So how old do you all feel? (socially and physically)

Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cave_canem
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2011, 10:58 pm

b9 wrote:
i do not feel any different from when i was a child yet.

I feel the same way. I often look around and wonder, "Do all of these other people feel like 'adults'? I feel like I have always felt."

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2011, 10:11 pm

I feel old, like 30s or 40s, but socially I only feel like a teenager. I feel like I am about 15 or 16 as well, but actually, most 15 and 16 year olds socialize better than me....

I will be 27 in less than two weeks.

Markmagnum
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2011, 10:51 pm

It really depends. Physically speaking, I'm 22, but when I grow my beard fully out(and started growing one when I was 14) people have been known to think I'm older, like in my late 20s/early 30s. But when I decide to shave my beard, I have a smooth,youthful appearance like many auties, and have been mistaken for a high school student. In fact, one of the reasons I tend to grow a beard is because I look like a giant baby without it. In the city I was born in and currently live, most of the teens go out of town or state for college after graduating high school, and never come back, so the only young people are those that come from our local high school, so I get mistaken for a 16 year old alot.

Socially speaking, I am way behind, I feel like a 15 year old. In high school, I was a little kid in a teenagers body, I didn't even know what sex was until I was 16, and was interested in pokemon,super mario, and other things teens in high school consider little kids stuff. I see all of my colleagues at college are getting ready to go on to having jobs, or entering graduate school, and I honestly feel like I'm not ready, this is going way to fast. I wish I could go back to being a little kid, everything was so much easier then.

Mentally speaking, I feel like I'm 35. I don't drink(only experimented with alcohol a few times, decided I didn't like it) no drugs(my dads a cop),no partying. I tend to be interested in politics,social justice, and stuff most people my age don't care about. I enjoy reading political news magazines and arguing with people on the internet as my idea of fun. Politics, despite being my area of interest, often depresses me and makes me lose faith in humanity, and I am a very cynical person, a stoic if you must call me something.

Emotionally speaking I'm nine. I will read something disturibing or tragic and cry immediately, and am easily excited by very stupid things. I can be very immature at times, and have a juvenal sense of humor. I'm confused

l00p1n
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Apr 2011, 11:11 pm

i'm in my twenties but i can talk better with my grandma better than my parents or people my age... it's weird :(

butterflygirl2
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2011, 12:22 am

I am 21 but have am always picked for younger anywhere between 15 to 17 years old it really gets on my nerves when I am always asked for ID, Socially I feel around 17 or 18.

l00p1n
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Apr 2011, 1:08 am

...but sometimes people told me i'm childish or naive... how can i be both old lady and childish??

CupcakeBelle
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2011, 6:46 pm

hmmmm *stands under smoke detector and thinks*.... at times socially I feel 6 (love my cartoons) other times I feel 50 (cause I don't go out and drink, screw around or get high...yea...never had a DUI so I'm the weird one).

Physically I feel my actual age of 23.

CupcakeBelle
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2011, 6:47 pm

l00p1n wrote:
...but sometimes people told me i'm childish or naive... how can i be both old lady and childish??

I feel your pain. I'm in that boat as well.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 7:44 pm

Socially: age 10
Physically: age 15

sleeny
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2011, 7:50 am

Chronological: 17
social: 10 I can make a short conversation, but not developping a long-term relationship/friendship.
mental: 26
physical: 15 I'm very clumsy.
emotional: 14 I'm learning how to recognize it when I get angry or sad, but I'm still struggling wit it. And I always cry when Iread something sad.

kepheru
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2011, 8:07 am

I'm 19

I look about 16

At times I think I have the mentality of a 10 year old

At other times I think I have the mentality of a 50 year old

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 8:36 am

I am 29 but I look like I am 23. A lot of NT's think that I act like a 22-23 year old which feels good. I don't mind looking young and acting younger than my age.