Page 19 of 37 [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 37  Next

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2010, 6:22 pm

Hi, I'm an 18 year old female who was diagnosed with Asperger's a week ago. I enjoy playing video games (Wii) and rooting for my favorite sports teams (Syracuse, Red Sox, NY Giants). I love watching 90's Simpsons episodes along with Big Bang Theory.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know more! :)

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 May 2010, 1:51 am

Just came out of denial, was diagnosed 7 years ago, here I am.

I like computers, humour, long walks on beaches and hugs.

I'm 15 in July, am in major depression about not having friends and am suppose to doing my schoolwork right now.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jun 2010, 11:12 am

I'm in between the 2 boards I guess, I turn 19 july 4th.

I enjoy fencing, hockey (most other sports), pc gaming and IP LANs, science research, airsoft, wargaming, reading, politics and philosophy.

I was diagnosed before my last year of high school, and am still struggling with the change in perspective and expectations.

I'm attending university in Canada and just finished my first year.

Right now I'm working as a student researcher but very bored and very tired of milling over the dis-merits of my eccentricities. I could see the merits of meeting and talking more with people sharing similar challenges and that's why I'm here.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:51 pm

I’m no stranger to the site and I want to post more, but I find it difficult to do so. Anyway that’s another subject: the reason for posting on here is to get to know a few more people on here and to build confidence when talking to different people. It was a rather large step to post on here after being absent from the website a while but I’d love to see any replies :)

Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2010, 12:17 pm

I'm male. 18 for now but I'll be 19 on February the 10th; I was diagnosed with Asperger's last year.

I live in South East London in the UK; I'll be studying my A-levels (Mathematics, Economics, Further Mathematics and English Literature) at college in September. =)

I enjoy STUFF, mostly Mathematics, Architecture, reading, writing, all kinds of music (New Complexity especially), DDR (including Stepmania), videogames (my favourites are SSBB, Unreal Tournament 2004, Starcraft and most retro games) as well as chess, computers, philosophy, neuroscience, Japanese language, Anime and Manga (Death Note ftw!).

I like TV, and I watch Big Bang Theory, IT Crowd, South Park, Family Guy and documentaries regularly.

I don't know all that many people so I joined this forum to meet some like minds - any replies would be appreciated! =)

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2010, 4:54 am

TenPencePiece wrote:
I’m no stranger to the site and I want to post more, but I find it difficult to do so. Anyway that’s another subject: the reason for posting on here is to get to know a few more people on here and to build confidence when talking to different people. It was a rather large step to post on here after being absent from the website a while but I’d love to see any replies :)

Well? Tell the good people about yourself! :)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 1:42 pm

Quote:
Well? Tell the good people about yourself!

Yes, sorry, it seems that in my enthusiasm to post I didn't really say anything about myself!

I turned 15 in February and was diagnosed with high-functioning AS in 2006. Socially speaking, I'm very shy at first when talking to strangers, and it can depend how fast I can get acquainted but once I'm confident with speaking I can be very friendly and humourous in one to one situations, both online and offline.

I'll talk about a small variety of things, but my specific interests are geography and writing based. In those fields I'm particularly good at weather, maps and non-fiction writing, though I have had a crack at a fiction book before.

I left mainstream school last year and am now homeschooled, so I don't see many people anymore, which may be a good or bad thing, so that's why I came here.

BigSteve
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2010, 1:40 am

Hello everyone...My name is Steve. I'm 16, I play guitar. and I have Aspergers. I have a narrow way of thinking and my friends often comment on my humor (I can't tell any of the jokes on here, though. :D) I like math, science and playing guitar (I'm probably getting a new stratocaster or telecaster for my b-day! :D ) I only have about 3 friends but I hope to change that soon.

Ivanhowzer
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jun 2010, 5:27 am

Ohai (:

My name's Alexx, and I was diagnosed with AS when I was 7.

I feel rather apprehensive about writing this for some reason, maybe because I should be working, but maybe cos I've made 3 previous posts on here before XD

I don't know what to say about myself, I'm more comfortable with people asking me things to be honest, so if anyone wants to get to know someone new and understanding, send me a message or something ^^

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 9:10 am

15. 16 next month. I reside in the country with more CCTV cameras than people - the UK. I like technology, cars, business, and economics. I also enjoy talking to Aspies about whatever their obsession may be, it tends to be very interesting.

PM me if you wanna chat :)

DerKodeMeister
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jun 2010, 12:14 pm

Hello. I'm 16, will be 17 in September. Diagnosed with AS when I was 7.

I am a high school student in New Hampshire, but will be taking almost entirely college classes at a local community college for my senior year. I live in a small boring town called Deerfield (pretty self-explanatory).

I have a fairly large number of interests. Math, the physical sciences, and computers are my major ones. When I'm not reading, writing, or studying, you can usually find me at my state table tennis club, listening to music, playing music with my guitar or piano, discovering new places with my beloved longboard, drinking coffee, flying (or flight simming), or observing the night sky with my telescope. I am an extremely curious person, and am usually willing to try new things.

I won't list my favorite music or books here because the lists are just too long :P, but my favorite TV shows are House MD (the first 4 seasons), Law & Order: SVU, Family Guy, South Park, and Chappelle's Show. My favorite movies are The Dark Knight, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.
-E.O. Wilson

Cheeseroyale34
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2010, 9:21 am

I am a 17 years old male, and live in Southern California. I have an aspies diagnosis and would like to join this global community. I have played classical guitar for about a year now, and am a huge fan of music and literature.

Kat7789
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2010, 10:34 pm

I'm a 16 years old female and, even though I haven't been professionally diagnosed, I'm nearly positive that I'm an Aspie and I just need to work up the courage to talk to my mom about getting evaluated. I love music and acting as well as a couple other things. I'm not really sure what else to say. ^^" Well, PM me if you want to chat and I can tell you more about myself. :)

Narwhal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2010, 9:03 pm

I am 17 and live in Massachusetts. I am undiagnosed with both AS and DID though I'm sure I have both. I like computers, electronics, art, and linguistics, which is my special obsession.

blueeyes94
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2010, 5:53 am

My name is Francesca and im 16 and live in New Zealand. I would like to make friends with others with AS.

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 7:15 am

I'm 14, male and I live in Australia. I know this is a 15 - 18 post, But I prefer talking to people older then me, about this age. You all don't mind so you?
I talk to older people for a lot of reasons but a common one is that a look and act so much older that I don't go well with kids my age.
I don't even look 14...