Ever copy a fictional charcter to get along w/others?

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2006, 6:13 pm

I used to when I was nine and ten, but now I use some of the quotes that I find are funny from the characters sometimes.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2006, 5:20 pm

When I was a kid whenever I watched a film for a few days after I would pretend to be the person I had observed in the film, clothing, mannerisms, voice etc

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2006, 9:25 pm

All my "heroes" and inspirations as a child were loner characters, though I never thought of why.

I loved conan, and used to run around with a plastic sword by myself..

For some reason I had an arnold schwarzenegger obsession stemming from that until like the age of 12, maybe cause I was so tiny and I wanted to be all big and prominent.

hmmn

I loved frodo, though he always had sam with him, which is maybe why I would only participate in little adventures with the one friend I had.

I don't really remember speaking much to kids in primary school at all though, I remember even then I didn't quite understand what was going around me, the girls liked me but I was terrified of them, the guys hated me because I couldn't speak to them without using big flowery sentences, I guess I thought the fantasy books I'd read and the language I'd learnt would entertain them.

In high school I had the impression they would like me if I acted like I didn't care about anything, which actually worked funnily enough (no its not a good thing).

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2006, 7:30 pm

Spock.

Works out rather well, too. The general public of intelligent people like Spock.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2006, 2:43 am

I don't pretend to be people I see in fiction, but I do imagine myself in their shoes, being in their situation and having their friends and so on. For example, I sometimes talk to imaginary friends and act out an entire conversation/interaction with them. Or cuddle my pillow and erm, imagine it to be my significant fictional other. That can occasionally end up being messy...

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 5:31 pm

I can't recall trying to act like a famous person to get by, but I do recognise in myself a tendency to absorb particular tics or mannerisms that I see in other people, without my really trying to assimilate whatever it is I'm imitating.

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 1:47 pm

Sometimes, but 1 of my friends who i just knew he had aspies (on halloween) can do impressions of characters REALLY good :!: