Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

whatsthepoint
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Oct 2010, 10:27 pm

ever since i was little i felt different
as in grade 1 i could not 'read or write they put in a class for dyslectic people
grade 2 they said i had adhd so people called me dumb and moron
grade 3 i was good at math but i wasn't good at reading or writing which set me back in all subjects
i never fitted in i was always the person that shunned everywhere i go in my family school anywhere
i dont know why im starting to do well in school but since i didn't learn alot of stuff they put me in lower classes and all the kids say why are you so dumb i get good grades in those classes but i dont know i just wana die
i cant make friends cuz people think im dumb or crazy so no even comes near me
im in grade 11 but im taking all grade 10 classes so i cant pass high school ill be held back 1 year people will think even less of me then what should i do?

SuperApsie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2010, 11:08 pm

Your original post was a bit different but related to the same problem I think, loneliness

I had a long and complicated relationship with loneliness.

At first I hated it, she was responsible for all my problems, I wanted to get rid of her but I did not know how. One day, a guy had problems at school in a course I was good at, he asked me if I would help him at my home. I did not especially liked or disliked him, and I agreed. I was very annoyed that he would come to my home, but the idea to help him, as I was seeing exactly what he did not understood, was stronger.
He came more and more often, the moment when I was working with him was bearable I forced myself to follow some standards to make myself more welcoming, and I always felt a great sense of relief when he left each time. I was happy to be alone again, and at the very same time I felt happy to have finished my homework without forcing me to do so, and by helping somebody, by feeling useful.

At the same time I did not like people, but I needed them as it seemed to be the "normal way", I needed do be like others. I felt that trading a piece of my safe corner ( I should say:a lot of discomfort for a short period of time I was not scheduling) for the pleasure of the reward of helping someone, was a good deal. Finally I found, by chance, a way to get rid of that damn loneliness.

He was coming and coming, I was confident in my understanding and knowledge of the topic of the course, and when I did not succeed to explain to him something I tried and tried again up to the point my explanation became wacky. After some time, he started to discuss about other things than the course we were working on. I suppose today, he had found a way to help me in return even if he never said so, maybe he did not even realize so.

This was the first spark, the following years, I met more and more people, to the point it became completely insane for my own standards (tons of parties, unknown people always sleeping in my dorm...) I traded more and more for my space and my time against the pleasure of giving pleasure. I did completely forgot about loneliness, it only became some moments when I liked to be alone.

This is my first part, I think the most important one for you of how I have dealt with loneliness in the first round. The second part is how I reconciled with her, maybe I will tell you the story...

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 5:03 am

For the most part, the math center of the brain is located in the same hemisphere is the reading and writing center of the brain.

This is why people are usually either good at one or another. They compete for space.

If you have reading and writing issues and are lagging behind in school, it probably has a lot to do with the fact that most information is in written form, and you have trouble inputing the information in that form.

Once it's in your head, your brain may process it just fine.

I know a lot of highschoolers can be d!cks, but trust me, some of them aren't. Don't assume that just because you were held back a year, no one is open to being your friend. Make more of an effort to socialize. This is probably best done through a club at school.

whatsthepoint
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Oct 2010, 8:47 am

well umm i get it but my parents too theyre like get a good job and stuff it would break their hearts if they found out i was being held back a year what college would wanna take me then. in this world we live in if your not good in reading and writing from the start you will shunned by other students and family members. on top of all that my 1 of my friends doesn't even know im taking grade 10 classes and i cant tell her cuz well its to embarrassing. my parents dont even know im taking grade 10 classes in grade 11