Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chessimprov
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2012, 12:12 am

Ever feel like you wanted to meet someone irl because they have the same interests as you, or their personality seems like it would match up with yours? Sometimes I feel that way. But I don't really have a reason to meet these people because they don't live near me, and I can't just pop up for no reason as that would just be so stalkerish.

I think it would be cool to meet more people through this website, but there's so much disgusting stuff that's happened to so many people through websites. Mainly craigslist, but it's like a you never know type of thing.

Reminds me of the show, Catfish, on MTV. I really like that show.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 7:57 am

Are you referring to the transition between chatting through text and live interaction? Would there be a difference if you chatted through Skype and live interaction? What exactly do you seek through a physical interaction, if you mainly seek interest-based conversations that could well be accomplished on a forum (such as this)?

(And, yes, to dig deep into the answers for these questions may require some effort. It's what I've also wondered myself for quite some time.)

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 10:59 am

There is a thread in Member's only about that very topic:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt218948.html

Some people (like myself) prefer only to give out skype contact information by PM.