Page 31 of 75 [ 1198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 75  Next

Eternally
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Mar 2011, 1:11 pm

My name is Erlend and from Norway studying game design, no not the just the plain old game design we learn allot of other varied things. I'm also really interested in Cosmology. I really like vocal trance allot also.

Last edited by Eternally on 21 Mar 2011, 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eternally

21 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Hey everybody. I'm 22, male, from Montreal. I'm a college student and I work a couple of part time jobs from home in addition to a crappy full time job I travel to. I speak English and French, and I dabble in German and a few of the latin languages. I'm a pretty content person and am always happy to listen and be good friend or offer constructive advice. I am very interested by history, anthropology, evolutionary history, astronomy/cosmology, geography, sustainability and several other topics. I love the outdoors. I play several instruments and I also love to read and write. I'm a fairly solitary person but I do value human contact and despite my innate aspie-ness I think I am very compassionate. I haven't lived that easy of a life because of my eccentricities, and I decided the best way to cope is to look past that and be the change I want in myself. If anyone wants to chat about anything, no matter how random, I'm here

You must really like cosmology allot, you should check out The Universe series damn thats a mind-blowing series. And also the books of Michio Kaku, Parallel Worlds, and Physics Of The Impossible. Canada is my dream place where I want to work, defiantly in Toronto.

Eternally

21 Mar 2011, 1:25 pm

rabbit90 wrote:
Ahhh I haven't been on this website in so long, it feels weird coming back.

I've never really had any friends. I don't think I really want them, but it is nice to talk to people, I enjoy talking, it's just it never leads anywhere.

I don't know why I am posting on here......le sigh

I defiantly know this feeling sometimes I also ask myself why the f**k I still care about trying to make friends but its probably because I want to try a change in my life, I was diagnosed with asperger at the age of 16 and fell out of high school and went threw pretty roff time. And now I'm studying game design in Norway.

And after my first year that is almost over I still don't have any real friends well maybe 1 or to I consider my friends but I don't know if they do thow.

d510g1c
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Mar 2011, 6:02 pm

im 23 an aspie of course looking for other aspies to pm and learn from each other...live in NC don't like it here and looking for a way out. learned alot reading various books but would like to get to know others and how they cope with certain things!! !

an ASPIE

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 8:21 pm

d510g1c wrote:
im 23 an aspie of course looking for other aspies to pm and learn from each other...live in NC don't like it here and looking for a way out. learned alot reading various books but would like to get to know others and how they cope with certain things!! !

pm sent

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 1:29 am

Forty somethin' year old ......n you'd never know it
just figured it out.......Im from the wrong planet
tired of treated different 'cause who I am
only recently had my .....Oh thats...what? dam!
tired of mean people ...the ones who dont care
I want to get..even..n be treated fair
but I cant and wont... go there

heres a thought.... that I leave you to .....
.screw with me . I'll nail the crap outta you
. for you have left me nothing else but...to.. do

and dont even try to go back now.......
....Boo!! !! !.......look whose here

Basil
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2011, 3:48 pm

Hey, everyone.

I'm Basil. I am 19 years old and live in the Toledo, OH area. I'm in college for a History major to, one day, become a history professor and teach every student history and the importance of learning it.

I've came onto Wrong Planet years ago, but never got active with other stuff going on. But I'm on here now to meet new people with Asperger's like me and, if it does happen to happen, meet a nice girl around my age and "talk". ;)

goldiemarie
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2011, 8:20 am

Quote:
d510g1c wrote:
im 23 an aspie of course looking for other aspies to pm and learn from each other...live in NC don't like it here and looking for a way out. learned alot reading various books but would like to get to know others and how they cope with certain things!! ![/quote

Where in NC...I live in Durham. It's better than Ohio, although I can't stand the heat!

Last edited by goldiemarie on 27 Mar 2011, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldiemarie
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2011, 8:23 am

Quote:
Basil wrote:
Hey, everyone.

I'm Basil. I am 19 years old and live in the Toledo, OH area. I'm in college for a History major to, one day, become a history professor and teach every student history and the importance of learning it.

