Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

autisticstar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2010, 8:53 am

I have an aunt and a cousin who live in the same town that I live in. I was invited over to my aunt and cousin's house a few times and things seemed to go O.K. But my cousin refuses to speak to me on the telephone at all, claming that she's "not a telephone person". This is nonsense since she has to talk on the phone all day at work and she certainly had no problem calling other family members about details for my recent wedding. She will not answer my e-mails or my private messages on Facebook. The strange thing is that I talked to my aunt on the phone and she said that they hoped that I would ask them over to my new place. I asked if I offended them in any way and she said that they were not angry or offended. This just makes no sense. She claims that she loves me on the telephone but this all seems so phony to me. I almost wish that she would just get it over with and tell me that she doesn't want me in her life. Has anyone else experienced things like this with family members?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 2:25 pm

autisticstar wrote:
I have an aunt and a cousin who live in the same town that I live in. I was invited over to my aunt and cousin's house a few times and things seemed to go O.K. But my cousin refuses to speak to me on the telephone at all, claming that she's "not a telephone person". This is nonsense since she has to talk on the phone all day at work and she certainly had no problem calling other family members about details for my recent wedding. She will not answer my e-mails or my private messages on Facebook. The strange thing is that I talked to my aunt on the phone and she said that they hoped that I would ask them over to my new place. I asked if I offended them in any way and she said that they were not angry or offended. This just makes no sense. She claims that she loves me on the telephone but this all seems so phony to me. I almost wish that she would just get it over with and tell me that she doesn't want me in her life. Has anyone else experienced things like this with family members?

I suppose one could root out some seemingly logical reason in which it really has nothing to do with having issues with you...

However I'm inclined to think your intuition on the matter might be correct.