Page 11 of 25 [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 1:30 am

melbi wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
melbi wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
Post a pic?

hi aussiebloke, I've posted in another thread, but I'll copy paste here=)

here's Kumo at the pet shop, holding by the shop owner.
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/melbibear/Kumo/IMG_0256.jpg

He kept running around in the house non-stop, so hard to take a photo. this is the clearest one.
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/melbibear/Kumo/IMG_0265.jpg

Finally he got tired and fell asleep. Can't believe he likes the teddy instead of the very expensive puppy bed I bought lol
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/melbibear/Kumo/IMG_0270.jpg

Squeeeeeeeeeee!! ! :D :D He's adorable!!

hi blue_bean, I love your avatar!! !! !! !! !! !! !

This is not really related, but I sometimes push people away and say "just leave me alone"...but I actually were hoping that they would stay with me....lol...

Anyway, come up to GC and you can have fun with Kumo :D I'm sure he'll love you coz he's a male and he loves female :P

I'm actually thinking about going to north NSW during the holidays, but hasn't plan anything yet. Will look more into it after exams =)

I love my avatar too. I'm bad news really, hence the warning for people :P

Don't come to Port Macquarie, it's a hole.

Coffs Harbour might be a good place to go. Plenty to do; Big Banana, Coffs Harbour Zoo, The Butterfly House, some nice resorts to stay at too. Some celebrity sights as well; The resort where the Bulldogs rape scandal took place, the Plantation Hotel where Russell Crowe got into a biff, "The Pub With No Beer" at Taylors Arm which Slim Dusty sang about. Lots of stuff.

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 8:32 pm

To blue_bean,

Coffs Harbour sounds great!! !

Another awesome avatar of yours :P

tonka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2010, 1:30 am

blue_bean wrote:

Don't come to Port Macquarie, it's a hole.

Coffs Harbour might be a good place to go. Plenty to do; Big Banana, Coffs Harbour Zoo, The Butterfly House, some nice resorts to stay at too. Some celebrity sights as well; The resort where the Bulldogs rape scandal took place, the Plantation Hotel where Russell Crowe got into a biff, "The Pub With No Beer" at Taylors Arm which Slim Dusty sang about. Lots of stuff.

There's a tonne of little coastal towns either side of Port Mac and Coffs that are, in my view, much nicer than the cities. I'd have to say northern nsw/central coast nsw is one of my favourite stretches of coastline in the world. Oh yeh... *daydreams of empty beaches with great waves*

?We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient characteristic of life is its coerciveness; it is always urgent, 'here and now,' without any possible postponement. Life is fired at us point-blank.?
Jose Ortega y Gasset

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 8:11 am

Just got this email from Asperger Service Asutralia =)

Presenting in Toowoomba, Brisbane and Mackay
Asperger Services Australia
is proud to present

Ms Liane Holliday Willey, Ed. D
Author and person with Asperger's Syndrome

Liane Holliday Willey, Ed.D., is an inspirational speaker who helps her audience truly understand the importance of accepting people with differences. All her life, Liane knew she was different, but only after one of her family members was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome did Liane realise the reason behind her own differences; she too was diangosed with Asperger's Syndrome.
Liane rose to the challenge of life as it comes to you - as she puts it - through the broken glass of autism to a place she is happy, healthy and well balanced.

Dr Willey has authored several internationally best selling books including Pretending to be Normal: Living with Asperger's Syndrome
Asperger Syndrome in Adolescence: Living with the Ups, the Downs and Things in Between and Asperger Syndrome in the Family: Redifining Normal.

Seminars will be held in Toowoomba, Brisbane and Mackay

Please download your brochures for your regions

Toowoomba
Monday 2 August 2010

gallery.mailchimp.com/ef8741197c3b1cd50982bed62/files/Liane_Holliday_Willey_Toowoomba_020810.1.pdf

Brisbane
Friday 6 August 2010

gallery.mailchimp.com/ef8741197c3b1cd50982bed62/files/Liane_Holliday_Willey_Brisbane_060810.1.pdf

Mackay
Monday 9 August 2010

gallery.mailchimp.com/ef8741197c3b1cd50982bed62/files/Liane_Holliday_Willey_MACKAY_090810.1.pdf

For more information please contact Stefanie on 07 3865 2911
email: [email protected]

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 8:22 am

Quote:
Ms Liane Holliday Willey, Ed. D
Author and person with Asperger's Syndrome

That's the chick who coined the term "Aspie"! !

Bella1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2010, 3:04 am

melbi wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
Post a pic?

hi aussiebloke, I've posted in another thread, but I'll copy paste here=)

here's Kumo at the pet shop, holding by the shop owner.
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/melbibear/Kumo/IMG_0256.jpg

He kept running around in the house non-stop, so hard to take a photo. this is the clearest one.
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/melbibear/Kumo/IMG_0265.jpg

Finally he got tired and fell asleep. Can't believe he likes the teddy instead of the very expensive puppy bed I bought lol
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/melbibear/Kumo/IMG_0270.jpg

He's so cute Melbi. :D

Bella1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2010, 3:06 am

aussiebloke wrote:
His very cute you just want to pick him up and give him a kiss. I should post a pic of my birds (2 cockatiels) 1 which is a rescue , something I recommend every one should do :) and a budgerigar, at least, I know they like me . :)

Have you posted the picture?

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 5:28 am

Hi guys, Melbi reminded me the other day that the next Tugun meetup is on Sunday.
In a wonderful coincidence the Green Day Out festival is being held the same day :
http://greendayout.gecko.org.au/
There will be lots of hippies and tree huggers and vegetarians and eco- warriors there... my kind of people! :cheers: :D

I am going to drag my high functioning Aspy friend James along,
just because he needs to get out of the house more often,
and then head over to the Tugun Meetup at Three o'clock.
It's only about ten minutes away.

The very first Yoga school that I ever joined is giving free lessons on the day...

Also, I am going to bring down a couple of hundred Sandpaper Figs to give away on the day.
I can't remember who I have ranted to about this obsession of mine,
but anyone that shows up is guaranteed to get a lovely small native tree that starts to produce little marble sized fruits up and down it's trunk and out onto it's older branches, that are just like popping a packet of jam into your mouth!

...mmm... jam... :D

All joking aside, on a personal note, I want to thank Bella1, Michsta, Aussiebloke and tonka for their pm's,
I took them to heart,
the processing time is unbelievable,
I'll get back to you.
:roll:

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 8:09 pm

So it's Lifeline bookfest today! Who's going? :D I know Quatermass is going for sure :P Melbi can't go, got exams 8am tomorrow :?

Melbi is very interested in the Green Day Out festival, and the sandpaper fig :D :D :D I'll definately show up!! !

Hmmm...who should I drag along with me.... :roll: :roll: :roll: any volunteers? :D

I looked through the website but got quite confused. It only say the date, but not the time of the festival... what time does it starts? or should I just pop in after lunch :P

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 10:25 pm

Bella 1 asks:

Have you posted the picture?

I will (soon) :) so you like birds, please say yes.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 11:00 pm

syzygish says:

There will be lots of hippies and tree huggers and vegetarians and eco- warriors there... my kind of people!

Damn I missed out on Buddhas birthday (May) :cry: the one time of the year where I can pig out on vegan junk foods it's at South Bank each year have you been? I think you'd enjoy it.

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 11:26 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Damn I missed out on Buddhas birthday (May) :cry: the one time of the year where I can pig out on vegan junk foods it's at South Bank each year have you been? I think you'd enjoy it.

I used to go to Buddha festival every year when I lived in Briz. I know lots of asian buddists vegan ppl :P

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 11:54 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
I will (soon) :) so you like birds, please say yes.

