Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 6:40 pm

why would I want to stay glued to a social networking site waiting for someone I'm hoping to be friends with to write me even two words?

I've been fine for thirty some years without a friend, why am I trying now?

OH! and those that do want to be my friend are low-life alcoholic druggies who abandon their kids!

RaquiGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2010, 7:06 pm

It sounds like you don't want to "stay glued... waiting", so don't. I have no idea why you are trying now, unless the truth is that you haven't actually been fine at all. And if you limit your potential friends to low-life alcoholics who abandon their kids, that's what you'll get.

As for me, I don't expect friends from social networking sites. They create a false sense of intimacy that tends to be dangerous or at least ultimately destructive. I have not been fine without many friends for thirty some-odd years, which is why I'm trying. And I don't have kids and I don't drink, but I tend to attract those types of low-lifes because I have a poor BS detector. I have to ask for NT help with that, but when I do I'm much better off than trying to figure that out on my own. I've been through enough pain and heartache to try to do that one on my own.

Sorry you seem to be hurting. That sucks.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 7:19 pm

well, he's a friend of my wife's and he lives in my immediate area so I thought we could be pals. Not looking good.

And the low-lives I speak of; we had some kind of relationship in the past like being a foster sibling. Kind of "friends by default". Since foster care, we've taken divergent paths.

I feel like someone who's desperate for a boy/girlfriend sitting by the phone after giving someone their number. Worse yet, the feeling of your heart skipping a beat because the phone rings. I feel similar when I have a personal message or new friend request.

RaquiGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2010, 7:28 pm

Only another lonely heart could recognize that feeling, and I do. I'm lucky to have my fiancé, but since I moved to a new town four years ago, I've had a REALLY hard time making new friends, so I get that. I keep barking up the wrong tree too. Yuck.