Page 30 of 75 [ 1198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 75  Next

Amalgoreaux
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2011, 9:17 am

Greetings. I'm 21 years old and live near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I like role-playing games, foreign cartoon music, drawing, making confections, going on the computer, and exploring. When it comes to TV shows, the closest things I like are the Japanese cartoons Akira and Paranoia Agent. I don't read unless I'm really into something related to the book; I read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea when I heard Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water was based on a Jules Verne-esque world, some of the elements coming from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Currently, I'm majoring in Accounting at a school full of animal science majors. When I'm not working on homework, I'm usually on the computer, playing a video game, or volunteering at the nearby YMCA. I generally only do it once a week, but I enjoy it and the volunteer coordinator seems to appreciate my work. There's been a rumor that the public transportation is cutting funding, and if they stop going to my college, I might start walking there.

I'm not a terribly social person, but I like meeting new people. I tend to be kind of impulsive and hyper (mostly because I get excited when talking to people, also because of ADHD), which kind of turns people off. I usually feel bad when I say something nasty, so if I do something wrong I'll probably apologize.

If you're still interested in talking to me, fantastic. Send me a PM and we'll go from there. :3

LikeToHike
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2011, 1:03 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Hey everybody. I'm 22, male, from Montreal. I'm a college student and I work a couple of part time jobs from home in addition to a crappy full time job I travel to. I speak English and French, and I dabble in German and a few of the latin languages. I'm a pretty content person and am always happy to listen and be good friend or offer constructive advice. I am very interested by history, anthropology, evolutionary history, astronomy/cosmology, geography, sustainability and several other topics. I love the outdoors. I play several instruments and I also love to read and write. I'm a fairly solitary person but I do value human contact and despite my innate aspie-ness I think I am very compassionate. I haven't lived that easy of a life because of my eccentricities, and I decided the best way to cope is to look past that and be the change I want in myself. If anyone wants to chat about anything, no matter how random, I'm here

Hey! I see you're interested in astronomy/cosmology. Me too. Who are your favorite reads? My favorite all-time love is Carl Sagan, but currently I have been reading and YouTubing Michio Kaku and Stuart Hameroff. Stuart Hameroff is not a physicist but he has some new (to me anyway) and intriguing ideas about the quantum world.

I see you are Canadian. As an aside, my favorite environmentalist is David Suzuki. My hero. -sigh-

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 9:50 pm

Hello everyone, Im 19 and I live in Sydney. I discovered I had Aspergers when I was 18 which was shocking but explained everything. I'm currently doing a bachelor of Fine Arts and then hopefully doing a masters degree of Fine Arts. I'm very passionate about the arts and computer games! RPGs, turned based games and strategy games include Morrowind, the Sid Meier's Civilization series and Heroes of Might and Magic. For Fine Arts, I major in Printmaking and I love using screenprinting and lithography as my mediums. I joined Wrong Planet to make sense of my Aspergers and to find like minded people. I describe myself as a weird friendly person, I don't mind listening to what you have to say, so come and chat with me :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 3:45 am

Hi, I'm looking for aspie female friends to talk to in IM. I have some people on facebook, but was wondering if anyone here is interested around my age?

I'm a 25 year old girl.

k2magic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2011, 9:55 pm

Hi im a 20year old female attending college in New York. Im looking to meet some people and trying to learn more about AS. I'd love to talk to anyone

goldiemarie
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Feb 2011, 6:49 am

My name is Amanda, and I am 27 years old and originally from the Cleveland, Ohio area, but currently living in Durham, North Carolina. I am pretty much a self-diagnosed aspie, although I would like to get 'officially' diagnosed. Just looking for some folks like myself who find it hard to keep and maintain friendships. I am blessed to have a best friend who I more or less consider a sister to me who we have been friends for more than 15 years. Other than her though, I don't really have many other friends. Makes me sad sometimes... :(

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 5:24 am

I'm looking for adult Aspie friends. I have really supportive NT friends, but I'd like to expand my circle to people who understand what AS is like. I'm a girl, but I enjoy friends of both genders. I work & go to school full time.