A friend of mine...more like a teacher of mine...she's a 50ish English lady and retired now...anyway, she totally loves birds!! !

Everytime we met she would talk to me about saving the birds and the koalas for up to 3-5 hours... I haven't seen her for quite a while now. I guess partially becoz I got scared by her repetitive lectures, but she is a real nice lady.

And, 2 minutes ago, I just called her and ask her to come to the "green day out". And guess what? She said YES!! ! She doesn't know about my AS yet, but I'm prepared to tell her about it on the day. I also told her that a friend of mine will be giving out fig :P Anyway, I would like to introduce her to all of you who is there that day, if you guys don't mind.

I used to do beach care (planting trees on coast side) with her last year, and she would cook me delicious food afterwards. I kinda miss her now :oops: knew her since high school, she was my english teacher.

PS. I'm also in the middle of persuading an Aspie to go :D

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 11:58 pm

melbi wrote:
So it's Lifeline bookfest today! Who's going? :D I know Quatermass is going for sure :P Melbi can't go, got exams 8am tomorrow :?

Not today, tomorrow. I said tomorrow. Ugh. I can only hope that nobody has gone up on the train or driven up today because of your post. *facepalm*

Lifeline Bookfest goes from the 12th of June to the 15th. That's from Saturday (tomorrow) to Tuesday. In case you don't know, they sell books at very low prices. It is very easy to spend a fortune at the Bookfest, because you see one book, get it, see another, get it...

http://www.lifelinebookfest.com/

Anyway, I'll probably spend too much at the Bookfest, as usual. And have to deal with being in close proximity to too many people. But I should have a lot of good books to make up for that. :)

On sabbatical...

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 12:11 am

Quatermass wrote:
Not today, tomorrow. I said tomorrow. Ugh. I can only hope that nobody has gone up on the train or driven up today because of your post. *facepalm*

Lifeline Bookfest goes from the 12th of June to the 15th. That's from Saturday (tomorrow) to Tuesday. In case you don't know, they sell books at very low prices. It is very easy to spend a fortune at the Bookfest, because you see one book, get it, see another, get it...

http://www.lifelinebookfest.com/

Anyway, I'll probably spend too much at the Bookfest, as usual. And have to deal with being in close proximity to too many people. But I should have a lot of good books to make up for that. :)

ya...I thought it started tomorrow as well, but then I read your pm wrong (see how much I trust you)...my bad eyes...need new glasses :P

I finish exam at 10am tomorrow, thinking about going...just in thinking stage. I'm obsessed with european history at the moment (as I told you in pm), should find some books about it there. Are you gonna take the train up? Anyone else going?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 1:10 am

melbi wrote:

ya...I thought it started tomorrow as well, but then I read your pm wrong (see how much I trust you)...my bad eyes...need new glasses :P

I finish exam at 10am tomorrow, thinking about going...just in thinking stage. I'm obsessed with european history at the moment (as I told you in pm), should find some books about it there. Are you gonna take the train up? Anyone else going?

I checked my PM anyway to see if I had written it wrong.

I'm taking the train up, and, knowing what happened at the Bookfest last time, earlier this year, I'll probably be done by 10-10:30. Struggling to hold onto the big load of books that I had brought with me. My arms and back will be sore.

Seriously, though, I am hoping to get some really good stuff. Fingers crossed, I'm hoping to get a copy of the Doctor Who novels Sky Pirates!, The English Way of Death, Unnatural History, War of the Daleks, The Dark Path (ooh, how I'd love to get THAT one...), Human Nature, The Dying Days...not that there is any guarantee that I'll get any of those, but I can hope. Oh, and I need to look out for Blake's 7: Project Avalon. Anything else I want to find? Well, these are more new books, but I want to see if I can get Starfish by Peter Watts and Saturn's Children by Charles Stross. Oh, and I want to see if I can get a copy of A Scanner Darkly by Philip K Dick on the cheap. A decent copy of Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens won't go astray either.

On sabbatical...