Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 8:41 am

One problem of mine. I would like to share my bullying that has been going on for most of my school life.

I'm 14 and its the 6 weeks holidays for me :D and I'm relieved I'm away from school.

People have made remarks about me and have immediately judged me as a nerd, geek and/or freak or ret*d. I have been seen as an outcast since I was about 8 or 9. Thats when the bullying started. I am not feeling suicidal I am just fed up with the incredible amount of bullying I've had. Name calling, verbal and physical abuse, pranks and very out of order jokes. I have done nothing and kept a low profile in primary school and secondary school. I have never aggravated anyone and naturally tried to fit in, but usually this never works. I'm glad I have a friend and 1 only close friend whos accepted me of who I am. See, he knows I'm an aspie and accepts this fact, because he as an autistic brother. I just want everyone else to accept my personality and my habits (like rolling my eyes or laughing at people's misfortunes). The bullying was the main part of my stress I had. I had an over exxagerated amount of stress which has made me to gradually snap and now I'm in over exaggerated depression where I have sunk low. Not too low as I still has my sense of humor though.

I wish this kind of crap should never happen to me considering I get enough bad luck as it is.

Bullying has existed in my world and my life and I'm used to it though. :(

Anybody like this or has been in this same or similar situation?

This way I know I'm not the only one.

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 1:38 pm

yeah, I've been there. For me it started when I was 11, when I was 14 I was sent to boarding school, my teacher bullied me and two of the girls in my class also bullied me. When school was over I wasn't safe, the two girls also stayed in the boarding school. I made friends with a boy who was living at home for the sole reason to sit in his room and read while his mom brought us milk and cookies. There I felt safe.

The awfull thing is when you're an adult the bullying continues if you're not carefull to choose whom you work or live with.

But it does get better when you grow up, much better, you can choose where you want to be and who you want to be with.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 1:48 pm

thanks for the optimism Corcovado. At least I'm not the only one.

Morphia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2006, 4:15 am

I was bullied at secondary school from about the ages of 14-16. Before then i had always managed to keep a low profile and not get bothered much. I also had a group of friends to hang out with. We were all 'weird' and because we were in a group no one dared bother us.
Then when i was 14 we moved and i went to another school. I just never fitted in, i had no friends and couldn't seemt to make any, i spent all of my spare time hiding in the library or something similiar. It was never more then snide comments for which i am thankful and i coped by ignoring it (and everyone at the school) for the whole two years.
My younger sister was in the school too and she had loads of friends, but we were on different sites and were growing apart as we got older so i couldn't spend time with her, my usual way of finding people to hang with was to spend time with my sister and her friends.
My mum has told me since that i should have said something to her at the time but I never did. It proably would have help though. Have you said anything to anyone??
Ironically another younger sistter of mine started at the school after i left, someone said something nasty to her (the school had a reputation for being bad for bullies) she said something very nasty back and she was never bothered again. Ah so simple, but something i could never do.

Your deffinantly not alone, we're all different, i'm sure if any one of us has never been picked on in some way then their very lucky. But it does get better. Especially when your able to pick and choose the environments you spend time in . You may be a little trapped now but you need to remember it's their problem, not yours, there's nothing wrong with you :@)

F5c_wZ3_414e_X5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jul 2006, 6:14 am

I was bullied a lot, but I didn't understand that I am being bullied. I thought these children were my friends. It was untill the age 13. That was when I understood. I was afraid of bullying. I couldn't resist. I didn't know what to do or what to say. Now I am 20 and I am still afraid.

sigholdaccountlost
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2006, 1:33 pm

Went through that too. Quite frankly, I'm glad that this time, next year, I won't ever have to go to be educated again if I don't want to.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2006, 3:09 pm

Thanks for sharing. Keep 'em coming. :)

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2006, 5:10 pm

Alternative wrote:
One problem of mine. I would like to share my bullying that has been going on for most of my school life.

I'm 14 and its the 6 weeks holidays for me :D and I'm relieved I'm away from school.

People have made remarks about me and have immediately judged me as a nerd, geek and/or freak or ret*d. I have been seen as an outcast since I was about 8 or 9. Thats when the bullying started. I am not feeling suicidal I am just fed up with the incredible amount of bullying I've had. Name calling, verbal and physical abuse, pranks and very out of order jokes. I have done nothing and kept a low profile in primary school and secondary school. I have never aggravated anyone and naturally tried to fit in, but usually this never works. I'm glad I have a friend and 1 only close friend whos accepted me of who I am. See, he knows I'm an aspie and accepts this fact, because he as an autistic brother. I just want everyone else to accept my personality and my habits (like rolling my eyes or laughing at people's misfortunes). The bullying was the main part of my stress I had. I had an over exxagerated amount of stress which has made me to gradually snap and now I'm in over exaggerated depression where I have sunk low. Not too low as I still has my sense of humor though.

