Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 11:18 am

I've asked three friends to the movies, and only one has even gotten back to me, declining.

This is so discouraging! I'm sick of going out alone, yet when I try, most of the time people just say no. It makes you wonder why. Like they've got better things to do, or don't want to be with me.

It hurts to know you're not wanted...

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 11:55 am

You've never turned down an invitation to go somewhere just because you really weren't in the mood to go?

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 12:32 pm

Just keep trying sometime it will work out. There were many times in my life that I couldn´t go out with friends beacuse of minor incidents.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 2:33 pm

Willard wrote:
You've never turned down an invitation to go somewhere just because you really weren't in the mood to go?

Yeah, if it were one, I could believe that. Two, that's possible. Three is a bit suspect.

Another time I did an experiment...I called ten friends, just to say "hi" and not one called me back.

Spyral
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Aug 2010, 11:05 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
I've asked three friends to the movies, and only one has even gotten back to me, declining.

This is so discouraging! I'm sick of going out alone, yet when I try, most of the time people just say no. It makes you wonder why. Like they've got better things to do, or don't want to be with me.

It hurts to know you're not wanted...

Frustrating to always be the one making plans. Like even if people accept, I still feel unwanted because I had to be the initiator. Occasionally would be OK, but all the time gets a little old. But I'm not really confident enough to go out by myself yet. Maybe something to work on.

(I'd go to the movies with you...)