Anyone feel like they don't fit in with people their own age

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 10:54 am

Yes, it is definitely an autistic thing.

Eccentric child:He/she is special
Eccentric woman:She is either a b*tch or ...quirky
Eccentric man:He is a loser and a creep

That is why I got along very well with adults till the age of about 12 or 13.

Then I was considered a sh*tty adult and got along with little kids.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 11:03 am

I don't seem to fit in anywhere. I don't fit in with people around 18-20, I don't fit in from 20-25 and I don't fit in anywhere else either.

I'm a lost sheep :lol:

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2012, 11:41 am

MightyMorphin wrote:
I don't seem to fit in anywhere. I don't fit in with people around 18-20, I don't fit in from 20-25 and I don't fit in anywhere else either.

I'm a lost sheep :lol:

It really depends on the colour of sheep too, Expecially grey ones :)

DragonB
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2012, 11:51 pm

At school I some times I feel like that because sometimes people let me play tag and then the next day they sometimes say i can't play. :?

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2012, 12:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
as a child i got on best with adults. as an adult i get on best with oldsters.

That's going to happen to me too. What happens when I become old?

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2012, 12:08 pm

IndieSoul wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
almost nobody my age listens to the music i like.

I've met one person my age that's familiar with the band Rush (one of my special interests, actually). It's sad.

At least you don't listen to Bieber lol

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2012, 12:09 pm

solo wrote:
SilkySifaka wrote:
I'm not sure I fit in with anyone either.

I definitely do not fit in with my own age group (mid twenties), but I've never felt that I have at any age. I get along far better with children and older people. I often feel as if I was born in the wrong time or place, that I would have been much better in a more formal time (such as the 1930s when my Grandmother was my age) or in a more formal society, like Japan or Germany (although not, obviously, Germany in the 1930s!). Of course it is quite possible that I would feel equally out of place in any time or place and that I am on completely the wrong planet.

Will you please stop reading my mind :D I couldn't have said it any better. What you said is exactly the same way I feel. Glad to see I am not the only one. Younger or older are the people I get along with, and especially the fact about living a long time ago. For me it would be 1850's- 1950's America.

I am not big on all the technology like people my age. I don't need cell phones (only got one since I co-run a business), couldn't care less about Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or any of that. I just don't care. I don't need to read about people updating to everyone about what they do every second of the day. Nobody can have a thought provoking conversation, or really think. A lot of rudeness I notice. Technology has made a lot of my generation stupid for sure. That is why I love coming to this site. A whole lot of extremely intelligent interesting people that I can share views and learn from.

btw RUSH is flat out amazing. Have listened to them my entire life

Also people went on more formal dates

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2012, 12:10 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Yes, it is definitely an autistic thing.

Eccentric child:He/she is special
Eccentric woman:She is either a b*tch or ...quirky
Eccentric man:He is a loser and a creep

That is why I got along very well with adults till the age of about 12 or 13.

Then I was considered a sh*tty adult and got along with little kids.

Pretty much. Adults liked me more as a child since I am smart but now they say I'm weird. I wish I was a woman since I could get more leeway in life :/

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2012, 12:22 pm

I just don't get people my own age I guess. College is supposed to be this place where intelligent, reflective young openminded people study for their future. People still wear expensive mall fashions and form cliques. They always talk about how they are tolerant, then make assumptions like saying I'm a serial killer type, or a quiet weirdo, then praise the bad boys!! They care more about their music or fashions than their ideas. Where's the logic in that. I thought international students would be different, but they treat me and act the same.

Oh, and the classes are useless, which is a hell of a statement since I'm an engineering major. I will have to relearn everything at my first job. I memorize facts and formulas, only to find out the teachers lecture out of the book, then put stuff we never learned on tests since the "grades can't be too high", which makes me wonder what my classes are really for.

My high school was the same, which explains why I haven't had a close friend since age 10, and none before that.

Toadette
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2012, 2:53 pm

I get along better with people at least 10 years older and I usually can't stand being around younger people (especially 17-19 unless they're mature and mellow).

When I was at university I hung out with the old man who used to help out during tutorials. He could be found outside the library.

IndieSoul
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jul 2012, 2:56 pm

atdevel wrote:
At least you don't listen to Bieber lol

Don't even get me started... :wink:

Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

-RUSH

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 5:46 pm

as a kid I definitely preferred the compnay on adults. Now that I am an adult, I think people my age act too old. I tend to get along with people about 10 years younger than me if anyone. I never quite outgrew my 20's. So, I guess, no I don't fit in with people my age.

JessicaAnne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2012, 11:34 pm

Yup. All my friends are older -- sometimes much older.

I feel inadequate and slightly intimidated around people my age because I'm not as successful as they are.

Foxface
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2012, 3:11 am

Yep. Not like people my age. I rather go out, explore, go driving, anything adventurous.

Teens and early to mid adults rather party all the time, get drunk, do drugs etc. I'm not into that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 8:52 am

atdevel wrote:
That's going to happen to me too. What happens when I become old?

i wish i could tell you, but i suspect that i will just be solitary like i am now.

HomoEconomicus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2012, 2:07 pm

I feel like I don't fit in with people my age at all, especially males. I usually hang out with women because they're a bit more mature, but certainly not all of them. I don't really know where to meet older people though. Most of them probably wouldn't be able to regard me as a friend either. I'm curious though as to whether I'd fit in better with people 5-10 years older than me.