Anyone feel like they don't fit in with people their own age

Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 12:27 pm

i do not "fit in" with anyone, and that is because do not understand them.
i have my own internal valid language, and almost no one ever talks to me in that language so i have to come out of my shell to get the answers i need.

once i get the answers then i can retreat to another week or more of relaxation after i have completed my assessments and redesignations of my actions based upon their replies (relating to business).

i have a severe level of autism coupled with a rather high IQ, and the mixture of sweet and sour seems palatable to my contemporaries, but i just want to cast the world away and live with animals. they can love with innocence, and everything they do is innocent, and if they trust me i feel very much reinforced by that fact.

humans require sewage works to treat their waste, and i see humans therefore as contributors to the sewage workers jobs, and i have little interest in them because they smell often of feces. ( i can smell the bums of angels from 10 light years away)

despite all that, i am human and i want a human girl to wrap myself around and go to sleep without any discussion. that would be nice, but i have a technical issue to solve now so this is the end of my post.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 3:54 pm

Oh yeah - thas why I always preffto hang out with younger or older people than I am. I don´t meet my peers very often. I don´t understand them. I have a childlike soul, they are too ruthless for me.

LucindaClown
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2012, 5:31 pm

I find I don't fit in with people of my age group either. It's been said before, but I'm not really into drinking as much as other people my age are. I also don't have a cell phone so I never text people. I think it's a waste of money anyway. People my age tend to be kind of shallow and I find it impossible to have any meaningful conversations with anyone my age save my close friends. I also feel like young adults have a tendency of being less empathetic than most people even though most people are not that empathetic to begin with.
I agree with what SilkySifaka said in that I find myself to be way too formal or polite to fit in with people my age. I can't believe it, but one time when I was coming out of a store I held the door for a young-adult couple coming out of the store as well and they laughed at me for it. I sometimes I try not to be polite, but that only backfires as well because then people get insulted.
Back in College I didn't even bother with trying to fit in or socialize with anyone and honestly it was a great decision. Most of the people my age in my class were very snobby and mean, so not paying attention to them really ended up working out for me and probably saved me lots of grief in the end. I did still end up getting to know two other girls in my class who were also quiet types, and I still keep in touch with them even only via e-mail.

vk2goh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2012, 11:12 pm

yes, cause Im not married, don't have a steady job or kids.

I'm also not as widely exposed to a lot of social situations as most of the people in my
age group as well