Did anyone ever stand up for you against bullies?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Yes, I was protected against bullies at nearly all time 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Yes, I was protected against bullies at nearly all time 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Yes, someone protected me most of the time 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Yes, someone protected me most of the time 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Yes, somone protected me at a few occasions 23%  23%  [ 22 ]
Yes, somone protected me at a few occasions 23%  23%  [ 22 ]
No, never 24%  24%  [ 23 ]
No, never 24%  24%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 94

hate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2006, 11:41 am

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 12:10 pm

No, never. There's a small part of me that still hates everybody my age for that. :x :wink:

- Emerson

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 12:16 pm

Yeah, but they didn't need to.
I'm a smart, emotionally strong person who can stand up for himself.
Besides, I don't take bullies seriously. They're just losers with poor social skills who're trying to be cool and failing miserably.

sweetpraline
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Aug 2006, 12:51 pm

Hell to the naw!

No one has ever stood up for me. I've always had to stand up for myself and defend myself. I was always told it was my fault for being bullied and I brought these things on myself.

See my post in the thread "Who has the worst disorder? NT or Aspie?"

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 1:01 pm

Not that I can remember, no.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 1:31 pm

Yes. If in school something happens to me and many of my aqquaintaces see it, they back me up and stand up for me as well. Theres at least one person who knows me and likes me around when something happens to me. My brother stood up for me until he left school.

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2006, 1:58 pm

sweetpraline wrote:
Hell to the naw!

No one has ever stood up for me. I've always had to stand up for myself and defend myself. I was always told it was my fault for being bullied and I brought these things on myself.

See my post in the thread "Who has the worst disorder? NT or Aspie?"

Hey im from around detroitish too!! !! ! I live in oakland county!! !

GO WINGS!! !! !

I always had to stand up for myself and i suck at it, as a result i almost died.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 2:05 pm

Ironically, the only time someone stuck up for me was a former bully to another. The little red-haired girl learned her mistake and we were on good terms. When a girl started bullying me, she told her to shut up. It wasn't really a power struggle either, she just didn't think it was fair.

hate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2006, 2:59 pm

Yupa wrote:
Besides, I don't take bullies seriously. They're just losers with poor social skills who're trying to be cool and failing miserably.

My 2 worst bullies were not losers, they were among the best at school. Good grades, athletic, girls and wide circle of normal friends.

julieme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Aug 2006, 3:23 pm

I was in special ed with the brother of a local gang leader. Nobody was allowed to pick on anyone in the class. To make sure we were ok, there was usually someone hanging out at recess and after school

AmyRose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2006, 4:19 pm

I had a teacher in high school who sometimes did, and occasionally some of my friends did too, but for the most part, I was forced to put up with it or face getting in trouble with the principal. :x

sigholdaccountlost
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 4:22 pm

gnulinuxman wrote:
I had a teacher in high school who sometimes did, and occasionally some of my friends did too, but for the most part, I was forced to put up with it or face getting in trouble with the principal. :x

*crosses out 'high' and replaeces it with 'upper'. *crosses out 'principial' and replaces it with 'headteachers' There, now I don't need to say anything.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 5:00 pm

In earlier grades, my teachers tried to protect me from bullies, to small extent. Unfortunately, their efforts were often limited to telling them to stop, and if I'm "lucky", giving them a lecture on why bullying is hurtful. The worst punishment a bully ever got is a zero on a homework assignment he tried to take from me. (Not that he cared, although enough to stalk me after school that day.)

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 5:08 pm

The last two posts on this topic?
Agreed.
Teachers can be and often are worse than students in terms of bullying because they've been granted more authority.
I once had one math teacher who made the most hideously mean comments about students.
She never explained anything (much less talked most of the time), and instead of looking at a student directly she'd stare using some kind of weird peripheral vision, which was scary because she had these ugly, beady little eyes.
She erased everything she'd put on the board less than a minute after she'd written it, and expected everyone to pick up on it in that short amount of time.
And if someone asked her how one of the concepts worked, she'd basically insult the student who asked for being stupid.
Needless to say, the highest grade in her class was a b minus, and nearly everyone else was close to failing. Even people who were good at the subject matter were failing because of her.
I wanted to transfer into another math class, but unfortunately she argued with my parents and the head of the ESE department that I had to stay in her class, so it took me more than a semester to get out of that Hell.
So that's my experience with bullying.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

20 Aug 2006, 6:10 pm

Yupa wrote:

Ditto. Wait, I take that back; I know of one instance when one of my friends snapped at one particuarly stupid classmate that had been badmouthing me right in front of her. Not that it matters much to me; by that point, I'd been living in another state by six months (and this was the first time the brat got up the courage to make fun of me, too; I'd lost my temper with her at the end of seventh grade).

krex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 6:45 pm

I hung out with a group of "gutter punks" who would stick up for me when "outsiders" picked on me but the down side was that they picked on me!I think it was kind of like the "clan" mentality...you can not pick on our women...they are property to abuse.The females were not like that, though...we actually defended each other alot...the only group of females I have personally known who were not"catty" towards each other and usually valued their female friends as much or more then males.They were pretty cool.

I use to stick up for people who were being picked on....I had better social skills then alot of the bullies and could often turn things around to make them look like jerks(especially when they were teasing a disabled girl I was friends with)not that it made them like me or her but it least it got them to shut up and leave us alone.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/