Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

sfm3.14159
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Aug 2016, 11:11 am

Hi guys,

each time during holidays (which are now) I realise how insubstantial my life is. I spend most of the day in my room infront of my computer, sometimes doing some science stuff or working on my roboter. Although these are things I really enjoy doing it's so hard to see everyone else having fun, playing football / social games and just enjoy living without any purpose. Since I was diagnosed with ADHD as well as ASD this year I know that the way I feel and see the world isn't just a phase. First I felt happy to finally understand where all my problems were coming from.. but now I feel quit depressed knowing that this will last a lifetime. I've always wanted to be like everybody else but once I try to do stuff that others do it just doesn't feel the way I expected it to. It just makes me feel exhausted, sad and confused. I find it really hard to be happy in life and to build a sable life. Also I struggle with finding friends because I rearely find people who enjoy the same things I do. I think it's very important that I find a way to get a life and be happy but I just don't know how. Maybe you have some advice for me..

thx

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Aug 2016, 11:19 am

Find out what your interests and passions are, and find like minded groups of people who enjoy the same things.

Having aspergers means its harder to do sports, so that already is a bit of a barrier. You could look for sports that don't require much hand eye coordination, such as CC or Track.

You have to be good at it or work at it though, whatever it is.

I did plenty of activities in high school. Speech team, band,CC. I was well liked (enough) by the people I did things with, but I wasn't able to make close friends, in some ways because I wasn't competive with any of them. I did not "work" at them or "Do" them in the sense that many of the others did.

It was almost as if I just kind of "drifted" or "sailed" along. It just would have been more fulfilling if I were more intentional about it, and payed more attention to the activity itself.

It does sound tough, but I believe it is the only option "our kind" have to a fulfilling and happy life.

I experienced boredom like you and have gotten into my fair share of trouble. The internet is poision btw, and Id moderate usage of it to the extent you can (Except for sites like wp! :wink: )