I've came onto Wrong Planet years ago, but never got active with other stuff going on. But I'm on here now to meet new people with Asperger's like me and, if it does happen to happen, meet a nice girl around my age and "talk". ;)

OMG...Toledo, eh? You didn't happen to graduate from Bowsher, did you? That's where my husband graduated from! We met at UT. He graduated in 2004, and I graduated in 2005. His brother graduated from Bowsher in 2003 I think? I suggest getting involved in Toledo Campus Ministry or any other religious organization on campus. MANY people meet their future spouse's there :D .

butterflygirl2
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2011, 12:42 am

Hi

I'm Shelly pretty much selfdignosed but in the process of getting the 'official' diagnoses.
I am 21 from Australia into movies music, arts and crafts and many other things would like to chat to other aspie girls and guys.

mhm
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2011, 9:58 am

Hobbies: Going on the internet (I live half of my life online), walking, drumming (badly), political activism, investing.
Interests: Music, Politics, Computers, anything East German?
When were you diagnosed? About 11
Favorite music: A bit of everything... Mainly rock - indie, metal, prog, classic rock, also some classical and folk, some electronic music.
Books: I read mainly non-fiction, but anything by Michael Crichton is good.
TV shows/movies: Don't watch much television, my favourite movie is Good Bye Lenin, I prefer German cinema.
Clothing: Casual
Job: Unemployed :(
Plans for the future? To get a job

Any comments? Would like to meet other UK people to maybe meet up sometime. But online and long distance penpals is good too, just PM me for my MSN ID.

Guilliman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2011, 12:49 pm

Hi, my name's Tommy, I live in Belgium (yes, the land of chocolate, but we're really not made from it!). I'm 23 years old, and am still undiagnosed atm, getting tested in about 4 weeks. I'm a student, I restarted school after quitting 5 years ago due to severe depression. Currently finishing basic "17-18y old" level, however it's called in your country. Planning to continue studying and have some desire to end up in particle physics. Though, nothing is ever set in stone. We'll see.

I enjoy playing computer games mainly right now, I used to really enjoy collecting and paining warhammer 40k miniatures. Not sure why I stopped, I really liked it. Other then that I enjoy learning about all kinds of stuff, but mainly how things work, from protons, neutrons and electrons to stars and galaxies!

I'm not much of a reader, haven't really felt the desire to read books as I can imagine stuff very intensely, or I used to. Something really changed me at one point, trying to be 'normal' and abandoning everything I am. That changed now since I found out about AS. Anyway, enough about that. Movies! Well I like a lot of movies, it really depends on my mood. I'm not much of an action movie guy, more the deep, psychology, romance and comedy movies that do it for me. Same for music, I tend to listen to whatever plays my mood. I like piano and violins the most in music, so any music with those is always good hehe.

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell (figure of speech :wink: )

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

Since I live in a new town i'm doing this again hopefully with some sort of luck :wink:

Hello my names richard, i'm 30 currently living in santa rosa california. I'm deeply passionate about rocks, sportscards and gemstones and like all sorts of music. i'm intrested in meeting anyone for friendship in my area and are easy to get along with.

i'd make a great friend. 8)

here are some pictures

:pig:

missymisfit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Apr 2011, 3:56 am

Hi

I'm Sam, a 35 year old self-diagnosed Aspie, will get official diagnosis when my NT husband thinks the money is worth it! I've managed to get married and have 3 kids, the eldest of which has recently been diagnosed with AS. I love reading, writing, good films, good food, believe in God but can't do the church thing, too much social pressure. I have a degree in Psychology (apparently a very Aspie thing to do!) and have held a variety of jobs which have all been easy, I just get put off by other people. I definitely can't manage a job, a home and children! I have a few 'friends' I see occasionally, but it's very superficial and I'm not sure how long they'll last. I can make acquaintances if I put a lot of effort in but but because it all comes to nothing for my effort, I can't really see the point. Not having the 'mysterious' thing which NT's have, I seem to disappoint people. But when watching my husband with people, he doesn't have to say much, he just laughs or responds like I think I do and he gets a lot of social 'affection' for seemingly not doing very much. He says he doesn't know what he does, it's what he's always done! Bit nervous of being on here, but would really love to make some online friends, I find reading this site really uplifting and I hope I can encourage others too. Hope to hear from someone soon! x

Chamber
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2011, 7:41 am

Wow Sam, you sound just like me. Maybe we can be pen pals or whatever you call it?
My name is Danielle, 33 yo mom of 2 boys, the oldest just got/is getting diagnosed and me husband and I realized that we have the "same thing" and then looking up the traits of a female Aspie, it described me perfectly. I took all the tests, it's all pretty clear. I am the cheap one so don't want to waste the $/time on it for me as I don't see the point. I do want to get it for my son though so he can have the right accomodations at school. I still haven't convinced my NT husband to home school which may be the best thing for my son for the next few years. I don't know.
My degree is in electrical/computer engineering but I really love writing and psychology. Math/problem solving is easy and pays the bills so I stick with that for now.
I am going through so many emotions right now with this discovery, I would love to talk to other parents on the spectrum because I am severly turned off to some mothers on some other forums I frequent trying to "fix" it, not letting kids stim, and just general ignorance.

Silverbutterfly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2011, 8:28 am

Hi, I am 30 years old and I live in the U.S.A. I would love to make new aspie friends and I don't care if your a guy or a girl. I am interested in science, gaming, anime, books, and learning new things. Pm me! :)