Some of my hobbies & interests: reading, religion, mythology, psychology, photography, listening to & playing music, graphic novels, video games, hiking, surfing, yoga, meditation, & knitting

Anyway, PM me if you'd like to chat. :D

epicafan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2011, 5:42 am

Hey,

My name is Andrew. I'm 21. 22 in May. I'm a native Coloradan and live in Colorado Springs. I'm looking for plenty of friends as I keep losing mine because I'm rude or something else and it's driving me nuts. I can't tell I am, and they never feel the need to let me know until they cut me off as friends, so I can't learn from the situation and I get stuck in the same ruts again. I have a few friends, but so many people are unsympathetic to me and the worst friend breakups are the ones who know I have Asperger's and still treat me as if I should know better and know how to change my behavior. Such an event happened just last week and I'm still frustrated about it. Sorry for the short rant. I'll continue.
I'd love to find friends who sympathize (NT and Aspie alike) with the situation and find people in whom I can confide.
I'm gay, and sort of looking for a boyfriend, if possible, but this is obviously not a dating site or thread. I love music a lot. I'm always looking for new music and sharing my vast collection and interests with others. I love to read, I enjoy video games, in my spare time I work on crossword puzzles, I like to cook and bake, especially cookies and other sweets, I love blues dancing and go every weekend to blues dance. I will be at the Mile High Blues Exchange in Denver the last weekend of March this year and I'm very excited. Please feel free and message me. I'd love to get to know some of you. I just really need some friends.

Thanks!

epicafan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2011, 6:57 am

I just posted, but I found a form people were filling out, so I'll do that too, so all the info is easily read.

Hobbies: Music, reading, philosophy, TV shows, movies, video games, crossword puzzles
Interests: Philosophy, intelligent conversation, wine, cold weather, rain
When were you diagnosed? May of 2010. But at that time, when I heard I had been diagnosed with a "syndrome" I didn't want to know and lived my life as if nothing had changed. I didn't want to be different and wanted to be ignorant of the fact. My parents, however, were reading up on it constantly and finally spoke to me about what it was all about and revealed so much of what I did and how it connected. Only recently have I started to actually read up myself to try and learn more about how to work to live with Asperger's.
Favorite music: Pretty much anything. I love symphonic rock/metal the most. Bands within that genre include Epica (my favorite band), Nightwish, and Within Temptation. Generally symph. metal is a European thing, so I rarely get the chance to see any of it in concert, sadly. I also like the occasional pop, including Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, and stuff like that. I also listen to a lot of game/movie soundtracks, I like Glee, And I have a lot more variety. Feel free to ask me what I'm listening to right now. It'll be different than five minutes ago!
Books: I used to stick exclusively to fantasy outside of school but I'm running out of authors who write well so I've slowly been getting out of that genre. In fantasy, my favorite authors are Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss and Terry Goodkind (I've read every single book each of these authors have written). Outside of fantasy, authors I have enjoyed include Salman Rushdie, Neal Stephenson, Mark Z. Danielewski, and anything philosophy-related.
TV shows/movies: TV shows: The Big Bang Theory, V, Glee, Stargate Universe, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Caprica, Burn Notice, So You Think You Can Dance, Stargate SG-1, Fringe, Torchwood, Dr. Who, the list goes on
Movies: V for Vendetta, Inception, Scott Pilgrim, Mean Girls, Easy A, Memento, Dark Knight, The Prestige, Batman Begins (props to those who see the big pattern, and even bigger props to those who see the small pattern. (not all movies listed fit into either pattern))
Clothing: My day-to-day style is a bit dressed up for some people. I wear a button-down shirt with jeans and a coat. Sometimes flip flops (even in winter), sometimes dress shoes. If I'm out of clean button-down shirts I wear funny and/or stylish tee shirts.
Job: Student
Plans for the future? Get into law school to be come a criminal attorney, find a boyfriend, get more friends...

Any comments? Please message me. i welcome meeting new people and I'd love to chat about whatever is on here.

raul693
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2011, 10:23 pm

Hello! I'll Just use the format used by some of you so I can introduce myself

Name: Raúl Andrés Velásquez
Occupation: Lawyer (Recently Graduated from Central University of Venezuela)
Hobbies: Music, guitar, football (soccer), movies, video games and many others.
When were you diagnosed? I have never been diagnosed, but since I first heard of AS (3 years ago) I noticed that a lot of personal traits weren't that personal at all, the more I researched I found out I had almost every symptom. Since I recently started a new job I plan to get tested (didn't have the money and did not want to bother my parents with it), though since I found out I have been able to improve a lot.
Favorite music: Pretty much anything (Except for that south american plague known as reggeatton). I love rock, mostly classic rock, but I also like some heavier genres, I love pop too, and of course classical music. Jimi Hendrix, Muse, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest, Steve Vai, Paganini, Mozart, Calle 13 and Audioslave display some of my tastes.
Books: I not an avid reader so mostly I read books that my friends recommend, among my favorites are The Iliad, The Dexter books by Jeff Lindsay, Don Quijote, Fight Club and too many others to name. Naturally since I'm a lawyer I read a lot of law related books.
TV shows: The Big Bang Theory (my new favorite, my friends say I'm a short Sheldon), Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Dexter and Bones. I also Watch a lot of football (soccer).
Movies: Fight Club, The Godfather, Ocean's Eleven, Pirates of the Caribbean, Eurotrip, Inglorious Bastards, the new Batman movies, Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Le Concert (Most recent movie I saw). I'm missing way too many great films, those are just some of the ones I love.
Clothing: It depends, when I was in school I wore a lot of shorts, so mostly polos and cool t-shirts, but in office environment and since I graduated I wear office clothes on a daily basis. I must point out that I dressed poorly till my freshmen year at college, I noticed I dressed terribly and decided to educate myself on fashion, I believe I did very good and that I can call myself a well dressed man.
Job: Law Clerk at national administrative court.
Plans for the future? Start postgraduate studies, I'm currently applying for labor law at my alma mater. Perhaps I'd like to study abroad (for some reason Australia and nordic countries fascinate me), and maybe study industrial design as second degree.

Please message, follow me on twitter, look me up on facebook (advise that you come from wrongplanet) or PM me if you wish to talk to me, this forum was a great find for me because I've never met any other aspie.

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 9:10 am

OK I will show one my personality traits by not using the form everyone else is using.

My name is Mike and I'm 45 years old. I'm a undiagnosed AS. I would like to talk to anybody regardless of their interest. Just stay away from computers and politics. I have my own computer repair business so after working with them all day I would like to take a break from them. With politics, I tend to get to aggressive talking about them.

My favorite subject material for a conversation would be anything related to AS. After 45 years of being with people who thought I was weird or out of mind because of my problems, it is nice to hang out with people that can relate to me. So if you want to PM me then go ahead. I would be happy to start a conversation with you.

Just a word of warning. I find writing hard at times. Looking at that white space and trying to express my thoughts can be taxing. So if I do not reply to you right away then do not take it personally. I could just be resting my mind. Just be a little bit more patient with me :)

dc1
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2011, 2:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I have AS or not, so I don't even know if it's appropriate for me to post here. But a lot of stuff has happened lately that's made me wonder, and the more I read about AS, the more things start to make sense. Maybe I'm just awkward. Hard to tell. This seems like a relatively non-judgmental community though, so here goes.

Hobbies: Used to jog in the park until I was mugged, just started writing a blog (not sure if I can keep it updated all the time)
Favorite TV shows: Community, Freaks and Geeks, 30 Rock, Lost, 24, all Bruce Timm DC animated series, Avatar: The Last Airbender
Favorite movies: Iron Giant, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Chasing Amy, Father of the Bride, Die Hard, Terminator 2

"It is a dreadful feeling to come back... and find not a kindred soul, no one who cares whether one is dead or alive." -- Emma Goldman

georgewbush
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2011, 7:45 pm

Anyone interested in a friendship, private message me.

rabbit90
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Mar 2011, 7:28 am

Ahhh I haven't been on this website in so long, it feels weird coming back.

I've never really had any friends. I don't think I really want them, but it is nice to talk to people, I enjoy talking, it's just it never leads anywhere.

I don't know why I am posting on here......le sigh

azureyoshi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2011, 8:45 pm

Hello!

I'm a 19 years old girl and live in the US ... upstate NY to be specific. I like video games, sports, and meditating in my spare time. I need more friends. PM if you wanna know anything else.

V10L3T
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2011, 10:51 am

I'm 18 right now but I'd enjoy having older friends as well, not just 15 - 18 year old friends :p

I'm Violet and I'm 18 years old. I live in ghettotown, USA (central florida, rather) and have a part time job as a cashier. I like reading comic books, watching documentaries and the history channel, playing pretend, and romping in the grass. Nature is my passion. If I could, I would spend each and every day outside in the forest, at the beach, or in a garden. Plants, insects, and animals are a huge interest of mine. I try to enjoy all that Earth gives and I have little regard for materialistic things. Anything about ancient cultures interests me.

Most of the time though, I'm stuck inside. I mostly play video games, watch documentaries, read National Geographic, or just look up random articles in the internet about my interests. If I had a person who loved being outdoors as much as I do, I'd be outside more often :/
As for tv, I like Scrubs, Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, X-Files, Ancient Aliens, Monk, The Universe, Pawn Stars, cartoons!! !!, and South Park

I like a lot of different types of music from techno to anything with accordion or french horns in it. I'm a really nice person.. really quirky.. Can't accurately describe it. I'm one of those sweet girls who couldnt hurt a fly. I'm very shy and it takes me about 3/4 of a year for me to get nice and comfortable with people