Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 11:37 pm

Man, I've written a bunch of my friends on facebook. Just sending notes like, "Hey, how are you?" and "What's up," or "Hey, I was thinking of you, thought I'd see how everything was going with you?"

And yet, nothing! Not a single reply.

I would SO LOVE someone to just show interest in me. Honestly, it makes my whole day if someone gives me an unsolicited call (i.e. returning a message). So why is it people just don't seem to care if I'm sending a note? Maybe because they have so many friends, that I don't matter much. Who knows?

Why are aspies regarded as the anti-social types anyways? Because it sure seems like we're trying harder than the rest, and we value the friendships we have more than regular folk.

It's so disheartening, to try and try, and get nothing. Like they don't want what I'm offering.

Anyone else felt this way?

BR

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 12:25 am

I quit facebook many months ago because it was depressing that no one would ever respond back to me (same goes for msn). Recently one friend told me I should come back on and so I did for a bit, but it was the same thing, even that friend wasn't interested in talking to me (and clearly not too busy to respond to just about everyone else and update their statuses with the most banal statements). Whatever, I'm moving on, they clearly don't want to be friends with me.

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2009, 3:06 am

Either they're bothered or they got a whole bunch of notifications after u sent it and didn't see it...
Idk...

MJackson
Raven
Raven

24 Dec 2009, 4:37 pm

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2472732 ... t=#2472732

Here read that...It happens to me too, and it hurts. The best thing is, is to stop writing them because u get hurt less when u stop writing the person.
If u keep writing them ur just making urself frustrated. So write them once and if they don't reply, then dont write them again, and no they are not busy they just don't wanna talk to you. It happens to me and I hate it.

But lately it has not been happening because I found a couple of aspie people on facebook who responds to my messages, and I also talk to a transsexual who always replies. I don't write people I don't know, I don't write women at all, and I don't write people who I suspect or know won't write back.

That's how u stop people from ignoring your messages...Don't write them.
In my life only 1% of the people I knew/know always replies.

U wanna know how much this bothers me?
My mom took me to the psychologist about this issue and he told me that 99% of the world is flaky. His patients don't even write him back.
Granted he is flaky too.

So, yeah, people are just flaky...just write every new person u meet once,and if they don't reply, they are ignoring ur message, and u shouldn't write them again.
And it's not about them being non worthy of ur time, or them being flaky. It's about u not being frustrated. It's about u being happy.

And trust me, I am not the type of person who can just get over someone ignoring me, and I doubt u are too. So the best thing to do is avoid messaging these people. If u have any questions u can write me, ill reply.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 2:54 am

MJackson wrote:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2472732.html&highlight=#2472732

Here read that...It happens to me too, and it hurts. The best thing is, is to stop writing them because u get hurt less when u stop writing the person.
If u keep writing them ur just making urself frustrated. So write them once and if they don't reply, then dont write them again, and no they are not busy they just don't wanna talk to you. It happens to me and I hate it.

But lately it has not been happening because I found a couple of aspie people on facebook who responds to my messages, and I also talk to a transsexual who always replies. I don't write people I don't know, I don't write women at all, and I don't write people who I suspect or know won't write back.

That's how u stop people from ignoring your messages...Don't write them.
In my life only 1% of the people I knew/know always replies.

U wanna know how much this bothers me?
My mom took me to the psychologist about this issue and he told me that 99% of the world is flaky. His patients don't even write him back.
Granted he is flaky too.

So, yeah, people are just flaky...just write every new person u meet once,and if they don't reply, they are ignoring ur message, and u shouldn't write them again.
And it's not about them being non worthy of ur time, or them being flaky. It's about u not being frustrated. It's about u being happy.

And trust me, I am not the type of person who can just get over someone ignoring me, and I doubt u are too. So the best thing to do is avoid messaging these people. If u have any questions u can write me, ill reply.

That's a very good post you made there MJackson.

I too figured out in the past year that if someone doesn't reply to you on Facebook but replies to other people, it means they can't be bothered with you anymore.

And yes, it's best to not post anything to them anymore to avoid getting ignored again and upsetting yourself.

I must say however that Facebook is a good tool to "stalk" mutual contacts' Wall-to-Wall posts, so you can observe how these NTs post online. The majority of it is banal/asinine crap which I would HATE to listen to IRL but it's good fodder for studying.

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2009, 1:06 am

I struggle with this very same thing. It goes beyond Facebook and includes e-mails and sometimes telephone calls.

The person whom I consider my best friend only responds to Facebook comments and e-mails about 50% of the time. At times I take it personally, but other times I also realize that maybe he is busy, hasn't had a chance to check his Facebook or e-mail, or he has expressed to me on a few occasions, he doesn't want to hear about my special interests and obessesions, especially if it isn't something new or earth shattering.

What I find more bothersome is a friend whom is on Facebook and has denied my friend requests and doesn't respond to e-mails or Facebook messages. That alone doesn't bother me, but he was an important person in my childhood, and after the community that he was the mayor of was hit by a devestating flood, I assisted him in setting the groundwork for the community's recovery process. Part of the reason that I was able to do this was the fact that my special interest was how the flood impacted his community,but as part of that I got obessesed with him and wanted to rekindle our friendship. He still talks to me in person when we run into one another, but I think that him friending me on Facebook, we could still chit chat, but it would set a perimeter to the friendship. His ignorance of me turned me kind of off to Facebook.

The only advice I can offer is if you know a person IRL well enough, ask them why they don't respond to your Facebook messages. Most people, if you know them well enough will apologize for this.

Also, if you do send someone a message on Facebook, keep the message short and sweet. If you keep a message short instead of writing a book, people are more likely to respond.

If people don't respond after repeated requests, I do agree to leave them alone on Facebook. There may be a variety of reasons why they don't respond.

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2009, 1:07 am

I struggle with this very same thing. It goes beyond Facebook and includes e-mails and sometimes telephone calls.

The person whom I consider my best friend only responds to Facebook comments and e-mails about 50% of the time. At times I take it personally, but other times I also realize that maybe he is busy, hasn't had a chance to check his Facebook or e-mail, or he has expressed to me on a few occasions, he doesn't want to hear about my special interests and obessesions, especially if it isn't something new or earth shattering.

What I find more bothersome is a friend whom is on Facebook and has denied my friend requests and doesn't respond to e-mails or Facebook messages. That alone doesn't bother me, but he was an important person in my childhood, and after the community that he was the mayor of was hit by a devestating flood, I assisted him in setting the groundwork for the community's recovery process. Part of the reason that I was able to do this was the fact that my special interest was how the flood impacted his community,but as part of that I got obessesed with him and wanted to rekindle our friendship. He still talks to me in person when we run into one another, but I think that him friending me on Facebook, we could still chit chat, but it would set a perimeter to the friendship. His ignorance of me turned me kind of off to Facebook.

The only advice I can offer is if you know a person IRL well enough, ask them why they don't respond to your Facebook messages. Most people, if you know them well enough will apologize for this.

Also, if you do send someone a message on Facebook, keep the message short and sweet. If you keep a message short instead of writing a book, people are more likely to respond.

If people don't respond after repeated requests, I do agree to leave them alone on Facebook. There may be a variety of reasons why they don't respond.

MJackson
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2009, 2:59 am

I just got ignored on chat right now by some girl in my class who i talk to....hahahaha...f**k her

slashfrehley42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2010, 8:19 pm

MJackson wrote:
I just got ignored on chat right now by some girl in my class who i talk to....hahahaha...f**k her

who needs them anyway?

Power to you.