I wish this kind of crap should never happen to me considering I get enough bad luck as it is.

Bullying has existed in my world and my life and I'm used to it though. :(

Anybody like this or has been in this same or similar situation?

This way I know I'm not the only one.

I had that sort of thing from year 7 to year 9, then it stopped because people finally learnt to grow up.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2006, 5:36 pm

I was Bullied beetween Grades 8 and 10. The fools called me ret*d, Loser, Geek and Nerd. I was also shoved in the Hall for wearing a Peace-Sign necklace, a few times. Everybody grew up, after Grade 10.

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2006, 11:44 pm

I've been there too, for about 10 years of my school life! To support what Corcovado said, I agree that it will get better. You'll have a lot more control over your environment, and you'll probably become more confident, too. Hang in there!

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2006, 5:04 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Everybody grew up, after Grade 10.

I'm grade 10 in September.

thistledown
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2006, 8:12 pm

I don't see why anybody should have to put up with this crap just because they are different. What about "tolerance", "diversity" and all those other buzzwords? If adults bully each other they call it harassment, stalking, etc. and make it stop, even through the court system if need be. I got teased, bullied, etc., in school and had to regularly defend myself physically even though I didn't like to fight. At one point I was molested by older boys!

Knowing what I know now, I would raise a stink, tell my parents I refuse to go to school anymore, threaten the school administration with legal action, call Child Protective Services and report it as abuse, because that is what it is!

Thistledown

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2006, 10:08 pm

i was bullied from elementary school, until highschool. its not that i didint stand up for myself, because i did. wich lead to alot of fighting. i got into around 8 fights in my school career and lossed almost all of them. in jr high i got my bottom teeth knocked out by this other kid named robert who just had it out for me since like the first day of school. and to make matters worse he lived in my neighbourhood, so i didn't even play outside half of the time. but enivitably i had to go outside to shoot some hoops or whatever, and guess who was riding his bike right passed my house? robert. another fight ensued in my front yard but this time a neighbour saw and called the police. one of my moms windows was open to her house and he went over and threw rocks into our toilet. are house was pretty small and the bathroom was even smaller. so he had no trouble almost shattering our toilet with rocks.

i was embaressed because when the police came he acted like i was wasting the citys time by having him called out to arrest the fa***t who trespassesed looking for a fight. and i remember roberts mom flirting with the cop so he wouldn't arrest her stupid son. of course he didnt get arrested because the cop bought into her flirtation. he passed it off as some stupid BS kid fight and refused to do anything.

i counted the days of each month wishing they were my last that school year, i spent most of my time in clubs even if i didnt like them or finding anything to do so i wouldn't have to go to recess or lunch. i remember often just walking around inside the school waiting for lunch and recess to get over with, with a fake pass just so i could get to the hour after lunch.

it was pretty bad. :ninja:

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2006, 4:16 am

I wasn't really bullied in primary school, but it started in Year 8. I had this two-faced friend who maden fun of me in fromt of others. I wasn't really a friend with him as much. I tried to be on my own but he was calling me names and saying all sorts of crap like "You're going to get a crap job on computers" (That's just an oxymoron). Then some other peers got caught up in it.

Then in Year 9 people got involved and did acts that I didn't like, or insult me discreetly. Lately they have left me alone since I managed to ignore it. That old two-faced idiot is now called a rat quite often and he doesn't like it, though I don't call him anything.

I hope this kind of bullying doesn't continue into Year 10, as someone has often started up a false statement about what I did (for an example, see my older topic "B1TCH"). Until recently I had a friend in my class who wasn't so biased against me and agreed with me, but then she left. Right about this moment about 96% of the class would be biased against me or not have an objection at all.

Alternative, I am at the same stage as you and I know how you feel.

zebu2372
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Aug 2006, 1:34 pm

I got bullied in a lot of different ways mainly during late primary school, and in other situations about that age. It was very hard at the time, especially since the teachers didn't have the same programmes they're supopsed to have against it today - a lot of the time they just assumed people would fight and it wasn't that important to stop it unless someone was getting badly hurt. In my experience, the bullies tended to grow up - and sometimes get criticism from their peers from it - about age 13, although that didn't mean I didn't get bullied after that. I remember reading somewhere that Tony Attwood said all or most of the male Aspies he's worked with have been.

zebu2372
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Aug 2006, 1:39 pm

I got bullied in a lot of different ways mainly during late primary school, and in other situations about that age. It was very hard at the time, especially since the teachers didn't have the same programmes they're supopsed to have against it today - a lot of the time they just assumed people would fight and it wasn't that important to stop it unless someone was getting badly hurt. In my experience, the bullies tended to grow up - and sometimes get criticism from their peers from it - about age 13, although that didn't mean I didn't get bullied after that. I remember reading somewhere that Tony Attwood said all or most of the male Aspies he's worked with have been.