Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 5:54 pm

Social gatherings where there's a lot of noise are the worst. Even if it's not that noisy, if there are a bunch of other people having conversations around me, it's hard for me to talk to anyone.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 5:58 pm

Maybe its my parents constantly reminding me to be nice. The f**k does that even mean?

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2010, 7:35 pm

I can't stand how my NT friends accuse me of being a jerk or rude on purpose when I try my very best not to be.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 8:57 pm

people thinking you're humorless or mean when you aren't amused by their non-funny teasing and banter.

more generally, being thought mean or rude for objecting to things that are mean or rude.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 8:58 pm

People acting more friendly than they are.

scott77
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2010, 2:03 pm

It really annoys me when I'm at work and people are talking and/or laughing in the background. Sometimes it is difficult for me to concentrate on my work.

Shone
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Oct 2010, 7:13 pm

I hate it when people are unfunny on purpose and I'm supposed to play along... humor them, you know. Like the other day i was working out at my local gym, I had just finished a set and was resting before my next one... some guy saw me resting and was like "Working hard, huh?" What a D*ck. You aren't funny you're just a D*ck.

thehandmedown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2010, 8:26 pm

Shone wrote:
I hate it when people are unfunny on purpose and I'm supposed to play along... humor them, you know. Like the other day i was working out at my local gym, I had just finished a set and was resting before my next one... some guy saw me resting and was like "Working hard, huh?" What a D*ck. You aren't funny you're just a D*ck.

I hate this to. Its useless and just makes me hate people more and more.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 8:49 pm

katzefrau wrote:
more generally, being thought mean or rude for objecting to things that are mean or rude.

Yes, I hate that too. I always want to call people out on whatever mean or underhanded thing they did (and often do, getting myself into all sorts of trouble), but that invariably makes me into the bad guy. I also can't stand it when other people accept meanness with a shrug, or even pretend it didn't happen. I guess that's the social compact, to keep things smooth on the surface, and people's feelings be damned.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 9:01 pm

bee33 wrote:
katzefrau wrote:

Yes, I hate that too. I always want to call people out on whatever mean or underhanded thing they did (and often do, getting myself into all sorts of trouble), but that invariably makes me into the bad guy. I also can't stand it when other people accept meanness with a shrug, or even pretend it didn't happen. I guess that's the social compact, to keep things smooth on the surface, and people's feelings be damned.

NTs socialize inside out. it's the core that matters.