Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

superunknown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2007, 11:34 am

MrSinister wrote:
Wolfpup wrote:
I don't remember hearing any of her stuff on Scrubs. I really love her stuff though.

I believe one of her songs was featured on the episode where JD discovers his brother is sleeping with Elliott again.

yeah thats the one
they also play that song on the intercom where i work
right after more than a woman by the bee gee's 8O

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 1:22 pm

Which one is it? I love White Flag.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 10:26 pm

superunknown wrote:
thats awfully pessimistic

Na...if I've never known any different is it suitable to call it pessimism, or how about reality? My way of overt interaction is observation: I've done a lot of it.

This is my experience.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 11:15 am

superunknown wrote:
its all about location too
if your into jazz or goth or whatever you need to find the places these people congregate and then don your best band shirt compliment and be complimented

also if you listen to emo or goth music the girls go crazy for the misanthropic disturbed musician so even if your not good at an instrument they'll still be enamored with you
i wouldnt expect anything more than a physical relationship from these women though

I shouldn't have to defend Goth Culture, but when I find someone ignorant on a particular subject and education isn't being dished out I have to jump in so here goes...

Goth girls on the whole are not attracted to the "Misanthropic disturbed musician" type, I know the type of person you're talking about, she messaged me once and I gave her a huge yet polite fist full of my personality and she never once replied. Also they are not soley out for physical relationships, if you want to get an idea for real Goths you might want to download Soulseek and check out the Gothic room, because there are a few in there.

How am I a reliable source you might ask? Several of my Teachers were Goths when they were teens, as it's a long surviving Subculture, I've also been a part of alot of Goth Groups, and researched both the music and the history. Trust me, they're alot more open to the outcast type than you'd think because alot of them grew up that way themselves.

Jazz is great by the way.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

superunknown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2007, 6:02 pm

im just speaking about the gothic people ive known
of course everybody is different and no blanket statement like mine would be able to take everyone into account

i used to hang out with a crowd that called themselves gothic
but i ended that relationship because truthfully it was very lame
gothic metal doesnt satiate my thirst for heaviness and im damn sure not gonna wear any makeup lol

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 11:14 pm

superunknown wrote:
im just speaking about the gothic people ive known
of course everybody is different and no blanket statement like mine would be able to take everyone into account

i used to hang out with a crowd that called themselves gothic
but i ended that relationship because truthfully it was very lame
gothic metal doesnt satiate my thirst for heaviness and im damn sure not gonna wear any makeup lol

No, I'm saying that maybe they weren't Goths in the first place, I know that alot of people claim to be Punks but when you get right down to it they haven't heard of The Damned for example, or any other Punk band, I know that the Punk Aspies on here would support me on this, I've read how they railed against people who only listen to Pop Punk, it's the same for Goth except that these guys truly don't know anything about Goth (Most likely) and have never heard a Goth song.

Which confirms my suspicion, Gothic Metal is just that Gothic Metal, as in Metalheads primarily listen to it, not Goths. Dispite which the name might tell you.

You don't need to wear makeup, you don't need to listen to the music either, just be a good friend to them, and they will let you be their friend. I myself don't wear makeup but I know that I'd probably be considered a Goth, if only because of my extensive list of Goth bands I like, and attitude which I try to maintain.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

superunknown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2007, 12:43 pm

well it appears my "knowledge" of gothic culture is lacking
i apologize

but then its not really a culture ive ever been involved in so i probably shouldnt have brought it up in the first place

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 12:53 pm

to answer the question of the thread-I don't :(

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 1:42 am

superunknown wrote:
well it appears my "knowledge" of gothic culture is lacking
i apologize

but then its not really a culture ive ever been involved in so i probably shouldnt have brought it up in the first place

In my experience people like to talk about things they have no experience with.

Well at least you were understanding about it, I can't say the same for most people.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 6:47 am

Kilroy wrote:
to answer the question of the thread-I don't :(

Agreed.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 9:49 am

it sucks...people like me online but in real life-ohhh get away your a freak :(

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 9:59 pm

lunchbox wrote:
The best way is to simply share an interest. Any interest. It's a starting point to talk about, and conversation usually feeds itself and keeps going, as well as giving you a feel for the person's personality.

Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps I'll give it a try myself.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 6:29 pm

Sharing a common interest is always good. That way you've got something to talk about when the usual small talk runs out.