Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Crisonium
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2009, 2:35 am

Me mum had a lot of cats when I was growing up. We adopted our first kitty in 1996 and then had two for a long time. My gamma dropped off one of the kitties because it did a flying karate-chop at our dog Huggibear. But then we got another kitty, Mama-san. She had nine kittens total, two of them died. One of them had more kitties, and that process continued to happen. Mum has thirty-two cats now, me thinks. But among the thirty-two kitties is my baby Belladonna.

When Bella was a kitten we ended up giving her away to my friend Jiah because we had too many kitties, but then Jiah had to give her back when she was almost fully grown. For the first few weeks Bella stayed in my room and wouldn't let anyone touch her. She was really defensive and aggressive and would bite and scratch everyone. She made an exception for me after a while.

She's my best kitty friend and we both understand each other really well. She misses me just as much as I miss her. I'm not allowed to bring her here because this house has dogs and she would explore downstairs where the dogs would get her. I do have a kitty here but it's not the same.

Bella has become an outdoor kitty ever since I moved out of mum's house, but when I go home for a visit she'll come right in and wait by my door for mandatory cuddle time. When she doesn't come inside right away I use my brother's whistle to call her.

It's really apparent that I'm Bella's favorite. She's such a sweetie when she's in my room cuddling with me, but as soon as she's not she wreaks havoc on the household, attacking the other kitties and being really fussy in general. I often compare her to White Fang. When she's not in my room and I pet her she growls and bites and scratches, but I don't mind it, to me she's just showing affection. My family doesn't quite understand that though. They often say that she's unhappy with me petting her and that I should stop.

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2009, 9:46 am

As a child, my cat was my best friend. She seemed to sense when I was sad and would work her way onto my lap so I could hug her out of the blue. When my parents punished me physically or verbally, she used to bite them on the ankles. :)

She was a gray stray tiger striped tabby.

INTJ.

Plunk
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Nov 2009, 4:07 pm

I often feel closer to cats than humans.

I don't know if my cat is my best friend, but even though she's often annoying I really love her.

chelischili7
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Nov 2009, 4:35 pm

Misty was the only living creature that I felt loved me unconditionally. She was a beautiful silver tabby kitty that shared 16 1/2 years with me.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2009, 4:46 pm

I got my cat about a month ago from a rescue centre. She is a 2 year old tortoiseshell and she is gorgeous. She's very affectionate and always wants to sit on my or my boyfriend's lap and frequently likes to sleep in our bed when we are in it so she can get a cuddle. She's really cute too, it has definitely been good for my boyfriend getting her as she keeps him company when I'm at work. She cheers us both up as well, we love her to bits :)

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2009, 5:42 pm

Yeah, I would have to say Diva is my best friend too...

miserylovescompany
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2009, 6:00 pm

When I was a kid I loved keeping rodents, partly because I found it hard to sleep at night, and rodents are more active in the night. I had rats, mice and a hamster (all at once) lol. The ratties were by far the most friendly of the bunch though, whenever I was down or couldn't sleep, I'd always let them out & put them on my shoulders. The best thing about rats is they are so clean, they never once went to the toilet on us, unlike the disgusting guinea pigs lol.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2009, 7:40 pm

Say hello to my cat:

This is my best black furry friend :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSppOZaonIM[/youtube]

SymphonyNo9
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2009, 4:54 pm

My cat is my best friend too - I have 3 but there is one I'm particularly close to:
:)

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 3:21 am

What sweet kissable little kittifaces!! !!

Mew!

By the way here is my FuzzMo

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

Silverweed

20 Nov 2009, 12:25 am

My cat is my best friend in the whole world. He's the only person that I feel good about myself around.

Lepus

20 Nov 2009, 7:45 am

About three and a half years ago I caught a 6 week old abandoned kitten in an alley behind my friend's house. After checking with cats protection I took him home and became 'mum' to him. I had to bottle-feed him for a few days as he still needed milk and was too weak to drink it from a bowl. I absolutely loved him and I was utterly heartbroken when he died two years later. His death had a far deeper effect on me than the death of any human that I have ever known. I found that I couldn't deal without a cat and subsequently adopted two abandoned kittens from cats protection. It's just me and them in my house - they keep me company and I am so happy sharing my life with them. I couldn't cope with seeing friends every day, but having my cats there all the time is wonderful.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Nov 2009, 8:31 am

Beautiful kitties! :) I've had mine for 11 yrs, she's my baby. Today I'm taking her to the vet, she's been in pain, the arthitis is alot worse and now something else is going on, so I'm terrified for her. I don't know if I can take losing her. :cry:

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 8:54 am

My computer is my best friend. All my "friends" are on the internet.

Taimaat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2009, 6:50 pm

My cat was my best friend in high school too. She still is really my best girlfriend. I have a husband now though.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2009, 10:09 am

If I had a dog, it would probably be my best friend.
I want a dog.