Is being called weird offensive to you?

Page 5 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 1:21 pm

It doesn't bother me, at all. I am weird. 8)

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

It depends. My bf doesn't mind my wierdness and my friend doesn't mind. He likes my quirks because they consist of loyalty and being honest. I sometimes have issues with talking too loud when I get passionate and being blunt. My quirks don't bother any of them, but it freaked the heck out of the prissy girls in my paralegal class. They found me outright wierd and said things behind my back, but my friend snooped on them and advised me. I could tell they were doing it too anyways because I once overheared them too. If I do something I shouldn't, my friend or my bf would let me know and tell me why.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

24 Aug 2010, 5:39 pm

Being called weird doesn't bother me. One of the greatest most popular comedy musicians rite now is "Weird Al" Yankovic & I'm a big fan of his so I consider being a weird quiet good :P The only time being weird, odd, strange ect bothers me is when people have misconceptions about me & don't like me. Like if someone is talking behind my back & saying that stuff about me to be mean; then I have a problem with it but most times I don't mind

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 9:26 am

Usually, I think it's complimentary. Being weird just means being unusual, and therefore being interesting.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 3:06 pm

Not at all.
*agrees with KaiG*

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2010, 8:14 pm

I barely get called weird by anybody. Sometimes when it happens I either get offended or I just stay calm and point out the weird things other people do.

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2010, 1:00 am

When I was younger, I found it offensive because I wanted to 'fit in' with my peers, but now I don't really care if someone calls me 'weird'.

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 2:44 am

I don't like it, no matter how they mean it. It's not a compliment.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:00 am

Back when I was a kid in school, being called weird made me feel like even more of an outcast than I was. :cry: Today, as an adult in my forties, I know being perceived as weird is part of having Asperger's. I now wear my weirdness as a badge of pride. 8)

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

MicroChip
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2010, 12:57 am

I like being called weird or odd.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 5:27 am

It depends on how it's said. Most people I've met are too polite to point out the obvious and I've been called weird only two times, but the two times it was said, it was said with such hatred that it stung.

Darklinggirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2010, 11:09 am

Weird. Odd. Kooky. Unique. But heavens, never normal. I'm not normal. And never would wish to be.

vikingsteve
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2010, 12:07 pm

Very, it's probably one of the worst things I can be called...

I don't like having AS, and I don't like being reminded I have it. When people call me weird I get very angry, but I won't always show it. Honestly, why don't you just call me a social reject if you think I'm "weird"? Yeah, I guess I am defensive about it, but rightfully so as everyone is deviant in behavior in some area. To call someone weird is extremely shallow, and only exhibits the lack of understanding someone has.

I really don't know why people want to "embrace" their differences, when we as a species are supposed to fit in with the pack. I want to fit in, I want to be like everyone else... I want to be normal. Must be nice not caring what people think of you.

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2010, 1:56 pm

vikingsteve wrote:

I really don't know why people want to "embrace" their differences, when we as a species are supposed to fit in with the pack. I want to fit in, I want to be like everyone else... I want to be normal. Must be nice not caring what people think of you.

We embrace our differences because we have no other choice but to live with it. Would you want to live in a world where everyone is the same? It gets kind of boring anyway.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 2:10 pm

Darklinggirl wrote:
Weird. Odd. Kooky. Unique. But heavens, never normal. I'm not normal. And never would wish to be.

Can I quote that in my signature please? :)

vikingsteve
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2010, 5:04 pm

PHISHA51 wrote:
vikingsteve wrote:

We embrace our differences because we have no other choice but to live with it. Would you want to live in a world where everyone is the same? It gets kind of boring anyway.

I'd love to live in a world where I can fit in with people easily. Anti-conformism is vastly overrated.