Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2005, 12:17 am

Strangly, I like it when the movie theater is full of people. It's fun when everyone else is laughing and screaming along with you. But if it's just a few people, I like to be behind a seat with no one in it.....so I can rest my long legs on the back.

As for the volumn, do they think people are deaf? I've heard jet engines less noisy than some of these sound systems. Thank goodness movies weren't this loud when I was little. I would've had a fit from all the noise.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2005, 2:19 am

Usually I don't really care if a lot of people are in. Except when I have to rush to the restroom or the snack bar and walk through the rows. All in all, I prefer less crowded auditoriums.

Other pet peeves are,

1. Cell phones, turn them off or don't bring them. Leave the stress back at home or work, or else don't bother seeing the show. And the tones and camer flashes? FOR GOD SAKES, NO!

2. Air conditioning: Ever have that hot summer days when you go to the theater to cool off, all of a sudden you need a sweater or a blanket because it gets too cold?

3. Being in the same auditoriums or even on the same sides of the complex. Even I want to at least see the show in the big one.

That's my thoughts for now.

EaglesRNo1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2005, 8:18 am

I don't go to the movies very much now, and I never end up in a crowdedtheater anyway. As far as the loudness goes, the only loud noise that bothers me is fire alarms.

alexj
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2005, 9:51 am

Last time I went to a movie theater it was 2O years ago. There is one near my home, but it would be scary to go there, having to queue, buy a ticket... No need to say how much I appreciate my dvd player :P

alexandra

EaglesRNo1

05 Sep 2005, 4:56 pm

alexj wrote:
Last time I went to a movie theater it was 2O years ago. There is one near my home, but it would be scary to go there, having to queue, buy a ticket... No need to say how much I appreciate my dvd player :P

alexandra

:o 8O :!: 20 years?! If it's getting in line to buy a ticket that bothers you, you can always buy tickets online and then pick them up at a machine at the theater aside from the main line.

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2005, 7:05 pm

as long as theres an empty seat on each side of me I'm usually ok

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2005, 10:54 pm

I saw a CNN Headline News report today, about moviegoers and their frustrations in the theater.

Just like I said, most of those that spoke complained about cell phones and noise.

But one issue they said about the decline of moviegoers was the movies being released on DVD about 4 months after the release, and many people owning home-theater entertainment systems with Surround Sound, big flat-panel screens with High Defenition and the works. So the owners of those systems would ask "why go to a movie when I have a theater system of my own"?