Never 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
Other - please describe 15%  15%  [ 13 ]
Other - please describe 15%  15%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 88

ozymandias
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2006, 10:57 pm

If they are stupid and arrogant, yes. If they don't even try to know me, yes.

Peace

Andreanna_UK
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2006, 8:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I agree with pooftis the majority of people just cant handle honesty their self defense tactic is to call us rude arrogant ar*****es.
If people cant handle honesty then thats there problem, but I would rather be a truthful upfront c**t than be a twofaced lying b*****d.

The popular choice of names I get called are "The Borg", "Robot" or Ice Maiden" which to be honest I really dont care about anymore I even joke about it.
However I get the old arrogant b***h card amongst other things.

What I really hate is people who ask you a direct question asking for an honest answer then when you answer it you get s**t for being truthful and upfront, why bother asking me a question saying you want an honest answer if your really want me to whitewash you and lie? Its pathetic.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2006, 12:28 am

Andreanna_UK wrote:
Hello everyone,

I agree with pooftis the majority of people just cant handle honesty their self defense tactic is to call us rude arrogant ar*****es.
If people cant handle honesty then thats there problem, but I would rather be a truthful upfront c**t than be a twofaced lying b*****d.

The popular choice of names I get called are "The Borg", "Robot" or Ice Maiden" which to be honest I really dont care about anymore I even joke about it.
However I get the old arrogant b**** card amongst other things.

What I really hate is people who ask you a direct question asking for an honest answer then when you answer it you get s**t for being truthful and upfront, why bother asking me a question saying you want an honest answer if your really want me to whitewash you and lie? Its pathetic.

I know that feeling. I just say, No comment.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2006, 1:43 am

Yes.

But I get called a lot of things that I don't deserve.

*ba-dump ching*

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2006, 1:21 pm

Not all the time. Sometimes I'm very nice, but when I'm angry...well, it's not always nice to be around me. When I act like an ass, people call me on it, and I tend to agree. I'm very aware of when I'm being selfish and horrible, I just don't know how to stop being that way when I'm currently in that state, and that just makes me even more angry.

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2006, 3:54 pm

Only when I was a police officer and then only when I was working (in uniform) -- This has nothing to do with AS however, as I have more often noticed that people tend to (or rather, choose to) mistake an adamant stance in an authority figure with arrogance.

People say that everyone should work in retail or something like that so they can see what people are really like. I say that everyone should wear that uniform and badge just once.

I'm always a very nice shy person. I mean no harm to anyone. So I'll never forget the first day I put on that uniform as long as I live;

Some people were super nice, like they were either faking it (out of some other motive) or they were scared. Some people appeared obviously shaken or scared. Others were very friendly, genuine or appreciative. A few would immediately start complaining about something with me in earshot -- That morning I walked into a gas station near my apartment (an hour away from my jurisdiction) and the guy inside immediately started complaining to me about people parking in his handicapped spaces...

Then you have the last group (a surprisingly high percentage). They would scowl at me, looking at me like I was a child molester or something, some from the corner of the room while others would walk right up to my face just to make sure I saw it. They wouldn't hesitate to cuss me or spit on me if the opportunity popped up and you certainly don't turn your back on those kind of people. It was the look of true hatred, the likes of which I had not ever seen before.

It was like living in bizzaro world for a day. All eyes stayed glued to me and no matter how much I was me, people didn't see me at all. All they saw was a uniform, and who I was didn't seem to matter to anybody. As time went on I learned to accept it, but I don't think I'll ever forget that first day.

Cybermintz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2006, 11:36 am

A******s are very useful - we would all be in a lot of discomfort without them. Some people do not realise this because they are full of s*** - too bad for them. A****** = good.

ZeroSpace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2006, 3:44 pm

I get the odd Donkey-hole comment, but mostly from people who know me, and even then only if I tick them off. YAY Spite!

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 4:58 pm

I may have been called that on occasion - however the usual are freak or mental patient.

JulieArticuno
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2006, 8:47 am

Emettman wrote:
I'm not sure what people call me behind my back, but judging by what I get to my face, "weird" and "odd" would be nearer the mark.

Now that sounds kinda familiar, although "weird" usually has an "o" stuck on the end. "Mad" is amother common one, and it ain't always behind nmy back either.

One of my friends, if she think's I'm being verbose or using too many long words, asks "Did you eat a dictionary for breakfast this morning or something?"

I have yet to tell her that at 7 yearts old I read the family dictionary from cover to cover. I'm too scared to.

Julie

TijuanaLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2006, 9:38 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I'm too nice to be an a******, stupid or weird is more popular.

Its the same for me, I would rather called an a******

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2006, 6:27 pm

I like being an ***hole. I also enjoy being a bastard(which is techincally correct in that I was born out of wedlock), and a *****. It's much better then being my favourite insult, a bumble****.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 5:30 pm

If people were allowed to curse openly at school, they would.
I usually get weird or strange, and occasionaly ret*d.
For a while, I made a big deal out of being called strange(I only wanted to be called weird) but that was sort of a joke for myself.
For weird I say thank you. For ret*d I reply that I know I am.
I was also called everything fromn gay to queer to fag one time at a summer camp. I had a whole set of things to answer to that. Example:
Them: You're gay
Me: I'm not that happy at the moment
T: you're queer
M: I know I'm strange
T: you're a fa***t
M: How dare you call me a bundle of sticks!
The sad thing was, I took that group of idiots all day before they started calling me homosexual, the one insult I haven't figured out a counter for.

stuckinthedesert
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jun 2006, 8:19 pm

I have never been called an ahole, well to my face anyways. I wish. Instead I am one of those people that are too nice for there own good. I get walked over all the time so being an ahole might be a nice change.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jun 2006, 4:19 am

never, but i have called other people an ar**hole

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 9:44 am

I put 'Other' because I am Generally Not Liked and get called names from time to time when I am unable to avoid the company of others.

I have a very sharp, very vicious tongue so I can always give better than I get but they usually have the upper hand in terms of numbers or having to retreat into physical violence.

I genuinely do not care what the other 'people' around me 'think' of me, my only concern is the unstated threat of violence and as I have a policy of going unarmed, the 'person' attacking me is probably in a stronger position than I am.