Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:46 am

There's this chick I knew at work a few years back, I'm not sure if she was into me or not, but she would follow me around a lot at the store. I guess we were friends. I recently contacted her on MySpace after she had left town for a while. She asked for my number. Even when I said I had to be at work shortly, she called me immediately. You could tell it in her voice she was excited to hear from me.

After that night that she first called me, she began calling me several times a day, including it being the first thing she did when she woke up. It started causing trouble for me as I work night shifts and it was keeping me up. One day she called and woke me up again, and while half asleep, I asked her why she kept calling me so much, and she got pissed and hung up on me. I got on MySpace and asked her why is it that she keeps calling me so much especially as she had a boyfriend and there wasn't anything between us (I liked her a lot but I didn't know how she felt, nor did I have the balls to bring it up, so I lied). Obviously I wouldn't have done any of this if I had been decently rested. She replied and basically said, "I you don't wanna be friends then fine. I deleted your number from my phone. Have a nice life." I tried to explain but she wouldn't hear it.

She ended up calling me for support a couple days later when she needed support after she found out her grandfather was dying. I missed the call, but she left a voicemail in which she confessed that she didn't delete my number after all. We talked on the phone once after this and that was it. Any other time after this that I would message her in chat, she'd not be extremely responsive, giving me the "one word replies." I hadn't talked to her for a couple months after words.

Today I ended up apologizing to her, I felt bad about what I had said and I didn't want to let the negativity between us continue and that I appreciated her friendship and didn't want to f**k that up over a lack of sleep, and her reply was simply, "dude, it's whatever." If she's basically telling me to drop it, is that it? Will she eventually forgive me in time (which I highly doubt as I know damn good and well what I did wrong), or will I never be able to speak to her again?

I would have apologized a long time ago, but I've been told to not apologize because she will think I am weak and that it'd be harder to forgive me than if I had acted like nothing happened.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 1:17 am

She was probably just disappointed. I think you'll hear from her again.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 2:49 am

f**k dramatic women. Seriously it's ret*d to fly off the handle, say things you don't mean, make threats you have no intention of being put into action.

Don't worry about it, what she said is how you should feel about her right now "dude it's whatever'!

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 5:33 am

^ Absolutely.I think losing contact with her could be a blessing in disguise. She sounds like she was fishing for a relationship. Yes, even if she was still with another guy. Some people will set up the next relationship before they leave the present one. The reason that I think it could be a blessing in disguise is she sounds like a royal pain in the ass to be involved with. A drama queen with no regard for other people's needs.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 6:49 am

Aimless wrote:
^ Absolutely.I think losing contact with her could be a blessing in disguise. She sounds like she was fishing for a relationship. Yes, even if she was still with another guy. Some people will set up the next relationship before they leave the present one.

Actually, I already know about this. She does have this habit. Never used to. But I do know she's had quite a few too many relationship problems and since she left town 2+ years ago she's ended up quite desperate because of this. I don't know what causes her desperation, but I do know her past history as a "sweet but lonely dork" from a friend of mine who used to date her (and dumped her). I've also met her mother once, who ignored my existence and seemed to be the type to keep her daughter (and other kids) quite sheltered.

Either way, its not to be used as an excuse for her behavior in her love life. I do feel sympathy for her although not enough to still want her as something more than a friend.

Last edited by CowboyFromHell on 08 Oct 2010, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 7:00 am

CowboyFromHell wrote:
Aimless wrote:
^ Absolutely.I think losing contact with her could be a blessing in disguise. She sounds like she was fishing for a relationship. Yes, even if she was still with another guy. Some people will set up the next relationship before they leave the present one.

Actually, I already know about this. She does have this habit. Never used to. But I do know she's had quite a few too many relationship problems and since she left town 2+ years ago she's ended up quite desperate because of this. I don't know what causes her desperation, but I do know her past history as a "sweet but lonely dork" from a friend of mine who used to date her (and dumped her). I've also met her mother once, who ignored my existence and seemed to be the type to keep her daughter (and other kids) quite sheltered.

Either way, its not to be used as an excuse for her behavior in her love life. I do feel sympathy for her although not enough to still want her as something more than a friend.

I think "Dude, it's whatever" is code for " I see you didn't get my game plan so let's drop it"

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 7:46 am

Aimless wrote:
CowboyFromHell wrote:
Aimless wrote:

I think "Dude, it's whatever" is code for " I see you didn't get my game plan so let's drop it"

Actually I know, which is why I made the thread wondering about whether she'd forgive me in the future. And she did forgive me, but I'm done with her. She has other issues going on and... well, yeah.

Last edited by CowboyFromHell on 08 Oct 2010, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 7:59 am

CowboyFromHell wrote:
Aimless wrote:
CowboyFromHell wrote:
Aimless wrote:

Actually I know, which is why I made the thread wondering about whether she'd forgive me in the future. And she did forgive me, but I'm done with her. She has other issues going on and... well, yeah.

I'm sorry. I usually read too fast and miss content. It's aggravating but I can't seem to stop myself.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 8:00 am

Aimless wrote:
CowboyFromHell wrote:
Aimless wrote:
CowboyFromHell wrote:
Aimless wrote:

I'm sorry. I usually read too fast and miss content. It's aggravating but I can't seem to stop myself.

It's cool man, don't worry bout it. I should have implied that I did, because the title and content itself is written in a way that makes it look like I'm asking what the phrase meant. Would change the title now but the thread is concluded. And thanks for the heads up btw.