Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 3:43 pm

Two months ago, a friend e-mailed me while she was in Iraq and told me that she was going to have a wedding on August 9th when she came back. She had also told me that I was her maid of honor. When she got back, however, she hasn't once told me what design dress she expects me to wear for her wedding or even the full details. In fact, she is being totally evasive about the whole thing by not bothering to call me.

I don't know what I am supposed to wear, the time of the wedding, what street the function is, and where I am supposed to stay or anything. I just feel so left out in the dark and if I confront this girl, she'll fly off the handle at me.

How should I handle this situation?

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 4:10 pm

falling from your lips
like so many stone birds
attempting to take flight
as such are your empty words
falling on deaf ears
they fall and shatter on the floor
even as you begin to speak
i'm turning, walking towards the door

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 4:47 pm

Sounds like she's changed her mind and doesn't have the guts to tell you so she's choosing the piss you off so you won't want to anyway option. Not someone I'd care to stand up for at a wedding. OR maybe her engagements on the rocks and she doesn't know if there will be a wedding. Anyway you look at it you were invited- you have a right to know.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 4:57 pm

Miyah wrote:
Two months ago, a friend e-mailed me while she was in Iraq and told me that she was going to have a wedding on August 9th when she came back. She had also told me that I was her maid of honor. When she got back, however, she hasn't once told me what design dress she expects me to wear for her wedding or even the full details. In fact, she is being totally evasive about the whole thing by not bothering to call me.

I don't know what I am supposed to wear, the time of the wedding, what street the function is, and where I am supposed to stay or anything. I just feel so left out in the dark and if I confront this girl, she'll fly off the handle at me.

How should I handle this situation?

You really will have to talk to her about this. Maid of honor has a prominent place in the wedding and she hasn't even given you a formal invitation that contains all the info you need such as time, place and where to stay. Every guest needs that and the maid of honor needs more (like what to wear). My suspicion is this wedding isn't really going to happen. If it was, and if she really wanted you as maid of honor, you would have a wriiten invitattion in your hands right now and would have been contacted by phone or email about what you needed to do and where you needed to be and when as maid of honor. At the very least, you are supposed to be at the rehearsal dinner. My gut feeling is the wedding has been called off and she is too upset to make the phone calls to all inviolved that she needs to be making. You need to call her even if she flies off the handle. Which she just might do if the wedding has been called off and she is in a very upset mood. But you need to know so call her.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 5:40 pm

She's not even communicating with her own mother about things. I had actually gotten a message on facebook from her mother because I had called her. She then wrote to me by facebook because she couldn't talk by phone due to being at work. Basically, again she doesn't know anything about her daughter's plans. However, the only she knows about it might be a justice of the peace marriage next week.

I am just so offended at this girl that it's not even funny. She's thinking more with her hormones than with her head.

I did send her message on facebook, however telling her that I felt it was unacceptable to make a plan with me like that and then neglect me.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 3:11 am

Just show up wearing this to the wedding and when she asks WTF, tell her the story of what she did to you and how she ignored you and didnt tell you anything. :P

BTW---dont bring the rifle though

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

EL60
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2009, 6:21 am

Tory_canuck wrote:

Just show up wearing this to the wedding and when she asks WTF, tell her the story of what she did to you and how she ignored you and didnt tell you anything. :P

lol like that one Tory_canuck imgane if you did that they would be thinking like is this person homeless or what what a glare look on their faces would be priceless :lol: :lol:

autisticstar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2009, 8:29 am

It sounds like the wedding may have been called off. It does not make sense that someone would be getting married and not talk to their parents about it unless they are estranged or something like that. If she is indeed getting married by a justice of the peace and not having an actual wedding ceremony she could have at least called you or sent you an e-mail saying what was going on. I agree that it is not fair for this girl to leave you hanging like that. If she is too upset to talk she could send you an e-mail saying that the wedding has been called off is that is the case. At this point unless you hear something from her I would assume that she is either not getting married at all or not having a ceremony. If she was in Iraq she and her fiance may have made a hasty decision.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2009, 1:26 am

Tory_canuck wrote:

The .303 is the same gun my grandpa owned. 8)

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!