Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

raspberryswirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Dec 2008, 11:43 pm

Kentucky is molesting my state! I always tell people that. But Tennessee gets its revenge by rubbing on not one but THREE other states, including Mississippi (sorry Griff).

That goes on and on; as it's been, so it shall be

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 12:32 am

raspberryswirl wrote:
Kentucky is molesting my state! I always tell people that. But Tennessee gets its revenge by rubbing on not one but THREE other states, including Mississippi (sorry Griff).

Kentucky is a weird state anyway! I have fond memories of the old bluegrass state the time my eardrum froze & ruptured when I got caught out hiking in a freak snowstorm and the time we drove 3 hours looking for a restaurant, any restaurant, to eat at and finally we found a gas station that had peanut butter and crackers. I guess business is just bad there.

raspberryswirl

17 Dec 2008, 12:39 am

Ticker wrote:
raspberryswirl wrote:

Kentucky is a weird state anyway! I have fond memories of the old bluegrass state the time my eardrum froze & ruptured when I got caught out hiking in a freak snowstorm and the time we drove 3 hours looking for a restaurant, any restaurant, to eat at and finally we found a gas station that had peanut butter and crackers. I guess business is just bad there.

...I'm sorry, I stopped reading after froze and ruptured. Seriously?! That's awful.

That goes on and on; as it's been, so it shall be

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 2:26 am

Ticker wrote:

Around here there's nothing BUT restaurants! :lol: It gets boring.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 11:37 pm

raspberryswirl wrote:
Ticker wrote:
raspberryswirl wrote:

...I'm sorry, I stopped reading after froze and ruptured. Seriously?! That's awful.

Yeah it kinda hurt. ...and people wonder how I ended up with hearing aids at 35!

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 3:14 pm

I live in the south... of Scotland. At least it looks like Edinburgh is more geographically in the southern half of the country. In a Scottish context however, it is not the south at all, it is central Scotland. That's because most of the population is around the city of Edinburgh, along with the other major city Glasgow which is pretty much on the same latitude. So, this is central Scotland because it is central to most of the population.

In America, and the interactions I had with people online, I seemed to run into a lot of people in Texas. And a lot of people in the Carolinas. But not many people in the rest of the South, and the areas in between (states like Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas) probably because of the economy there.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 3:20 pm

Keeno wrote:
I live in the south... of Scotland. At least it looks like Edinburgh is more geographically in the southern half of the country. In a Scottish context however, it is not the south at all, it is central Scotland. That's because most of the population is around the city of Edinburgh, along with the other major city Glasgow which is pretty much on the same latitude. So, this is central Scotland because it is central to most of the population.

In America, and the interactions I had with people online, I seemed to run into a lot of people in Texas. And a lot of people in the Carolinas. But not many people in the rest of the South, and the areas in between (states like Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas) probably because of the economy there.

Mississippi, Alabama, and Arkansas have always had fewer people than the rest of the south.

And despite the state having two major metro areas, I haven't seen that many people on here from Oklahoma.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 3:05 am

Alaskan moving to Atlanta via Arizona. *wince* Something must be wrong with me, for an exotherm I'm heading the wrong direction.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 12:11 pm

I live in Texas as well. To be honest, I don't like living in the South. The thing is, I'm Democrat with liberal tendencies, and the South is very hardcore right-wing, so of course I wouldn't feel at home here. I'd really like to live in New England.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 2:34 pm

Descartes wrote:
I live in Texas as well. To be honest, I don't like living in the South. The thing is, I'm Democrat with liberal tendencies, and the South is very hardcore right-wing, so of course I wouldn't feel at home here. I'd really like to live in New England.

I've known a number of New England people and they all are very prejudice. I left the South over the backwards uneducated prejudice people. If you are liberal move West.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 5:59 pm

raspberryswirl wrote:
Do any of you guys live in the south? I'm in Tennessee and I'm vaguely curious. It might be fun to make friends with people that get this whole Asperger's thing.

I go to UT-Chattanooga
And either there are no aspies (doubt that) or they keep to themselves.

Mid-tn area is where my parents are so yeah.

Oh, and to top it off, HOW BOUT EM TITANS! LOL

bricklaya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2008, 6:15 pm

I'm in Wisconsin now, but within six months will be living in the Greenville area in South Carolina.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 8:35 pm

Florida.

Don't get more south than this :P

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 1:10 am

Descartes wrote:

Austin and Houston are liberal.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Dollypony
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 3:48 am

I live in North Carolina-the Charlotte area.^^

jkennedy293

23 Dec 2008, 9:46 am

I live in NC, near Raleigh.