Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieGurl89_MI
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Dec 2006, 7:52 pm

Hi. I'm Nikki. I'm a 17yr old female. I love electronics, music, school, learning, animals, fashion, watching tv, shopping, and lots more!! ! I'm a girly girl but do have a rocker side to me at times. I'm just a laid back, down to earth aspie who loves to have a good laugh. I speak spanish and I am a volunteer teacher's assistant for my little sister's school for the Spanish class. I love to listen to others. I've been through alot in my 17 yrs of life that have inevitably forced me to grow up and mature faster than those my age. I tend to connect with people younger or older than me unless its on the internet. I love to chat and make new friends. I graduate from high school in May and am going to college. I'm just looking for more friends on here. If you really want to get to know me you can read my previous posts by clicking on my profile or you can just ask. :D thanks!

Space
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2006, 9:57 pm

Hi :D

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2006, 10:17 pm

Hi Nikki, nice to meet you. It's 3:16 am at the moment, but I'll drop you a pm or something when it's a better hour and I'm slightly more awake. :roll: :lol:

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 5:00 am

awwww, why don't you live here in OR? :(

I always ask myself if I was born in the wrong place.

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2006, 3:53 pm

Hi.

Personally I get along with people far older than me - college age or older - better than I get along with those who are high school age. The topics which I prefer to discuss are for the most part not what most people in high school like to discuss. I'm noting this because you've described something similar - that you "connect with people" better if they're younger or older. Could this be a shared trait among Aspies - the inability to get along with those their age?

I would be glad toget to know you

-aaron

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 5:44 pm

Hey, Nikki! I'm Heather. I'm also seventeen years old but not for too much longer. I'm also a girly girl (pretty much to the core) and my hobbies are shopping, drawing, reading, hanging out with friends, talking on the phone, writing, watching TV, and trying to figure out ways to pursue my future careeer (I want to design, decorate, and sell McMansions). I also tend to get along with people younger than me best as well, but I do have friends my own age, too. It's so nice to see someone I can relate to!

Halley
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2006, 11:19 am

Hi, I am Halley.
I'm a female and I will be 20 in January.
I am a girly girl too.
I like clothes and handbags and like going to the cinema.
The last one I saw was the new Bond film.
It was fanastic.
My hobbies are making pictures out of stained glass and listening to music.
I live in Dorset on the south coast which is quite a small place but it has a beautiful beach and bay.
I would love to hear from you.

AspieGurl89_MI

30 Dec 2006, 2:47 pm

Space wrote:
Hi :D

Hi Space! :D

AspieGurl89_MI

30 Dec 2006, 2:48 pm

Louise wrote:
Hi Nikki, nice to meet you. It's 3:16 am at the moment, but I'll drop you a pm or something when it's a better hour and I'm slightly more awake. :roll: :lol:
Hi, it's nice to meet you too. Feel free to drop me a pm or something. k? thanks.

AspieGurl89_MI

30 Dec 2006, 2:50 pm

Cyanide wrote:
awwww, why don't you live here in OR? :(

I always ask myself if I was born in the wrong place.

I always ask myslef why I was born in the wrong place too! lol. :lol:

AspieGurl89_MI

30 Dec 2006, 2:51 pm

aleclair wrote:
Hi.

Personally I get along with people far older than me - college age or older - better than I get along with those who are high school age. The topics which I prefer to discuss are for the most part not what most people in high school like to discuss. I'm noting this because you've described something similar - that you "connect with people" better if they're younger or older. Could this be a shared trait among Aspies - the inability to get along with those their age?

I would be glad toget to know you

-aaron

I personally believe that the inability to get along with others their age is an aspie trait. I also like to discuss topics that most (NT) highschoolers do not talk about. What topics do you liek to talk about, if you don't mind me asking?

AspieGurl89_MI

30 Dec 2006, 2:53 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
Hey, Nikki! I'm Heather. I'm also seventeen years old but not for too much longer. I'm also a girly girl (pretty much to the core) and my hobbies are shopping, drawing, reading, hanging out with friends, talking on the phone, writing, watching TV, and trying to figure out ways to pursue my future careeer (I want to design, decorate, and sell McMansions). I also tend to get along with people younger than me best as well, but I do have friends my own age, too. It's so nice to see someone I can relate to!

Hi Heather! I agree. It is nice to someone that I can relate to too! You seem like a cool girla nd it seems as though we have the same interests. Feel free to leave me a pm or something. ~Nikki

AspieGurl89_MI

30 Dec 2006, 2:55 pm

Halley wrote:
Hi, I am Halley.
I'm a female and I will be 20 in January.
I am a girly girl too.
I like clothes and handbags and like going to the cinema.
The last one I saw was the new Bond film.
It was fanastic.
My hobbies are making pictures out of stained glass and listening to music.
I live in Dorset on the south coast which is quite a small place but it has a beautiful beach and bay.
I would love to hear from you.

Hi Halley! Wow. Don't even get me started on clothes and handbags..I might not be able to be quiet. lol! I would love to see some pics of pictures that you have made out of stained glass. That sounds like fun. So what types of music artists do you listen to the most? Feel free to leave me a pm.

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2006, 9:57 pm

AspieGurl89_MI wrote:
I personally believe that the inability to get along with others their age is an aspie trait. I also like to discuss topics that most (NT) highschoolers do not talk about. What topics do you liek to talk about, if you don't mind me asking?

Linguistics.
Indie rock.
Roads and Highways.

Yeah, good luck trying to get any NT in a public high school to talk about the influence of the Norman Invasion on the English language. Or the gradual change in spelling of various words from old English to modern English.

Talking about music is a rather NT topic, but my taste in music can get rather obscure compared to the average high school student's top-40/classic rock taste. Most people with whom I've had civil discourse on music are aware that there's sucha thing as "Indie" music but seem to be clueless as to exactly what the term comprises.
(Of course, you can get very philosophical and say it's only a word and its meaning is created by the individual... but that makes things a bit complex.)

Interesting that you think an inability to communicate with those our age is an Aspie trait.

-aaron

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2007, 12:13 am

I almost always have trouble getting on with people my age, especially other girls.

PathoftheImmortals
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2007, 8:30 am

Hey there Nikki! My name’s Eric. I know exactly what you mean about about having difficulty relating to people of the same age.
I found my high school years especially difficult as lots of emphasis seems to be placed on just “fitting in” or “being cool” with many people around this age. I’m working on an English degree in university now and am enjoying it slightly more but still find ‘being social’ quite difficult as I still have a fair amount of social anxiety and am probably still much too introverted for my own good (although I have been trying to work on this). I like listening to music, hiking, going for long drives, weight-training, watching a good movie… pretty much anything that is not particularly social I guess. :lol:

I see you like animals. Do you have any pets?