Aspies of the Pacific Northwest....UNITE :D!

Page 31 of 38 [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next

Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 6:43 am

auntblabby wrote:
886 wrote:
It's sad how every time squarepegs is mentioned, I consider going but always decide at the end that I'm too shy to go out like that :?I mean, it'd be one thing if I met up with a friend or knew someone. But I'd just go and stand there being all lolwatamidoing for 30 minutes, then I'd leave.

even if you don't find somebody compatico at the seattle meetup, at least they always seem to have pretty good food, plus the city skyline view of downtown seattle is priceless. it is usually held atop the rooftop of a fancy condo. I went last year and was able to find interesting sorts to chat with.

Yeah, my social skils are pretty poor though, I can't just walk up to someone, regardless of age or gender, and be all hi i'm andrew i have autism :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 6:44 pm

886 wrote:
Yeah, my social skils are pretty poor though, I can't just walk up to someone, regardless of age or gender, and be all hi i'm andrew i have autism :?

many times your basic "hi! i'm Andrew, I have autism also!" is all that is required at meetups such as the seattle one, as there are always folks there who will be pleased as punch if you merely LISTEN to them talk. I know you will fit right in there. :wtg:

E27
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jul 2013, 7:48 pm

I've been looking into Square Pegs and Redmond/Eastside-Aspergers for awhile but Square Pegs doesn't have meet ups around the Redmond/Woodinville area and Redmond/Eastside-Aspergers only has a couple people attending each meet up (at least according to the meet up page online).
Is there any chance of Square Pegs having a meet up in this area? I am getting a bit tired of being friendless.

AinsleyHarte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

I can't wait until I move back/closer to Seattle. I've been wanting ti attend the Seattle meetup, but the buses to/from my town are pretty much non-existent on the weekend. That, and a 5-6 hours travel time roundtrip isn't really appealing. One day!

Edited for clarification: Actually, I'm terrified to move, but I would rather know that I am going back to Seattle than anywhere else. I have a decent working knowledge of how to get around via public transportation, and despite how much I hated the noise pollution, there are enough people that I feel like I can blend in. Most people were fairly nice to me as well. I'm just afraid of how much my neighborhood has changed; the transformation was beginning last time I was there, and I really don't want to see it now.

Can anyone in Seattle recommend a good neighborhood for affordable renting - preferably Aspie-friendly (on the quieter side, good access walking/bussing, etc.)

Aspie score: 180 / 200 - NT score: 25 / 200
Aloof: 112 / Rigid: 109 / Pragmatic: 117
AQ: 47

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Jul 2013, 10:21 pm

Can't wait for the next meetup......... hopefully, you will welcome me with open arms.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:43 pm

AinsleyHarte wrote:
Can anyone in Seattle recommend a good neighborhood for affordable renting - preferably Aspie-friendly (on the quieter side, good access walking/bussing, etc.)

average apartment rent in seattle as of the first half of this year, is $1517 per month. you might do a bit better [less exorbitantly priced rents] south of seattle, like Tukwila or Federal Way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 10:43 pm

equestriatola wrote:
Can't wait for the next meetup......... hopefully, you will welcome me with open arms.

but of course :)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 1:34 am

Next meetup is this Saturday, and the weather has been great so we're going to be on the deck. We're also holding our annual picnic on Sunday August 4th at Golden Gardens park in Seattle; http://www.meetup.com/Squarepegs/events/118746662/

- Rick Sanchez

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 9:18 pm

I might come or something. To the above.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 9:38 pm

equestriatola wrote:
I might come or something. To the above.

I noted you waved hello to me at the meetup, if I weren't in conversation with case I woulda chatted with you if you wanted. :)

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 1:23 pm

Oh, I wasn't there. I had to help my dad with building the garden shed.

But, if you do find me at a future meetup, you know what to do.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 2:17 am

equestriatola wrote:
Oh, I wasn't there.

Heh, I made the same mistake Auntblabby did, there was an Asian guy named Johnny at the meetup that I totally thought was you, but he said he didn't have a WP account, so I was very confused... Hopefully you'll be able to make it out to the picnic this Sunday at Golden Gardens; if you do, I'll be the bearded guy wielding the gigantic home-made grill. Seriously, it's built out of the bottom of a big metal buoy with some pipe legs welded to it and a piece of allthread in the center to support the grate, it's pretty awesome.

- Rick Sanchez

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 3:03 am

Details for the picnic, we're going to be at tables 18 and 19 from 3pm on Sunday the 4th, hopefully I'll get to put some new names and faces together.

- Rick Sanchez

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 10:32 pm

Anybody new in here from these areas?

mrquestor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Oct 2013, 12:45 pm

sure, im in vancouver BC

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 5:33 pm

I just moved to Spokane, I think that's considered the Pacific Northwest?