Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 3:08 pm

I like dining alone and I'm NT :? Most people's food is disgusting and makes me gag :x

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2010, 9:54 pm

Quartz11 wrote:
I've done it on occasion. It's easier when sitting at a bar, preferred that way anyway.

Right. Now, this I understand. Even from reading the posts, I admit, I do not entirely understand the purpose of dining out. Besides, take-out is cheaper.

Ernest
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Mar 2010, 1:20 pm

I do not dine out very often. But when necessary, I do. It is not a social thing to do for me. Simply a need for food. I have been aware of my aloneness for many years. Just the way it is.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2010, 5:24 pm

The majority of times I dined during my time on the University of Maryland where alone. The last time I did was recently at Dave and Busters in While Flint Mall in Maryland. I got myself a Charcoaled Steak, broccoli and fries. Then I spent two hours in The Midway.

The reason why I dine alone is that I know people, but they never invited me to their dinners. And I often don't invite them due to fear of being rejected. So I actually enjoy dining alone.

But there are some cases that I don't mind dining with people, if the people are at a convention (The cosplay dinners before a major anime convention.)

tinmaiden
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2010, 6:13 pm

Dining out alone with your laptop, magazine, or an engrossing novel is one of the most relaxing things ever.

-Fyodor Dostoevsky

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 5:50 am

pictures speak louder than words-

Surreal
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2010, 12:11 pm

^^^^

LOVE it!

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2010, 10:41 am

I sometimes generally get uncomfortable by myself in public, but I don't see anything wrong with enjoying a meal at a restaurant by myself. I have gone for fruit and toast a few times at this place a couple blocks away. I bring a book or something and just make the most of my solitude.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 2:10 am

i don't mind a yearly bday outing to some quiet out-of-the-way place out in the country. just me in my booth and my modest-yet-happy birthday meal.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 2:26 am

I don't really mind eating alone at restaurants. I see plenty of people do it, so I don't think there's any stigma against it. Plus, I don't think the other patrons really care that I'm eating alone, they usually just mind their own business.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 8:59 am

if i eat alone, then i don't have to worry about scanning the menu and choosing items as fast as my fellow dining companions, as i am a notoriously slow menu reader. plus i can "digest" unencumbered by fear of my sound effects disturbing other folk in the booth or at the table.

chainsawswinger
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2010, 6:20 pm

It's considered unusual (read: "weird") for people to DINE alone. However, it's perfectly common to see people eating breakfast or lunch alone, especially in casual cafe environments if they're reading a paper, doing work on their computer, or anything but stare at all the other customers.

I suppose dinner is an exception because people don't usually "work" at night, and people meet together, go on dates, etc.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2018, 6:59 pm

ONLY in a cafe, and ONLY in off hours.

I detest eating along most other times. It is such a social event, that I feel REALLY lonely when I do. Most diners are with family &/or friends. Local friends in town have the idea that if I suggest going out to eat that I must foot the bill. So we never go out to eat. Cottage friends have abandoned me this year for dining out (they all pay their own way. Yay!) due to a bridge being out. So once it opens up again next week, maybe...

I'm just not at all comfortable dining out.

One reason I guess that I haven't put on any extra pounds!