What's your longest time (if one) without any friends?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

If you haven't, how long have you not had any friends?
Poll ended at 23 Mar 2006, 3:44 pm
1 month or less 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 month or less 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2-6 months 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
2-6 months 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
7-12 months 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
7-12 months 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
1-2 years 13%  13%  [ 6 ]
1-2 years 13%  13%  [ 6 ]
Even longer... 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Even longer... 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 46

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 3:44 pm

I had no real friends for an entire year, from September 2004 to September 2005. Mainly because our school has 2 sites (but a new one is being built) and I was in the first one (for years 7 and 8 ) while two AS boys were in the other one (for years 9 to 12 (I think)).

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:31 am

How do you define "friends"?

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:57 am

I define a friend as someone who has similar interests to me, and who I enjoy talking to. Also, a friend is a very honest person.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 7:27 am

I haven't had a single friend for almost 2 years. Before that, I only had 1 friend. Several years ago I had 2, but one of them moved away.

But I'm actually getting by just fine

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 7:36 am

I had a long period in my late twenties when I had no friends, saw no-one, only did casual work, so never really got to know people. I didn't like it at the time, but I'm a lot older now and I sort of prefer being somewhat friendless - close relationships are too complicated for me. I have a few acquaintances now and I don't think I want those relationships to progress any closer. I like a bit of distance from people and their problems and their resentments.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

26 Feb 2006, 11:11 am

Nearly nine months and counting.

Well, not counting the friends I retain from my old home whom I only get to talk to on IM.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 12:27 pm

I typically go without friends every summer, every year. This constitutes about 2-3 months I think. This going without friends means absolutely no contact with anyone that I am friends with. It is an interesting ritual and one I sort of like, however, my parents don't like me being at home for the summer.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 5:14 am

If you count people you've never met, but talked with on the internet, then I've always had friends. RL-wise, I didn't have one for 3 years. Then my brothers got me started on the clubbing scene, had friends for about a year, but now that they've basically stopped I haven't had one for the past 9 months.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 5:17 am

I've only had 2 close friends offline until early this year, however the longest I have been without offline friends was three to three and half years.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 10:25 am

I've gone for two years without having any friends. My Elementary School Friend was refusing to "Grow Up" and It took my two years to really get to know the other Members at my Clubhouse. Now I have quite a few friends and aquaitences. I used to be jealous of my Sister, because she had about 20 Friends. That was stupid of me. She's gone to four Weddings in one Summer and she had to buy a Bride's Maid Dress for each Wedding. That's when I've quit the Jealousy Dance.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 9:20 pm

I never really had friends per se before I was 13, although I had a few scattered at school, particularly in earlier grades. I didn't really have any desire for friends when I was 9 or 10, but the time that sticks out was from February to September in the year that I was 13. The limited friends I had at the time all dumped me since I was too annoying and strange, and it was a harsh time until I started the new school year and met a couple new people. :D

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 11:51 pm

1983 to 1989: Nearly six years from my first exposure to other peers till third grade
1992 to 1997: Junior high school up to my senior year in high school.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2006, 1:25 pm

I did not have what I'd call "friends" until Jr. High school. None in high school, but a few drop-out or adult buddies in late high school. At least I thought they were my friends but that depends on the definition of friendship. I was not interested in friends as a young child but would play with those who forced themselves on me. For some reason, I was perfectly stagnant until someone started me up and made me do something. They didn't really make me, but I just was very obedient and did what I thought was expected. (sort of) I don't really remember communicating or playing when I was young. For some reason, Jr. High was the most free and fun time of my life. This is supposed to be the worst time in childhood. Go figure.

As an adult, I went for 6 years with no friends, except my mentor with whom I communicated by phone. I did not really want any either, but eventually a few people broke into my life and now I'm glad about it, but I've always been a reluctant friend. I'm not disinterested in others but basically just don't think about them. Also, I get so engrossed in my daily life and the things that I have to accomplish that I don't think about extra relationships. Keeping up with my immediate family is hard enough!

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 5:49 pm

I would have to say 1996 (graduation from university) until 2001 (when I started to attend church). Since then I have always been blessed with friends, all purely through church, and I know there'll never be a time where I'm friendless again.

God places the lonely into families.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 9:14 pm

I'd have to say even longer than 2 yrs because I've lived in this town now for almost 6 yrs and I've still not really found anyone to make a connection as friends with and haven't really made the effort.

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Mar 2006, 3:41 pm

You dare ask me how about 23 years all my life. I mean one short term one with troublmaker. But basically 23 years. Pstd hurts. It frusturateds me I have more skills than most aspie yet I can't use them. Must have been observation cause it seems so logical. There is not much point in being alive I know it might not go away pstd. I Wished I had normal parents. That would have helped tremendously. I would not have lost the two girls at ounce opportunity. I might die of cancer anyway even though I have 2 years left of 5 to say I am curied. :evil: :P :twisted: :P 8) these avitar are so gay. I only used them cause they are funny to look at.