How can I avoid them finding out the truth?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 1:39 pm

Last weekend I met up with 2 old friends of mine at the bar who I have not seen in 2 years. After the evening was finished they drove me home but the thing is I gave them a false road to drop me down (not the actual road I live). The thing is my family do not like these friends of mine so I didn't want them to know where I actually lived.

How can I avoid them finding out the truth of my real home? :?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 1:47 pm

Unless they want to burglarize your house, I don't think they give two craps where you really live.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 1:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Unless they want to burglarize your house, I don't think they give two craps where you really live.

What about if they want to come over and see me in my house though?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 1:59 pm

Why would a heterosexual guy want to "see you in your house?" that badly? Unless he's up to no good.

Do they know your first and last name? If they do, they can probably find out your address, anyway.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 2:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why would a heterosexual guy want to "see you in your house?" that badly? Unless he's up to no good.

Do they know your first and last name? If they do, they can probably find out your address, anyway.

s**t they do know my first/last name but they don't know my post code though

lordfakename
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Sep 2016, 2:54 pm

Why don't your family like them?

If they ask to come over just say no, sorry, your family don't really want guests or something like that. You don't have to let them come to your house even if they do know the address

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 5:51 pm

It's not proper conduct for a person to "invite themselves" to a person's house, unless the person whose house it is invites them.

If you don't want them in your house, then tell them they're not invited. No excuses needed.

Why do they want to "see you in your house" so badly, anyway. Sounds sort of fishy to me.