Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 9:41 pm

I find that I'm becoming more of a Homebody. I'm spending a lot more time at Home with my parents, especially my mom. I just can't handle spending the day at my Clubhouse without buying an Energy Drink on my way there, unless there's something special going on, like an All Day Outing to Victoria or maybe Whistler or Harrison Hot Springs. I've done a thorough introspection on myself, by asking myself many questions. I've found out that my reason for drinking Energy Drinks was to make it through 6 hours at the Clubhouse, after a bad night of only 5 hours of broken sleep, after taking Chico on a 45 minute walk and having only Toast and Fat Free Margarine for Breakfast, so that I could save enough Points for a good-sized Lunch, and so that I could walk Bonnie for 30 minutes, as soon as I got home, every Tuesday. I've also had a conflict with the Head Woman at that place, and it's very unprofessional for somebody of that status to do something of that sort. All I feel like doing now, is taking Chico for his 45 minute walk, take care of my Neighbour's yard and flowers, walk down to Safeway to buy the cheapest Lotto Ticket of the Day with the Extra, take Bonnie for a 30 minute stroll, and than attend to my Hobbies of Art, Reading, Music, Routemasters of course, and the Internet. I'd also like to do a couple of chores at Home and not at the Clubhouse. I'm really becoming a Homebody. Perhaps I should find a Cash Job, so I can help my parents out with the Bills, as well.

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 9:59 pm

I stay at home the most I can, except for school of course. I hardly ever see anyone outside school.
I just find that being by myself is at least as good as being with people. Sometimes I can enjoy that too, but being alone is a heck of a lot easier.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 10:30 pm

I miss being a homebody.

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Sep 2006, 10:35 pm

used to be, when i was younger...

Artfulia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2006, 11:22 pm

I spent quite a lot of time at home. Now I spend a lot of time at my apartment.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 1:39 am

What's wrong with homebody?
Nothing.
I LOVE being a homebody.
Here's to homebody's everywhere :P

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 3:59 am

Yes.

- Emerson

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 5:47 am

I used to be at home all the time, hardly ever going out. Now, that's not the case. I like to be out and about - life's too short for wanting to hide away all the frigging time. :)

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 9:04 pm

i like being at home. usually if i have to go into town to go somewhere it makes me mad for some reason

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 3:13 am

I'ma homebody most of the time, I enjoy going out a lot, but too much gets overwhelming.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

17 Sep 2006, 5:58 am

HomeBody!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! Really the only place I can go is to my sisters house and
the live normal hours and her young kids tire me out. I can only manage to go every
few day or so. (she moved back to Texas about a month ago before that I had no
place to go).

When I worked I just worked and went home. Till I learned to drive about 6 months
before I quit then I would random drive but again with no real place to go.

sweetpraline
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Sep 2006, 8:34 am

Yes, I'm a homebody. I like staying at home. I had one week off on vacation from work a couple of weeks ago and everyone asked where I was going to go and what I was going to do. I told them I'm not going any where. I'm just going to stay at home and chill. I need my vacations to recouperate from the stress of dealing with the people at work.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 5:42 pm

Apart from work I don't go out very much, though when I do it can be quite enjoyable.

Lately I seem to be really busy at home, and that's spoilt it somwhat. I liked to come home and relax, but now there are always more things to do when I get there.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 6:07 pm

I treasure chances to be home alone. It doesn't happen often but it's wonderful. Sometimes I'm so relaxed I accidently fall asleep.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 10:11 pm

I love hanging out doing things at home or in the yard. Just puttering around doing this and that. I like to go out sometimes too, i visit my parents, sisters or my friends house. We go out to eat 1 or 2 x a week.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 8:56 pm

I could be snowed in for 6 months...as long as I still had food, water and heat...I wouldn't mind one bit. :wink: