Page 21 of 75 [ 1198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 75  Next

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2009, 2:23 am

Adam

31 years old
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I am wondering if there is anyone on this board whom is from the Eastern Iowa area.

I have a number of interests and activities that I am involved in.

-I have been very active in the flood recovery efforts of Cedar Rapids and Palo, Iowa
-I am very active in the local UU Church
-I also partake in activities of the Linn County Democratic party
-I like to take in arts related events such as concerts, theater and exhibits
- I enjoy socializing about interests such as politics, religion and the arts

-I enjoy reading, traveling and listening to music

I am wondering if there is anyone out there looking for acquaintanceship or friendship.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 1:41 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Celtic_Frost
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2009, 3:25 am

I am Andrew, of 18 years old, from Jackson, Tennessee. I haven't got much to do and I feel lonely most of the time. I need someone to be friends with! Chatting on MSN or Skype is fine with me. PM me anytime!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 1:30 pm

Welcome to WP!

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 5:07 pm

Hello everyone. I am Phillip from San Antonio, Texas and am currently 19 years old. I was diagnosed with Aspergers when i was five years old and am currently at Northwest Vista majoring in computer science. After that, I plan on transferring to Abilene Christian to . I am a nerd of all types and proud of it too. My main obsessions are computers and anything on wheels. I have been a member her for a little over two years and consider this place to be almost like a second home to me after I was treated cruelly at another forum by a mod. I am a Linus user like several of us on here. I've been using Ubuntu and Linux for about a year and a half. I also frequent the IRC channel at irc.freenode.net/#wrongplanet.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 2:20 am

Welcome to WP!

Netish
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2010, 11:35 am

Yello, I go by Net or Neto and I live in Florida (USA). I joined this community several years ago shortly after being diagnosed with Aspergers, but left to avoid someone...

I must warn that I am a very devout Christian (Lutheran-LCMS) and have a tendency to rant about my faith, and many other things that the average members of society (and even here) seem to dislike. I am beyond Conservative into the little known realm of reationary (wiki it if you need definition).

Warning aside, I am a generally nice person but take effort to get to know. I work at "making friends" but I'm bad at it, don't care for people, or rub people the wrong way. However, I really do wish I had more friends, especially as some people put it, "people to do things with". I am generally very level headed and I'm happy to help people.

Captain_Kirk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jan 2010, 1:32 pm

I'm Matt. I'm 21.
Odds are, you don't know s**t.
I'll cut you up real bad.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2010, 1:47 pm

Nym wrote:
Hi

I live in Leeds, England and I'm a 19year old male. I haven't had a friend since high school so idealy I'm looking for somebody to 'do stuff' with but I'd be more than happy just chatting on msn or something.

Leeds beat Manchester United today :D

I'm 20 and open to making new friends here 8)

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 9:18 am

Netish wrote:
Yello, I go by Net or Neto and I live in Florida (USA). I joined this community several years ago shortly after being diagnosed with Aspergers, but left to avoid someone...

I must warn that I am a very devout Christian (Lutheran-LCMS) and have a tendency to rant about my faith, and many other things that the average members of society (and even here) seem to dislike. I am beyond Conservative into the little known realm of reationary (wiki it if you need definition).

Warning aside, I am a generally nice person but take effort to get to know. I work at "making friends" but I'm bad at it, don't care for people, or rub people the wrong way. However, I really do wish I had more friends, especially as some people put it, "people to do things with". I am generally very level headed and I'm happy to help people.

Welcome to WP from a fellow Lutheran!

NJCars05
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2010, 4:32 pm

Hi! I suppose it couldn't hurt to try and make a few friends here. :)

I'm a 22-year-old guy and live in Bergen County, New Jersey, USA. I'm totally obsessed with cars -- always have been, as far back as I can remember -- and I can identify the make/model/generation (years produced in that style) of pretty much every single car sold in the US since the 1980s. I'm an ASE-certified auto mechanic too, and worked in a couple of garages in Florida but found the bad economy at the time and the insane heat/humidity was too much for me. I'm back in school now as an English major. Don't worry, if you decide to talk to me, I won't talk about cars unless you want to. :D I'm also starting to get interested in public transit (trains especially!), as well as the history of local public transit here in northern NJ.

I'm a pretty laid-back guy. I don't really enjoy going to concerts because they're too loud for me and really don't enjoy drinking or sports (aside from WRC rally racing, of course :D) so I guess I'm not a very typical 22-year-old. :P

So hey, if you think I sound interesting, send me a message! Maybe I'll end up making a friend here after all :)

Edit:
VVVV thanks! :)

Last edited by NJCars05 on 05 Jan 2010, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 4:58 pm

Welcome to WP!

genedig65
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2010, 3:40 pm

My name is Gene. 44 y.o. undiagnosed here. Not sure if I have AS but I do have many traits. My interests are scale models, trains, rocketry, space exploration, old sports cars, and astronomy.

I'm married and have two sons. One is AS and the other NT with a little ADHD thrown in.

TheMinnesotaIceman
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2010, 3:42 am

Josh, male (obviously), 24, diagnosed with AS at age 15, currently domiciled in Spring Lake Park, Minnesota.

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2010, 1:50 am

28/M/Arizona, USA. I don't know if I have AS or not, but I love everyone here and can relate, so there must be something in common there!

Loli-kun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2010, 12:11 am

Name: David
Occupation: Student for BA of Music, Classical Performance Piano
About: Hello there, I'm me (who else would I be?) as it says I play piano, I'm also a major manga/anime otaku. I'm bad at talking about me so this post will probably be random and hard to follow. I've got AS that shows as ADHD, OCD and social problems. Yes I have attention prob... ooh shiny! what? I ski, play videogames, wear skirts, knee and thigh high socks, leggings and heels, and besides being male physically am more or less female (I am straight fyi) I think that about covers me (metaphorically of course).

My passions from a common spring.
(Excerpt From "Alone" By E.A. Poe)