An old contact from the past trying to re-add me on facebook

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 12:28 pm

I had recently gotten an invite to re-add a girl who I used to do things with sometimes about 8 years ago. However, whenever she would want to get together, I would often get kicked and ignored me if she saw someone else who she seemed to get along with the other person who floated her boat. I also felt like she would whine and throw tantrums if things were not her way and it honestly drove myself nuts. For instance, I invited her over for a sleep over during New Year's Eve in 2002 and all she did was pay attention to my younger sister and use her room to spend the night in rather than mine. She also pouted because we had some helium baloons and someone popped them because someone popped one over her head in school one time. She had also seemed to care more about herself in going to see another movie, while my sister and I expressed full interest in seeing a particular film and so we went to different movies all together.

As for contacting me at all, this young woman only seems to call me whenever it's been convienient got her whenever she wanted some form of sympathy out of me. I would also try to tell her that she wasn't a good friend, and she would blow up at me and leave childish messages that I was the one who was not being a friend and everything was my fault. She also would whine about not finding a job and then she would get one it would be too hard for her. She had also been to several different colleges and kept dropping out because the schoolwork was too hard or the classes where too blended and she she struggled and then went onto another school. So I finally sent her a message on facebook and told her that I didn't associate with whiners and quitters and that she was both of those items. She again called me and shouted, "I am sick of your crap and if you try to contact me again, I will call the police." Meanwhile, I had tried calling her back to talk to her but she picked up the phone and hung it up again.

We hadn't spoken in a whole year but I had recently gotten the invite from her on FB but I turned it down and sent her a message stating that it wasn't a good idea since we did more fighting than actually being friends. I also mentioned that I felt like I could never tell her what was bothering me without her acting like a 12-year-old and yelling things over my voice mail.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 12:43 pm

It's entirely your call Miyah; there's no right or wrong etiquette on facebook (short of sending her an abusive PM or something full of expletives, which you didn't).

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 1:56 pm

Lene wrote:
It's entirely your call Miyah; there's no right or wrong etiquette on facebook (short of sending her an abusive PM or something full of expletives, which you didn't).

That is sort of my feeling as well when it comes to this young girl with a developmental disability who is 28 like my but she still acts like she is about 12 years old with a very bad temper. That is one reason alone why I do not wish to re-add her as a contact to my list for that reason alone. She had also recently dropped out of a 4-year college and kept whining how hard it was due to being in a blended class. Why I had even suggesting that she could take some classes online but she whined about how hard that was which pushed me over the edge and I just got tired of listening to her talking about dropping out of everything due to the face that she does not like to work and spends all of her time goofing off with friends.