Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 2:49 am

This thought crosses my mind often now

Since childhood i chased people, hearing their sob stories, being their shoulder to cry, pampering them, buying them gifts and ended up nowhere only looking like a cartoon

Now when i look back at all the embrassing situations i have been just inorder to get friends and company i feel stupid. I have joined stupid spiritual groups and got nowhere besides loads of money

I have joined computer classes just to avoid loneliness but went there and looked quite old enough and at wrongplace and wrongtime
Wiccan group was disgusting one visit to it and that was it.

Now i feel i dont want people to be my friends...because i dont want to share my pain.
My pain is extreme with childhood abuse etc. NT's dont seem to understand they just skip the topic
They burden me with their pains and troubles i just listen quitely.

I feel is it in best interest of AS people to remain alone or should they try to befriend NT's?

mikerl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Apr 2011, 8:09 am

sometimes i want share with people,i want somebody listen to me,but when it becomes real,i am doing nothing and i am feared to say anything,i don't know what is right to say,so i realize i should not say anythiny about me or others,i only concern myself.i don't need people.although sometimes feel so lonely.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 8:44 am

yes, we do need friends, maybe more so then NTs.
for me, if i get locked up; being around friends calms me down, knowing there is someone nearby that cares and could protect me, if needed (tell me to go inside if it starts raining, remind me to eat/drink...) is a comforting feeling, it lets me out of a shutdown faster then i can do on my own, becouse i can focus fully on restarting, without needing to worry about my surroundings.

the best for this is a real good friend though; someone who knows about your autism and how to cope with it; they should not try a NT comforting method like putting an arm on my shoulders; not during a shutdown. they should just *be* there.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 10:00 am

Well the NT friends I "though" I had were really only using me for my abilities and not really friends when I needed a friend. I can't even seem to make aspie friends-its so frustrating and being alone isn't fun.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 10:10 am

Radiofixr wrote:
Well the NT friends I "though" I had were really only using me for my abilities and not really friends when I needed a friend. I can't even seem to make aspie friends-its so frustrating and being alone isn't fun.

yes so true they only use us and when they get better NT people they dump us
since we are as useless as can be
i lost my only friend to a NT

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 9:25 pm

namaste wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:

yes so true they only use us and when they get better NT people they dump us
since we are as useless as can be
i lost my only friend to a NT

that sounds slightly poetic :?

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2011, 1:44 am

Yes. Most people should make friends. Why did you lose your friend?

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 5:40 am

I think what you want out of a friendship is kind of hard to find, when other people have genuine problems and frustrations, it's hard to know what to say. I find that social workers and forums are a good place to express feelings that nobody else wants to deal with.

I personally don't think it's practical to make friends everywhere you go either, I mean I had 30 people who needed me in their lives, I wouldn't be able to give them the quality attention that defines a friendship.

It might help you to decide what you want in a friend too, for me it's someone who can enjoy the same stuff I enjoy without getting too worked up over anything. Or it can be someone who engages the group by making fun of people and taking the same treatment they dish out. I don't like spending time with people who always have to be the center of attention or who feel the need to befriend everyone they meet. I feel uncomfortable around people who degrade others to make themselves feel better.

You'll have to do some introspecting and decide what's right for you, but having friends is important for your mental and physical health,

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 7:44 am

MyWorld wrote:
Yes. Most people should make friends. Why did you lose your friend?

she got someone faster, quicker and confident just like her

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 7:46 am

MDD123 wrote:
I think what you want out of a friendship is kind of hard to find, when other people have genuine problems and frustrations, it's hard to know what to say. I find that social workers and forums are a good place to express feelings that nobody else wants to deal with.

I personally don't think it's practical to make friends everywhere you go either, I mean I had 30 people who needed me in their lives, I wouldn't be able to give them the quality attention that defines a friendship.

It might help you to decide what you want in a friend too, for me it's someone who can enjoy the same stuff I enjoy without getting too worked up over anything. Or it can be someone who engages the group by making fun of people and taking the same treatment they dish out. I don't like spending time with people who always have to be the center of attention or who feel the need to befriend everyone they meet. I feel uncomfortable around people who degrade others to make themselves feel better.

You'll have to do some introspecting and decide what's right for you, but having friends is important for your mental and physical health,

i want a simple friend someone who can help me live in this world in a smart manner.
who can give me some company and help me get away from my loneliness.