My name is Josh (but feel free to call me Ryft or Ryftie if you like) and I am 21 (will be 22 August 31) and I live in Illinois. I currently go to college full-time and work part-time at the same college. After this semester, I should graduate with honors and will have both my associates in general studies and arts. I was born here and moved around a bit; lived in Florida for like 8 months... I think it's overrated by the way lol.

I have two half brothers and we all have different dads. I was practically raised by my older brother since the dad who raised me was a jerk. I love technology and gaming and non-fiction fantasy stories. I am especially good at troubleshooting computer issues becuase I have really good patience with it and can find just about anything on the internet. I try my best to be social but it can be hard sometimes. I feel like I want to talk to people but I still feel awkward when I do. I am perfectly fine online though and some of my best friends are online friends. I am still searching for that "perfect girl" I suppose... but being socially awkward kind of makes that a problem. I like to consider myself to be a hopeless romantic.

I tend to have a knack for helping people out with emotional problems... but its easier for me to do it online naturally. People tell me I always know exactly what to say to help their problems make sense to them. I will chat with pretty much anyone unless they are a complete and total jerk lol.

Anyone feel free to add me to messenger and give me a PM. =) I am always up for a good chat.

Aerin
Raven
Raven

11 Sep 2007, 3:49 am

I'm Aerin and I'm 22 years old. I live in Port Orchard, Washington, across the Puget Sound from Seattle. I was diagnosed at 19, after a catastrophic year at college in Utah, where they don't seem to know what AS is. When they do, maybe I'll join my cousins back at BYU, but I don't think it'll happen in my lifetime. I have a younger sister who just got married and now lives in Utah, surprise. She wants me to come live out there, but since she just went through an Aerin-hating phase, I think I'll stay here. I live with my parents because they don't trust me to survive on my own. I also have two little bunnies that keep me sane. I love to create things, especially costumes and stuff for the bunnies. I kind of made their cage like a hamster's, with ramps and lofts and all kinds of fun. I also like to read anything people suggest and I can get a hold of, but I rarely buy books. I was studying mechanical engineering, but finally decided that it was not going to happen in this decade, so I'm moving on to veterinary assisting. Physics to puppies, quite the change. In the past couple of years I have become very into D&D and tabletop gaming. Currently I just watch Warhammer tournaments and the like because I'm not ready to commit to the money pit that is Games Workshop models. I guess that's it. Good luck everybody on making new friends here!

Sparkle1984
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2007, 4:06 pm

Hi, is there anyone here from the Norfolk/Suffolk area? I'm looking for some new friends. I find it difficult to make friends as I'm very shy.

I'm 23, from Norwich and my main hobbies are going to the cinema, 10 pin bowling, going for walks in the countryside, going to the beach, my computer, digital photography and cookery.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2007, 10:19 am

Well, I'm Astrid, female, aged 21. I am autistic (general labe, autistic spectrum disorder) and blind. I live on my own with support from a disability agency and go to university majoring in linguistics. I'm looking to cha ton MSN or possibly E-mail with other auties/aspies, preferably female. My MSN (it's incorrect in my profile due to lack of space) is [email protected].

krankes_hirn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2007, 9:53 pm

Hello, My name is Rubén I'm 19 years old and live in Mexico City.

I study Physics at UNAM (National Autonomous University of Mexico) I enjoy reading, writing, playing videogames, aviation, and music, and obviously Physics. I'd like to know someone to talk to about interesting stuff. I'd like also to know a native English speaker in order to practise my language skills, or a native german speaker (eventhough my german is very poor). If you like, i can teach spanish. My msn address is

[email protected]

sodarktheshadows
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2007, 12:50 am

hi, i'm karen, i'm 30(and a bit) and i'm new...i just posted all my pertinent info somewhere...basically i like music, art, writing, reading, and a lot of other random stuff...i don't have many people i call 'real' friends, though i appear to have a lot if i look at my facebook account...lol. i'd be interested in talking to anyone who thinks they might have something to talk about...

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 9:04 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
Hi, I'm Jerry M. Holy. I'm 19 years old and I live in City of Woodbridge in the commonwealth of VA in the U.S. I'm currently home for my summer break from my university, George Mason :D :D :D :D :D.

I forgot to mention that I looking for some Asperger's friends that nearby me (Northern VA) if possible. I don't mind if you are from a different place either. Just PM me if like to chat with me.

DuceXcreW
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2007, 3:17 pm

Hi, my name is Tom. Im 20 and living in Suffolk county on Long Island in New York.

I like trying structured new things, at home hobbies, cooking, computers, movies (at home, sometimes at theaters).

I'd like to get to know any aspies from around me and maybe meet up, do some cooking. I make a mean honey glazed salmon :)

please pm me if you live nearby

mansbane
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2007, 3:51 pm

Hello.

I'm jo. I'm really old--40. Just found this site, and thought I'd pop in to say hi.
I have a very hard time meeting people, I know a lot of folks do...
My work takes a lot out of me, so by the end of the day, I'm sick of people...and my pre-programmed smile...lol!
--not sick of all people...just the ones that require work out of me...

Would love to exchange fun chat with some folks who don't really mind me being a little different and sometimes annoying.

I'm taking care of my son who's 23--he's officially labeled with AS.

The more I review all of the stuff regarding AS, the more I think I'm the same...

No matter, though...people are all on their own maps, right?

Hey...does anyone else out there practice facial expressions in the mirror??

Letum
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2007, 10:38 pm

Hullo, I am 21 (just) and male and looking for someone to talk to.

Im not dull and I get on with almost everyone.

I usually find it easier to talk to women and I am as happy talking with some one who is 80 as some one who is 18.

I haven't had a close friend in several years.

Feel free to drop me a pm for any reason.
:D

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 6:08 pm

'ello, my name is Jay. I'm not what i seem. I might be cute, but i am also very reserved and picky. I usually ruin everything i encounter because I "don't know how to live". I was never able to live in the moment like other people. I went to a doctor a couple of years ago and he told me i had PDD-NOS. I didn't know what that meant, nor did i care; I just ignored him. I was 23 then; now i am 28 and i still don't know what to do. I have a lot of very interesting habits/interests: Philosphy, Religion, Occultism, Psychology, Politics, Art, Music, Technology, Feelings, Acting, Exercising, Sexology. I used to be a big Aesteticist. Some might say i am a Narcissist, *sshole, Moron. I don't open up well to others except if you are an honest person. I find most people to be dishonest and deluded; especially with themselves. I really am a lonely person. If you want to chat, you are more than welcome. Sometimes i will take interest. :twisted:

Myrkabah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2007, 11:02 pm

My name is Jacob, and I live in Asheville, NC. I'm mainly just curious if there are other people in my area.

Aside from the obvious ones, I mean. :)

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 10:21 pm

I am a 27 year old woman with a husband and 2 year old son living in Durham, NC. We move around quite a bit though, so I don't know how long we'll be here. My son is probable Sensory Integration Disorder or AS, we'll probably know for sure by about Jan/Feb when all the evaluations can be done. I suspect he gets most of it from me, since as he gets older he develops a lot of my mannerisms and speech patterns that makes people think of an autism spectrum disorder. However, I've found it very hard to get a diagnosis as an adult...

I haven't had any true friends since about 5th grade. I have a hard time meeting new people, and even though I finally get a job now I don't talk to anyone outside of work. I can talk to my husband at least, I feel eternally grateful for that, but it'd be nice to develop a friendship with someone I may have things in common with.

Joshandspot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2007, 11:47 pm

anyone in or around rockland county, westchester county ny?

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 7:26 pm

Hi, i'm a 23 year old male from England. I like my music, Iron Maiden etc! Playing golf, tennis etc. I wanna learn to play the piano next year. I wanna get a job I can handle. My music keeps me going and so does watching comedies like the simpsons. This is kinda pointless, cause i'm sure I always go on and on about stuff I like, on the forums anyway! :roll:

If you, for some reason wanna know more, just ask. :P

Dancing4christ2002
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Dec 2007, 8:55 am

Hi Im Danielle! I'm 23 years old. Going into youth ministry. I have 2 STEP & Dance teams! Im an NT i might add, looking for AS friends. I have an AS friend, just trying to understand him more. I possibly could help you guys talk to NT's more better. Hmm, I'm a very outgoing person. Love to make people laugh, and smart! Anyone to chat more, just send me a message or whatever. CYA!! !! !! !!