Why is it that people can be so friendly and caring...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

...and at the same time still manage to annoy the freaking living s**t out of you?

You can't really tell why they're so damn annoying at the same time when they're so damn friendly, warm and caring but you just feel they are and you can't help it.

Is this a beginning sign of narcissism in myself? Or is there something they're trying to hide?

I dunno...

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 2:23 pm

Uprising wrote:
...and at the same time still manage to annoy the freaking living sh** out of you?

You can't really tell why they're so damn annoying at the same time when they're so damn friendly, warm and caring but you just feel they are and you can't help it.

Is this a beginning sign of narcissism in myself? Or is there something they're trying to hide?

I dunno...

There is something that annoys each and every one of us.

It could be you are narcissistic like you suggest.

It could be that you are pessimistic about the world. When a person comes that conflicts with your viewpoint, it could bring a feeling of annoyance.

But it is probably more complex than that.

I have to admit that I am annoyed by people who seen to be nothing but goodness. Because, to me, it seems cartoonish and one-dimensional. People who say "good golly gosh" instead of "my God".

Go to 7:39 of this video to know what I'm talking about:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LJLpmXlqWg&feature=related[/youtube]

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

Uprising wrote:
...and at the same time still manage to annoy the freaking living sh** out of you?

I dunno...

On the flip side, I've been mistreated by a lot of people who seem to think, "you annoy me for whatever reason, so I'm justified in treating you like garbage."

To me, it's just bad manners. But many people, presumably NT, seem to think it's perfectly OK to act this way toward someone the just "feel" annoyed by.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:52 am

What I've found is that sometimes, people try to act very nice with good intentions toward you, but they are not considerate toward your actual needs and get a lot of things wrong. My mom says that I'm supposed to lie to them and be all nice even though it annoys the hell out of me, but I think they should know that they're doing something wrong so I tell the truth.

I guess I'm narcissistic-like in that I expect people to perfectly conform to my needs and get very angry at any such discrepancies. However, people messing up my personal order are an intrusion of my privacy and make me feel very uncomfortable. Why do they put in the extra effort to care for me when I'd obviously rather be left alone, I do not know.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:23 pm

MathGirl wrote:
What I've found is that sometimes, people try to act very nice with good intentions toward you, but they are not considerate toward your actual needs and get a lot of things wrong. My mom says that I'm supposed to lie to them and be all nice even though it annoys the hell out of me, but I think they should know that they're doing something wrong so I tell the truth.

Yeah thats pretty much what they do. They'll act really nice and sweet due to there people pleasing tendancies. However, they get really annoying and things lead to misinterpretations. Idk, its hard to explain. Yeah your pretty much suppose to lie and be nice. Or else other people are going to look down on you in scorn wondering why are you being so mean to that nice and caring person.