How do you respond when people insult you unprovoked?

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Abyssalrider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2016, 12:40 pm

Seems unlike most aspies or those with ASD, i usually find myself giving a sarcastically rude sometimes passive-aggressive response. Sarcastically rude is almost my default setting, but to each their own.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Jun 2016, 12:47 pm

I guess it depends on who it is and under what context, realistically I'll probably just take it since most people are bigger than me and they're usually not alone. If I don't have to worry about physical confrontation then I'd probably return it in kind.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 7:40 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I guess it depends on who it is and under what context, realistically I'll probably just take it since most people are bigger than me and they're usually not alone. If I don't have to worry about physical confrontation then I'd probably return it in kind.

I'll return it in kind even if I do have to worry about physical confrontation. They want a fight? Bring it.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 7:51 pm

The last person that said I was weird ended up sitting down and talking with me about his issues.
We also ended up playing ping pong.

me - ping pong is my sport.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 9:30 pm

drlaugh wrote:
The last person that said I was weird ended up sitting down and talking with me about his issues.
We also ended up playing ping pong.

me - ping pong is my sport.

That's awesome!

Also, it does make me realize that I might be thinking of something different than many posters in this thread when talking about "insults". 8O I may also just be a lot more thick-skinned. This didn't occur to me, but I wouldn't consider being called weird any sort of an insult.

Perspective matters, folks!

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2016, 5:40 am

I also don't consider being called weird an insult. I also don't view being called socially awkward, nerdy, or crazy as insults either.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 5:57 am

Some celebrate their weirdness.

Some right books, plays or songs.

Some walk around with budgies on their shoulders.

Some drink alcohol or other self medicating substances.

Some post on WP.

This is some thread. :oops:

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2016, 9:22 am

drlaugh wrote:

Some post on WP.

Lol.

As a child and teen I used to be embarrassed about being labeled socially awkward, nerdy, etc. but I've come to embrace it. Neurotypicals are the weird ones to me. :lol:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 10:10 am

drlaugh wrote:

Some post on WP.

You've just written a very nice poem ... :)

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 12:19 pm

Dreamsea wrote:
As a child and teen I used to be embarrassed about being labeled socially awkward, nerdy, etc. but I've come to embrace it. Neurotypicals are the weird ones to me. :lol:

Same, except I still think we're the weird ones. I just don't see why I would be insulted by someone pointing that out! :wink:

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 12:29 pm

As a child , I hated getting laughed at.
As a humorist I "hate" when folks don't laugh with me.

I also find it interesting what people find funny.

To some tragedy plus time, equals laughter.
For others it's PTSD.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 5:53 pm

I get a lot of rude comments because I am physically disabled as well as Autistic and I tend to try to keep calm and ignore it, but more often than not, I end up crying as soon as I'm alone.

crylie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2016, 9:22 pm

i'm kind of like, an exploder. like i'll definitely be on shock when someone randomly insults me--usually if they insult me by embarrassing me it gets pretty bad with me. if someone came up to me at work and called me the B word, that kind of thing, i feel like yelling, and i totally would if that ever happened. i don't think i'd ever hit someone, but if someone insults or humiliates me on the spot i think the yelling and carrying on i do are doing what they can to keep me from being physical. but at the same time, i explode--so it's like one loud eruption and then i'm done.
i don't forgive people easy though and it's hard for me to regain trust. i think those are my reactions.

"Here, in my humble room at night, I often wonder what goes on out there; what makes them run so scared. I often stare at the people passing by, but they can't see me through my window shades; it's like I'm not even there. This is my private life." --(Private Life, Oingo Boingo)