Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Cowgirlchic23
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Apr 2006, 10:01 pm

:cry:

Another relationship bites the dust, I am at the point now where I feel like it isn't worth having any relationships with anyone anymore because all that happens the people turn their backs on me. First it was my Aunt Tami and Uncle Jim, then my cousin Kaylin, my friend Maggi, and now Lori and Manuel. I am so distraught over losing Lori and Manuel that I can't even see straight, my stomach is in knots and I am depressed most of the time now. How do you cope??? Do any of you know how to rebuild a broken relationship or get the people to understand you and things that you say or do?

They don't understand me, they just think I am immature and a smart-ass, and what not. When it's not even true. Lori thinks I back-talk all the time, Manuel always says I'm, "PISSY", and Lori and him both say I am defensive. But they just don't understand me, they don't understand Asperger's. I don't mean to be pissy, I don't intentionally act immature, I'm not a smart-mouth by choice. I can't tell when someone is just teasing me or if they are being serious. Sometimes I have a hard time getting things out and they just come out wrong, I don't mean to be defensive, it's only fearfulness. I was bullied all my life pysically and verbally. I am so lost!! !!

sc
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2006, 10:18 pm

That is very unfortunate that you lost a friend.

moomin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2006, 4:59 am

i find the best way to keep friends is to keep them at a distance. I literally have 5 friends. One i see every few months, 3 i see maybe once a week/every 2 weeks and the last 1 i see a bit more regularly but he's becoming possibly a boyfriend. I find having friends kept at a distance is best, because i have enough time to myself and i'm relaxed and happy when i see them.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 1:00 pm

I'm very sorry to hear that!

I hope things improve with you!

Iammeandnooneelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2006, 9:13 am

Perhaps they're acting like this because they don't want to admit ignorance? Perhaps you could obtain a leaflet of some sort (or maybe, write one) and let them know you hope it'll help them to understand you.

ratlady
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2006, 1:08 am

I'm so sorry, Cowgirl, I know how painful losing a friend can be. I recently lost someone I had felt close to and believed I could trust, so the betrayal still feels fresh for me. My family never took the time to understand me either, so they're not in the picture. I'd like to offer words to help but I don't know if there are any. :(

I sort of relate to what moomin said - the friends I've had the longest are long-distance ones. I try not to think about that too much, that people I see often don't want to know me long, and just be grateful for the kindness of friends who happen to live out of state. It's not the same as having someone local I could meet for tea, but it helps me believe I'm not completely unworthy.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2006, 9:57 pm

On December 9th, 2005. :cry: