Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

brokenseeker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2011, 5:47 am

Friends say I am socialy unrecognizable to when I was a teen. I have made great strides in being able to socialize. So clearly improvement is possible, and something in any succesful personal story may be useful to others.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 6:02 am

Well the amount in which I have improved in life in general in the past six months has been massive.
Six months ago I was depressed (at one point suicidal too), had major social anxieties which are about half-overcome now, and still improving, and am socially much much more aware of everything - what to say etc. compared to two years ago.

Improvement is indeed possible, and sometimes you have to push yourself a bit and make it happen.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 8:49 am

i have also improved greatly over the last few years (the adolecent years, basically)
a few years ago, i heared my sister say that i became completely different to before i went to college; and last year, a new guy joined the orchestra, in the chair next to me, also an autistic; i instantly recognised myself in him, and last summer, when we went of a study/concert tour/trip, the way he acted was like looking at myself 3-4 years ago, it was quite a revelation to see the improvement i made, and also to basically see myself from the outside basically...

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2011, 10:35 am

brokenseeker wrote:
Friends say I am socialy unrecognizable to when I was a teen. I have made great strides in being able to socialize. So clearly improvement is possible, and something in any succesful personal story may be useful to others.

So ... can you share how exactly you made these great strides that achieved this clear improvement that made you unrecognizable? Or is learning how to tease an area you made clear improvement? :)